Bronny is actually what we need | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bronny is actually what we need

Reaction Score
Bronny is not coming to UConn and he shouldn’t come to UConn but the fact that you’re even asking #4 means you have no awareness of the kid, what kind of player he is, and the attitude he’s shown so far in college. Because the answer to #4 is a resounding “yes.” You don’t need to take unfounded shots at a kid just because you have some bizarre obsession with hating his dad.

The original post was cringeworthy but there’s very few barriers to entry on this board so it comes with the territory.
Ha. No barriers to entry but we have our guardrails in place:
Safe to say that after this beat down the OP will take a bit of a hiatus. We have a knack of collectively making a poster wish there weren't a time limit to cancel a thread.

Reaction Score
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I just don’t think he’d be good enough to get minutes here. If his name was Robert Smith he wouldn’t be on anyone’s radar.

Reaction Score
I think they’ve already turned the corner in this respect. After the conference tournaments this year is the first time UConn has ever really been talked about as being the premier program in college basketball IN SEASON. Even when Huskies fans could see it coming like in ‘99, for the people who just watch ESPN, they kind of came out of nowhere and then after the championship game, the media and fans move on to other sports.

I see it kind of like how Clemson quietly won two national championships over Alabama but it wasn’t until that following season where they returned Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne and went into the season as a favorite where they were consistently talked about as the juggernaut they had already become. I know UConn isn’t bringing back those level players but they’re two time defending champs and Danny Hurley has kind of become the face of college basketball, so I expect a similar result in terms of national media coverage and perception

Reaction Score
Ha. No barriers to entry but we have our guardrails in place:
Safe to say that after this beat down the OP will take a bit of a hiatus. We have a knack of collectively making a poster wish there weren't a time limit to cancel a thread.
well.. i think about uconn recuits on saturday night 140 am. I deserve a thumbs up for my work ethic :)

Reaction Score
Bronny is not coming to UConn and he shouldn’t come to UConn but the fact that you’re even asking #4 means you have no awareness of the kid, what kind of player he is, and the attitude he’s shown so far in college. Because the answer to #4 is a resounding “yes.” You don’t need to take unfounded shots at a kid just because you have some bizarre obsession with hating his dad.

The original post was cringeworthy but there’s very few barriers to entry on this board so it comes with the territory.

I actually think Bronny will be really successful of he moves down a loevel. Reminds me a bit of Brendan Adams.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Uconn is what Bronny needs, but Bronny isn’t what Uconn will even look at anymore. 4 years ago Danny would have.

Reaction Score
Let’s be honest, in terms of program success, especially the past 25 years, we are the best by a big margin. Men and women both the best In country. What an achievement.

But, we don’t have that much advertisement or attention compare to programs like duke, UK, unc, etc. I know people say it’s bs and natty is all we care, but I think bit different. Yes titles matter but if we can’t ‘monetize’ it that would be really sad. Imagine this, now we obviously get attention and that’s fading away. Next year if duke get one with cooper, what that will look like? People will forget UConn fast

I think media action is part of the play, and that’s why I think Bronny will contribute the most. It’s the sad truth for bronny and I feel like a bad guy saying it. Plus, I do think he is a good kid, putting effort pursuing basketball dream. If I got a rich dad I probably wouldn’t even worry about anything. He actually picked a hard path cuz it’s easy for people to criticize him as he will be compared with his father, and people naturally think he is not worthy. I fully respect his effort and courage. And I love to see he come over and become better
I think Dan knows that and the potential power play bron may possibly make. He could be Dan and UConn’s greatest asset since ray and rip and superstar since Kobe(potentially) and rival ANY of our NIL partners, OR he could be the greatest thorn in Dan and UConn’s side with his massive media and financial power.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The media likes to create stories and for many that will mean controversy. He is a kid like all the other kids we take an interest in. Wish it could just be that way for him. It just won't be. Even in the unlikely event his father became completely invisible at the team level and media level with respect to his son, the media will not. Especially with a back to back National Championship team. Just way too much of a distraction to the team and culture and a creation of more problems than benefit to this team. I wish him a complete recovery and to hopefully seeing him one day in the league doing great things.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The "take" that a university should recruit an athlete for the notoriety, the idea being to monetize the notoriety, seemed at first a bit curious to me. But I consulted Cardinal Newman's "Idea of a University" and , whaddya know, there it was.
Reference please.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Let’s be honest, in terms of program success, especially the past 25 years, we are the best by a big margin. Men and women both the best In country. What an achievement.

But, we don’t have that much advertisement or attention compare to programs like duke, UK, unc, etc. I know people say it’s bs and natty is all we care, but I think bit different. Yes titles matter but if we can’t ‘monetize’ it that would be really sad. Imagine this, now we obviously get attention and that’s fading away. Next year if duke get one with cooper, what that will look like? People will forget UConn fast

I think media action is part of the play, and that’s why I think Bronny will contribute the most. It’s the sad truth for bronny and I feel like a bad guy saying it. Plus, I do think he is a good kid, putting effort pursuing basketball dream. If I got a rich dad I probably wouldn’t even worry about anything. He actually picked a hard path cuz it’s easy for people to criticize him as he will be compared with his father, and people naturally think he is not worthy. I fully respect his effort and courage. And I love to see he come over and become better

1714990368050.gif

Reaction Score
The media likes to create stories and for many that will mean controversy. He is a kid like all the other kids we take an interest in. Wish it could just be that way for him. It just won't be. Even in the unlikely event his father became completely invisible at the team level and media level with respect to his son, the media will not. Especially with a back to back National Championship team. Just way too much of a distraction to the team and culture and a creation of more problems than benefit to this team. I wish him a complete recovery and to hopefully seeing him one day in the league doing great things.
As far as celebrity presence, we do have Luke Murray's father at the games, and that has to help. He gets camera shots and name recognition, and doesn't add outsized drama with it. :)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As far as celebrity presence, we do have Luke Murray's father at the games, and that has to help. He gets camera shots and name recognition, and doesn't add outsized drama with it. :)
Don’t forget the mojo he created for five. Interesting how much drop off in media play Bill got this year over last year.

After all we’ve seen the past two years I would not worry whether our coaching staff could handle the distraction a person like Bronny would bring. Particularly after observing how they kept the team laser focused this season.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I don’t know, LeBron might try to get in the layup line and do highlight reel dunks while our guys are trying to warm up before games like he did when Bronny was in h.s.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I don't see it as a fit for the roster...however, people just dismissing him might be a little hasty. The kid can shoot. He is a solid player coming back from a serious heart thing. Before Mahaney committed if he wanted to come here and was planning on buying in and being agreeable to earning his PT then I'd have given him a shot. At this point there aren't minutes for him.

Reaction Score

If UCONN is seeking media attention hire Taylor Swift in some capacity.

If UCONN is about basketball and winning (and it is) have players on the team for basketball reasons, not media attention,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom