2020 Recruiting: - Bryce Aiken Transfering | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Bryce Aiken Transfering

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Would watch out for this one, Hurley offered him at URI. Game changer.

Reaction Score
Both his parents attended UConn, credit to cue the music on twitter
271C35EE-8B50-4362-AAC1-3A48988D91C2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We’ve got options between Bryce, Towns, Sanogo and Etienne at the end of the 2020 recruiting period. Gotta think winning the AAC tourney would help us out. I feel like we could be loaded if we add 2 of them

Reaction Score
He has Steph Curry like range while shooting ~40% from 3pt, he could be deadly in our 4 guard offense.

Reaction Score
Aiken is nasty, would love to have him. Priorities likely more on bigs, but if bouknight goes pro, which I think there is a small chance of it especially if he keeps playing out of his mind, then we’ll need Aiken bad.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We would run the risk of it looking like we’re recruiting over RJ since they’re such similar players. For a kid who can not stay healthy. IDK if it’s worth it.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Aiken is nasty, would love to have him. Priorities likely more on bigs, but if bouknight goes pro, which I think there is a small chance of it especially if he keeps playing out of his mind, then we’ll need Aiken bad.
Bouknight's not leaving after this year. It would be unwise as he will be a lottery pick after next year. If he listens to Hurley he will stay one more year, his defense isn't there yet.

Reaction Score
Likely medical redshirt this year.

Haven’t seen this discussed, however with him being eligible immediately due to Ivy grad transfer rules, and considering the redshirt this year, would he have two years of eligibility?

Reaction Score
After tomorrow, Alterique Gilbert will have played more games over his 4 year career than Bryce Aiken.
Yikes. Big risk we’d be taking.

Do we really think a guard of Aiken’s caliber would join our backcourt for next season? Between Cole, Bouk, Gaffney and BAdams, minutes will be very hard to come by. Although with Hurley showing small ball success right now perhaps he could persuade Aiken with our 4 guard lineups that minutes are available.

Despite wanting the scholarship, I’ve come to realize Al as our 5th guard on the depth chart playing 15-20 min a night is a solid piece.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yikes. Big risk we’d be taking.

Do we really think a guard of Aiken’s caliber would join our backcourt for next season? Between Cole, Bouk, Gaffney and BAdams, minutes will be very hard to come by. Although with Hurley showing small ball success right now perhaps he could persuade Aiken with our 4 guard lineups that minutes are available.

Despite wanting the scholarship, I’ve come to realize Al as our 5th guard on the depth chart playing 15-20 min a night is a solid piece.
He's better than everyone but maybe Bouk, if anything he'd be persuading everyone we have to stay.

Reaction Score
High major interest pouring in for Harvard transfer Bryce Aiken

“So far Maryland, Marquette, Seton Hall a little bit,” Aiken said. “I’ve spoken to Juwan Howard over at Michigan, the head coach of Iowa State, Kansas has reached out, but not to me personally yet and Gonzaga.”

Aiken also noted that there are a handful of schools that he’s still hoping will reach out.

“I guess you could say the Blue Blood schools and Michigan State I would definitely love to hear from,” he said. “Seeing Cassius [Winston] in their program and him obviously leaving to go to the NBA this year, it would definitely be an interest of mine.”

If you're a Spartan's fan, would you be excited to bring Aiken into the mix, or would you want to carry on with developing your talented, young lead guard duo of Rockett Watts and AJ Hoggard?

My take: Out of that list, Gonzaga, Maryland and Marquette are great fits. All three teams have the right combo of biggest need and lack of guys to step up at the lead guard position after GIlder/Woolridge, Cowan and Howard graduated.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Really shocked we didn't go after either Harvard kid, especially Aiken with the UConn connection.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom