Bryant Sheriff's best game ever, and the D was better | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bryant Sheriff's best game ever, and the D was better

Reaction Score
We know what we have with Bryant.

He’s not a D1 QB.

Tough to win when you don’t have a QB.

time to build for the future. Pindell should start.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

He’s not a D1 QB.

sarcasm+5.jpg

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

He’s not a D1 QB.

After all, the coaches at NC State knew he wasn’t a QB and was only good for fullback.

On a separate note, can we start spelling the poor guy’s last name correctly? Shirreffs.

Reaction Score
After all, the coaches at NC State knew he wasn’t a QB and was only good for fullback.

On a separate note, can we start spelling the poor guy’s last name correctly? Shirreffs.
You FB post beat mine by maybe 30 seconds

Reaction Score

He’s not a D1 QB.

to be fair, the staff thought Pindell should start at one point, too. Next years QB battle will be very strong with Pindell, Washington, Krajewski and McAfee.

Reaction Score
They played great for 55 minutes. Don't know what the hell has happened to Summers. Kid has regressed a ton, maybe he's nicked up.

Got great pressure from the DL today. Foley and Ormsby I think had 2 sacks each and even Luke finished one off instead of just barely missing. Britton, Joseph, Brayden, Diggs, and Terry all had impressive tackles near the LOS un run plays.

It looks like it's starting to come together in spite of today's ending.

Not saying much given his play, but I thought Summers played his best game of the season thus far.

Reaction Score
He's not the same player he was, but did he come up huge on the final play.

Reaction Score
to be fair, the staff thought Pindell should start at one point, too. Next years QB battle will be very strong with Pindell, Washington, Krajewski and McAfee.
To be fair. Most of the comments like this were made before Pindell was on the roster.

Reaction Score
On Tulsa's last drive seeing two players get behind our defenders, Summers and Coyle, setting up the last play was just mind boggling. Giving up the short throw was not a problem there, giving up chunks and with the second to last play a better throw might have been a score.Head bang Should not have come down to that as Bryant said. Offense in the 4th Q not being able to run the ball and going 3 and out, after not getting a TD earlier at first and goal from a yard out set up a nerve wracking ending. Offense has to be able to put more points up. Nice to get this win though. Sets up next week as a big game for us and that did not look to be the case 3 weeks ago.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

I'm a few beers in. I read that as McEntee and looked around my living room, assessed space and time, made several powerful arguments for Scott McCummings, and then reread your post.

Imagine my disappointment in realizing the 5-7 2011 UConn Huskies are only nostalgia!

Reaction Score
Summers almost cost us the game. How you let a guy get behind you with a minute left is inexcusable

You could also argue that he won us the game with his coverage on the final play.

Reaction Score
Shirreffs was very good today. He is a tough kid and brings leadership. The D was terrific until 4th quarter. We became less aggressive and didn’t blitz as much. If you send 4 on rush in 3-3-5 is that blitzing?
NC State pegged him as a FB so that’s obviously where he should play. Our coaches know nothing.

He was only among the 12th best QB in CFB on Pass Rating at 163...very disappointing. We need to find some talent.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We should have buried Tulsa in the first half, and then the defense fell apart at the end. Whatever. We really needed the win yesterday given the rest of our schedule, so I am not going to complain about anything that happened. I will take a win any way we can get it.

Reaction Score
On Tulsa's last drive seeing two players get behind our defenders, Summers and Coyle, setting up the last play was just mind boggling. Giving up the short throw was not a problem there, giving up chunks and with the second to last play a better throw might have been a score.Head bang Should not have come down to that as Bryant said. Offense in the 4th Q not being able to run the ball and going 3 and out, after not getting a TD earlier at first and goal from a yard out set up a nerve wracking ending. Offense has to be able to put more points up. Nice to get this win though. Sets up next week as a big game for us and that did not look to be the case 3 weeks ago.

The fact that this is being said after a game where we scored 20 tells you a lot about the 2017 vs 2016 seasons.

Reaction Score
Overall I agree it was as well as he has played as a Husky.

Sherriff went to secondary receivers yesterday. Great, I just wish it didn't take him five years to do it. And I'm sure Edsall was also pleased he didn't put the ball in danger very often. Great to have a no INT game. His throw to a wide open Davis that would have made it 24-0 was bad. Right into the dirt. Still, it was a very good performance especially since we provided no running game to help him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom