2020 Recruiting: - Bryce Aiken Transfering | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Bryce Aiken Transfering

Reaction Score
Really shocked we didn't go after either Harvard kid, especially Aiken with the UConn connection.
Thinking Hurley would value a potential 3 seasons with Nolley as a greater impact than 1 year with Aiken.

Reaction Score
Thinking Hurley would value a potential 3 seasons with Nolley as a greater impact than 1 year with Aiken.
Huh? The post you're quoting says none of those things
huh? dont you agree we'll probably have 2 open schollys?

ucawn was implying an either/or choice between aiken and nolley. they arent redundant so i took that to mean he thinks we only have room for 1 more player (as lots of guys keep repeating)

Reaction Score
huh? dont you agree we'll probably have 2 open schollys?

ucawn was implying an either/or choice between aiken and nolley. they arent redundant so i took that to mean we only have room for 1 more player.

my point is hurley could have tried to sign both.
Yeah I think we'll end up with 2 open scholarships, but I don't expect both to go to guards/wings so it would be an either or choice between Aiken and Nolley for me

Reaction Score
it would be an either or choice between Aiken and Nolley for me

wow ok. didnt see that one coming... must be quite a luxury to stick your nose up at trying to land 2 of the top 5 transfers, especially when one is a 6'0 175 combo guard and the other is a 6'7 230 lbs versatile forward. a good coach could never make that work.... (superjohn currently has AJ slotted into the PF position but you dont think nolley could play there?)

Reaction Score
wow ok. didnt see that one coming... must be quite a luxury to stick your nose up at trying to land 2 of the top 5 transfers, especially when one is a 6'0 175 combo guard and the other is a 6'7 230 lbs versatile forward. a good coach could never make that work.... (superjohn currently has AJ slotted into the PF position but you dont think nolley could play there?)
Damn dude, calm down. I'm not even gonna respond to this anymore. Was trying to have a reasonable discussion about recruits and you come in with this nonsense putting words in my mouth

Reaction Score
Damn dude, calm down. I'm not even gonna respond to this anymore. Was trying to have a reasonable discussion about recruits and you come in with this nonsense putting words in my mouth
This guy just attacks lol. I got crucified by him for not realizing it was a “done deal” that all transfers won’t have to sit.

Reaction Score
my bad. at first i didnt realize you had reframed the issue from scholly number to redundancy, which is one of your classic debate moves. plus you often categorically refute my opinions, so i figured this was another attempt and i rebutted too hard. been a long week in lockdown

Last edited:
Reaction Score
48d4cbc55f21af9f544966b1b54ad96c.jpg

Reaction Score
Really shocked we didn't go after either Harvard kid, especially Aiken with the UConn connection.

Is it possible he wasn't interested in us? Michigan, Gonzaga, Michigan State, Maryland, and Seton Hall is a very good list of schools

Reaction Score
Yeah I think we'll end up with 2 open scholarships, but I don't expect both to go to guards/wings so it would be an either or choice between Aiken and Nolley for me

You’re not an insider so stop acting like one

Reaction Score
This is all based on Hurley's comments, I'm not acting like I have any super secret info. From Borges article that's been discussed on here for 2 months, "Prior to Akok’s torn Achilles tendon he suffered in a Feb. 16 win over Memphis, Dan Hurley and his staff were concentrating on a big guard who can shoot and a center and/or power forward to close out the recruiting class for next year’s team. Now, finding a power forward climbs straight to the top of the Huskies’ needs. And UConn will likely go the grad transfer or junior college route to do so."

Last edited:
Reaction Score

This is just common sense... We have an unexpected hole at the PF position for a player with experience, per the article @navery12 quoted.

And IF we had a second Scholarship open up, then we could take a guard/wing. For an extra ball handler (PG) or extra shooting/scoring from the wing (SG/SF).

But if we bring in two players most don't think be 2 of PG, SG, SF.

Nolley provides the added bonus of a G/SF comfortable handling the ball so that's fills all your needs alongside bringing in a PF.

Reaction Score
Hurley is a strange place. He has his point in Cole backed by Gaffney. He has two studs for big guard/small forward Jackson and Bouk, both need hugh playing time. They are backed by Adams, Polley. He has Whaley, and, hopefully, a leaner and meaner Carlton, backed by Springs and Ferguson, who will need time to develop and stay interested. Then there is, Wilson, the human highlight film. Akok has a long hard recovery. How far along will Springs and Gaffney be by fall? Good grad transfers are looking for playing time. And mediocre grad transfers will only hinder development of the young guys. So, he needs either a stud which are hard to recruit or backup willing to sit for his last shot at college ball. No easy task.

What was Lasaan Kromah, a mediocre transfer or a stud? Maybe in between? I mean a piece can still be essential on the one year rental, I have faith in DH to make that happen. A stud would be preferred (or 2) but they have needs still as well as unknowns.

Reaction Score
Kromah was the missing piece. Kromah could backup three positions for which we had definitive starters and no consistent backups. And I might add that since Kromah every college coach is looking for the next Kromah, making him harder to get if he is found.

He was strong fundamentally and also on the defensive end too. It turned to to be a gem! Need a stud or another gem.

Reaction Score

I'm changing my prediction. Michigan. With David DeJesus transferring and Simpson graduated, there's a huge guard need in Michigan. Also, they are likely to be the best team out of those four options with Wagner/Johns/Levers returning and a heck of a '20 class.

Reaction Score

I'm changing my prediction. Michigan. With David DeJesus transferring and Simpson graduated, there's a huge guard need in Michigan. Also, they are likely to be the best team out of those four options with Wagner/Johns/Levers returning and a heck of a '20 class.

Would be crazy if he burned Seton Hall for a second time but I still think he's a Pirate.

Reaction Score
Why would that be good we want strong big East teams
It wouldn't and I didn't say that. I'm a Seton Hall fan and Big East fan and want him to go there. He was thought to be a Seton Hall commit years ago and is thought to be going there now that's why I said it would be crazy if he burned them again but I don't expect him to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom