Bronny | The Boneyard

Bronny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't understand the hype outside of the name. Sold out debut. Questions about his health. Probably the 4th best guard on his team. Team not even ranked. More than likely on minutes restriction. Getting more hype than Collier..... crazy

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think most serious basketball fans/watchers do not care. We understand he’s not the type of player worth talking about for basketball reasons (yet).

It’s the social media, casual, and NBA only fans that are driving the interest because of his name. That’ll die out when they realize he’ll play somewhere in range of 5-10 minutes backing up 3 good and established college guards this season. Especially when they realize he’s closer to Jayden Ross than Stephon Castle.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't understand the hype outside of the name. Sold out debut. Questions about his health. Probably the 4th best guard on his team. Team not even ranked. More than likely on minutes restriction. Getting more hype than Collier..... crazy

And yet here you are on a UConn message board starting a thread about it.

And I'll be damned if I'm not spending a minute responding to it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think most serious basketball fans/watchers do not care. We understand he’s not the type of player worth talking about for basketball reasons (yet).

It’s the social media, casual, and NBA only fans that are driving the interest because of his name. That’ll die out when they realize he’ll play somewhere in range of 5-10 minutes backing up 3 good and established college guards this season. Especially when they realize he’s closer to Jayden Ross than Stephon Castle.
I actually hope he does well. I've never seen him act arrogant because of who his father is and every time I watched him play he played hard and is not a me first type of kid.

Take away the name and he's still around a top-50 player from what I've read from scouting services. He's never been a dynamic scorer but he supposedly plays hard, is good at defense and can be effective on the court without the ball in his hand.

I wish him no ill will. Like many before him, his name got his foot in the door rather easily. The rest is up to him.

Poe

Reaction Score
The name is also setting him for failure with the unreal expectations. He’ll never be half as good as his dad.

Reaction Score

Watched maybe 6 of his hs games
Probably closer to 6/1 than 6/3

Has decent athleticism decent shooter and his feel for the game is his strength in short a nice player
With potential to Be a decent high major player
Imho his ceiling not very high as at 6-1 to 6-2
Without major athleticism and an already developed skill set I don’t see how he improves
Significantly
Like others have said, he seems like a very nice young man plays the game the right way and perhaps might take his game is wrong

Reaction Score

Why are you surprised? His father is in contention for the best player to touch a basketball in the last 130 years. Of course he's hyped up in unrealistic ways.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Take away the name and he's still around a top-50 player from what I've read from scouting services. He's never been a dynamic scorer but he supposedly plays hard, is good at defense and can be effective on the court without the ball in his hand.

I wish him no ill will. Like many before him, his name got his foot in the door rather easily. The rest is up to him.
The hope is he can develop into a Bruce Brown type.

Truth is, with the way Dan develops players & our emphasis on unselfish two-way play (Bronny’s strengths), he’d actually be a perfect fit here.

Reaction Score
I definitely agree with "it's because he's Lebron's son". There's no denying that. But the children of other superstars in basketball and in other sports never got close to this level of attention. Jordan's sons never got this attention. The Mannings never did.

Being in a social media era I imagine contributes heavily to the hype and exposure....along with who Bronny is. He's a 4 star prospect getting similar hype to what his father had coming out of high school. I'm not saying similar talent....just similar hype.

Reaction Score
I definitely agree with "it's because he's Lebron's son". There's no denying that. But the children of other superstars in basketball and in other sports never got close to this level of attention. Jordan's sons never got this attention. The Mannings never did.

Being in a social media era I imagine contributes heavily to the hype and exposure....along with who Bronny is. He's a 4 star prospect getting similar hype to what his father had coming out of high school. I'm not saying similar talent....just similar hype.

Jordan's son wasn't a 4* player with a successful HS career.

Reaction Score

I thought this as well until I saw him in the MCDAA game. He looked like he belonged. I think the opposite of what you’re describing is happening here. Because he’s LeBron’s son people are writing him off and assuming he’s where he is because of his name. Being the child of LeBron is part of the reason he’s where he is, but not for the reasons you think. He’s been trained by the best of the best since he been in middle school. That’s the privilege he received

Reaction Score

It's not even close, not anywhere near that. We haven't seen a high school/college athlete get that since, not Zion his freshman year at Duke or Wemby and certainly not Bronny.

Reaction Score
Good points.... but I think his recruit ranking has more to do with the name and not the talent. You throw in the health issue, a heart condition at that, and it makes it interesting to hear and see this hype. Hopefully it's not as serious as Akok's health issues.

Reaction Score
The hope is he can develop into a Bruce Brown type.

Truth is, with the way Dan develops players & our emphasis on unselfish two-way play (Bronny’s strengths), he’d actually be a perfect fit here.

Hopefully not he doesn’t develop with the same baby momma as Bruce Brown

Reaction Score
The name is also setting him for failure with the unreal expectations. He’ll never be half as good as his dad.
Eh I don’t think so. His dad is arguably the greatest athlete of all time, no one is expecting him to be that great. I think people are pretty realistic about what kind of player Bronny is/can be. Also Bryce will probably be better.

Reaction Score
The ticket prices and sold out arena have more to do with LeBron stating he’ll be there for his debut and the celebs that tend to follow him….
Good kid. Has handled spotlight well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01