Bronny | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bronny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll be honest, I'm no LeBron fan (tremendous respect for his game but nobody is topping MJ and Kobe for me) but Bronny looks good. He can play and compete at this level and likely make it to the next level. High level athlete, a bit undersized for the position but like his dad he has a high bball IQ. Certainly won't be an NBA all star but he has the talent to make the next step. Don't forget what this kid went through recently with his health, he's still working back to where he was pre-condition. I'm certainly rooting for his success.
I haven't seen anyone give Bronny hate, some just think it's ridiculous there's articles written about him being a top 10 pick in June. Apparently thinking and or commenting on the hype being undeserved is dropping a deuce on him and it makes you a small, pathetic person.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I wasn't on him. I posed a statement about the hype. It's funny how people will change the narrative of the post. But okay.....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I haven't seen anyone give Bronny hate, some just think it's ridiculous there's articles written about him being a top 10 pick in June. Apparently thinking and or commenting on the hype being undeserved is dropping a deuce on him and it makes you a small, pathetic person.
The draft is historically weak, he has a ton of name value that could potentially bring LeBron to wherever he is drafted, and he has a lot of intangibles that would have/could project a long NBA career.

The heart issue certainly changed that, but he was playing extremely well the last year plus to warrant some stuff.

Reaction Score
he's averaging 25 ppg on 50/40/75 splits. you don't think a win-now team would use a mid-20's pick on bronny if they were guaranteed to get lebron on something close to a minimum?
I think it’s more likely the Lakers just draft him. I don’t see a team actually doing that unless bronny is a worthy draft pick(which he might be). But in that scenario it wouldn’t be for a year of LeBron. Thats incredibly short sighted

Reaction Score
If his name wasn’t Bronny James no one would even take a double look at a MCDAA being a projected lottery pick. Was it WAY too early? Sure. But it was WAY too early for Steph Castle as well. It’s a stupid projection for 98% of HS kids. Remember when Malik Newman was a projected lotto pick out of HS? Where the hell is he? People only care to scrutinize it because of his name.

Reaction Score
I think it’s more likely the Lakers just draft him. I don’t see a team actually doing that unless bronny is a worthy draft pick(which he might be). But in that scenario it wouldn’t be for a year of LeBron. Thats incredibly short sighted

If I'm a betting man, the Lakers either draft him in the 2nd round or as a free agent. Let him get his minutes in the G-League but bring him up to play with his dad a few times and make history. The branding an publicity would be enough to off-set however much you pay the kid.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
If I'm a betting man, the Lakers either draft him in the 2nd round or as a free agent. Let him get his minutes in the G-League but bring him up to play with his dad a few times and make history. The branding an publicity would be enough to off-set however much you pay the kid.
I agree with this. Funny thing is I needed Google just now to remind myself what college team he's playing for. So I'd contest comments earlier in the thread claiming he's gotten as much hype as his dad did coming out of high school.

Reaction Score
It's not even close, not anywhere near that. We haven't seen a high school/college athlete get that since, not Zion his freshman year at Duke or Wemby and certainly not Bronny.
The hype is not even close to LeBron- have no idea what some of these posters are talking about. I played HS/College basketball & graduated high school the same year as LeBron & each of his high school games was an event & must see tv on ESPN. As a high school team we use to watch each of his high school games that were on ESPN. Bronny’s first college game wasn’t even on a network anyone gets lol.

Reaction Score
The hype is not even close to LeBron- have no idea what some of these posters are talking about. I played HS/College basketball & graduated high school the same year as LeBron & each of his high school games was an event & must see tv on ESPN. As a high school team we use to watch each of his high school games that were on ESPN. Bronny’s first college game wasn’t even on a network anyone gets lol.
Fair point.... maybe it's not the same hype but when we're seeing stuff like this from journalist and X, it's like.... really? Even if it's true it sounds hyped up.

2024 NBA Mock Draft: USC's Isaiah Collier goes No. 1 to Trail Blazers in first projection with season underway

Reaction Score
It's also the only reason you know who he is.
And this is the dismissing of the kids actual talent that is corny. He was a MCDAA and was one of the stand out performers during the actual game. I’d know who he is because he’s good

Reaction Score
Bait
0c169f68-8c60-4c62-afc4-16658a239041_text.gif
Muppet

Reaction Score
And this is the dismissing of the kids actual talent that is corny. He was a MCDAA and was one of the stand out performers during the actual game. I’d know who he is because he’s good
Lolz, don't be daft. You would have no clue who he was before college if he wasn't Lebron's kid and he wouldn't have been a McD's all-American.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom