Bryant Sheriff's best game ever, and the D was better | The Boneyard

Bryant Sheriff's best game ever, and the D was better

Reaction Score
He better play as well as he did today vs Missouri next week.

MIZZ beat Idaho today 68-21. Gulp. :eek:

Reaction Score
D played decently until Tulsa flipped into full time hurry-up passing mode. Then the wheels came off. DBs still not looking and finding passes in the air. But, there is improvement. Got to be happy with this one once the chest pains stop.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
3.5 quarters the D looked like it had some swagger and they were having fun. Good to see.

End was an abomination.

Earlier this year, we wouldn’t have been able to overcome those types of mistakes. Enough progress has been made though that they could still pull it off... now we need to learn to finish!!

Reaction Score
They played great for 55 minutes. Don't know what the hell has happened to Summers. Kid has regressed a ton, maybe he's nicked up.

Got great pressure from the DL today. Foley and Ormsby I think had 2 sacks each and even Luke finished one off instead of just barely missing. Britton, Joseph, Brayden, Diggs, and Terry all had impressive tackles near the LOS un run plays.

It looks like it's starting to come together in spite of today's ending.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
At risk of sounding ridiculous, we are just so much better as a football team than the way we were when Diaco left us. Just so much better in so many ways.

As the season gets deeper and the freshmen turn into almost-sophomores, we're going to really make some noise. USF may end up regretting the rescheduled game after all... ;)

Reaction Score
If there is a tougher QB in CFB I'd like to meet him.

BS not only can take a hit, he can bounce up and have a career game.

It's obvious now he has talent we never saw.

Thank you AD Dave. Like the commercial used to say. "Great Pick"

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Can we talk about the flea flicker that ended up the game winner? How many times have we seen BS sail the wide open receiver on that play? Perfect pass today. I’m sure there’s probably people here who will say he threw it to the wrong shoulder and got lucky.

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone is unhappy giving up only 14 pats which is phenomenal improvement imo. It’s the way we gave up those points at the end of the game.
Baby steps....Crocker is starting to dial up pressures and they still need to learn how to finish games. But the veterans are leading and the young guys are starting to follow and play with confidence. Would you prefer.....

"I mean, I just got here ... A lot of new players are playing," Diaco said. "We are just getting started with our unit, we are getting started with our culture which has been under spectacular amount of strain and attack, but we're just getting started..."

Reaction Score
They played great for 55 minutes. Don't know what the hell has happened to Summers. Kid has regressed a ton, maybe he's nicked up.

Got great pressure from the DL today. Foley and Ormsby I think had 2 sacks each and even Luke finished one off instead of just barely missing. Britton, Joseph, Brayden, Diggs, and Terry all had impressive tackles near the LOS un run plays.

It looks like it's starting to come together in spite of today's ending.

When he was allowed to play more aggressively, he was a star in the making. In more passive schemes, he is mediocre.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
At risk of sounding ridiculous, we are just so much better as a football team than the way we were when Diaco left us. Just so much better in so many ways.

As the season gets deeper and the freshmen turn into almost-sophomores, we're going to really make some noise. USF may end up regretting the rescheduled game after all... ;)

That is the least ridiculous thing I've seen here. We are 1000% better than the team that ended last season. Thank goodness for those 3 blowout losses last year.

Reaction Score
I thought for sure he was gonna get 400 yards passing today until we started that run the ball / run the clock garbage at the end of the game! BS was throwing darts for a while today! I would still like to see some more arc on his passes and taking a little heat off the throw. I think he would be more accurate on his longer passes if he did. He definitely has not been overthrowing his receivers as much as he has traditionally so I'll take the improvement all day!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Better, much better but there were some very big holes that Tulsa failed to exploit.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
On the series in the 1st half when UConn got inside the red zone and then had the personal foul on Rutherford followed by another penalty, Shirreffs gave up on the series. He threw a pass to the ankles on 1st play after the two penalties and had two more indifferent plays. Lashlee gave him an earful. After that Shirreffs was great.

Defense has to learn how to finish games. On that last drive twice WR's for Tulsa got five yards behind UConn's DB's.

Diggs and Joseph were huge today.

Kicking game- punting, FG's and kickoffs were great.

Reaction Score
Shirreffs was very good today. He is a tough kid and brings leadership. The D was terrific until 4th quarter. We became less aggressive and didn’t blitz as much. If you send 4 on rush in 3-3-5 is that blitzing?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I always felt one of BS' weak spots was the short pass to a receiver on the run. But the last couple of games he's been pretty much dead-on with some nice results.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Baby steps....Crocker is starting to dial up pressures and they still need to learn how to finish games. But the veterans are leading and the young guys are starting to follow and play with confidence. Would you prefer.....

"I mean, I just got here ... A lot of new players are playing," Diaco said. "We are just getting started with our unit, we are getting started with our culture which has been under spectacular amount of strain and attack, but we're just getting started..."

Imagine what he must be like when he's getting ready to have sex.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom