Bronny is actually what we need | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bronny is actually what we need

Reaction Score
Here’s my prediction. Bronny is gonna enter the draft go undrafted sign a 2 way deal with the Lakers and Lebron will have a farewell tour.
Or more likely, Cleveland signs Bronny who'll never play, just to lure LeBron there. LeBron and Bronny play last game of LeBron's career together.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Seek professional help. Just for kicks lets analyze this as if it were remotely beneficial to UConn.

1. Violates Hurley's no parent drama rule. LeBron is a serial coach killer and culture vampire.
2. Is there any evidence LeBron was a USC NIL booster?
3. Is the kid measurably better than anyone currently projected to be in the rotation?
4. Has he shown anything that would indicate he is a team first player and wouldn't have a problem with limited minutes?

I can't see why any top program would touch him with a 10-foot pole. He's needs to go somewhere that is looking for attention and is willing to feed him the ball for 35 minutes a game to show that he can be a draftable pro. His dad isn't going to be able to offer them as a package to some NBA team as he no longer commands that level of roster influence.

Reaction Score
Or more likely, Cleveland signs Bronny who'll never play, just to lure LeBron there. LeBron and Bronny play last game of LeBron's career together.
I can’t see that, Cleveland won’t be the same as the glitz and glamor of Hollywood on a fairwell tour, where ticket prices would only be for celebrities for the most part, it’s also better for Lebrons brand and why move your family from that area.

Reaction Score
Let’s be honest, in terms of program success, especially the past 25 years, we are the best by a big margin. Men and women both the best In country. What an achievement.

But, we don’t have that much advertisement or attention compare to programs like duke, UK, unc, etc. I know people say it’s bs and natty is all we care, but I think bit different. Yes titles matter but if we can’t ‘monetize’ it that would be really sad. Imagine this, now we obviously get attention and that’s fading away. Next year if duke get one with cooper, what that will look like? People will forget UConn fast

I think media action is part of the play, and that’s why I think Bronny will contribute the most. It’s the sad truth for bronny and I feel like a bad guy saying it. Plus, I do think he is a good kid, putting effort pursuing basketball dream. If I got a rich dad I probably wouldn’t even worry about anything. He actually picked a hard path cuz it’s easy for people to criticize him as he will be compared with his father, and people naturally think he is not worthy. I fully respect his effort and courage. And I love to see he come over and become better
1:41 am on a Saturday night, eh? I think we all can guess the reason for this post.

Big Ang Drinking GIF

Reaction Score
Seek professional help. Just for kicks lets analyze this as if it were remotely beneficial to UConn.

1. Violates Hurley's no parent drama rule. LeBron is a serial coach killer and culture vampire.
3. Is the kid measurably better than anyone currently projected to be in the rotation?
4. Has he shown anything that would indicate he is a team first player and wouldn't have a problem with limited minutes?

I can't see why any top program would touch him with a 10-foot pole. He's needs to go somewhere that is looking for attention and is willing to feed him the ball for 35 minutes a game to show that he can be a draftable pro. His dad isn't going to be able to offer them as a package to some NBA team as he no longer commands that level of roster influence.
Lot to unpack here but would love to better understand what a culture vampire is for my own sake

Reaction Score

Lmao, I don’t want Bronny but to question his team first player is asinine! One of his biggest knocks has been he is so unselfish.
I think his style of play would fit perfectly but this kid needs minutes and at best he would be the 7/8 player on the team next year. If he returns to college it’s almost certain he is gonna play for Lebrons buddy at Duquesne.

Reaction Score

Bronny is not coming to UConn and he shouldn’t come to UConn but the fact that you’re even asking #4 means you have no awareness of the kid, what kind of player he is, and the attitude he’s shown so far in college. Because the answer to #4 is a resounding “yes.” You don’t need to take unfounded shots at a kid just because you have some bizarre obsession with hating his dad.

The original post was cringeworthy but there’s very few barriers to entry on this board so it comes with the territory.

Reaction Score
Lot to unpack here but would love to better understand what a culture vampire is for my own sake
Look at the history of coaches he has gotten fired over the years. Dude changes teams more often than most people change per diem work. Culture vampire means his teams are never better long term because he was there. All historically accurate.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Let’s be honest, in terms of program success, especially the past 25 years, we are the best by a big margin. Men and women both the best In country. What an achievement.

But, we don’t have that much advertisement or attention compare to programs like duke, UK, unc, etc. I know people say it’s bs and natty is all we care, but I think bit different. Yes titles matter but if we can’t ‘monetize’ it that would be really sad. Imagine this, now we obviously get attention and that’s fading away. Next year if duke get one with cooper, what that will look like? People will forget UConn fast

I think media action is part of the play, and that’s why I think Bronny will contribute the most. It’s the sad truth for bronny and I feel like a bad guy saying it. Plus, I do think he is a good kid, putting effort pursuing basketball dream. If I got a rich dad I probably wouldn’t even worry about anything. He actually picked a hard path cuz it’s easy for people to criticize him as he will be compared with his father, and people naturally think he is not worthy. I fully respect his effort and courage. And I love to see he come over and become better

New account. Hi Lebron

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It’s going to be a long hot summer on the board. If these types post are annoying you, what I would suggest is that you wait for the following as only then will there be legitimate things related to UConn BB to discuss/post.

1) Karaban’s decision is first
2) If Karaban leaves what/who will we go after in the portal
3) If Karaban stays does Hurley decide to fill the last scholarship.
4) Mid June to September on whatever is leaked to the general fans on who is doing what in practices and scrimmages.
5) Leave this blank as I may have missed another significant occurrence. Feel free to add what was missed.

Other than that we are just passing time.

Reaction Score
Lebron this subject is more suited to be in an email to Hurley. Its important that you wait for a reply before posting again.

Reaction Score
The lack of media attention and "disrespect" are exactly what Danny Hurley wants. Did you see how hard he was working to keep the players' ears filled with "disrespect" during the NCAA tournament? Finding any fault for weaker and weaker things to the point he was laughing about what he was telling his players.

Our coach is an adherent of Nick Saban. Drown out the rat poison - fill their ears with disrespect.

Complacent players lose to George Mason. Those that think they are disrespected beat "loaded" Duke and Kentucky teams.

And UConn went three-for-three in recruiting this spring. The word is out that UConn is a great place to play for Hurley-type players.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score

HELL NO! I wouldn’t want his father anywhere near UConn.

Reaction Score

If Hurley thinks James makes us more likely to win, we’d have reached out. My overwhelming reason for rooting for a team is to watch them win games, league championships and national titles. It is a free country, and if on your list is how the media discusses us more power to you.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
James seems like a good kid. He’s also a good basketball player - he’d be fine here. He’d be fine at a lot of places.

But I think the original premise is silly. Who got more press this season? UConn or USC?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Respect increased in the wake of #5. Marginally, but still the needle moving in the right direction.
Example... CF was very public about narrowing it down to a choice between us and Duke. He chose wrong, but that's not the point. We'd never have been in the conversation prior to last year.
We're only a month into wearing our 2nd consecutive crown, and it's taking a larger jump. I don't think we need the dog & pony show that bringing bronny in would amount to. What we need is to win #7, then see where public perception of our program goes.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If I'm DH, and my rep is building great teams by running ridiculously difficult practices, do I want my legacy to be an HoF coach with multiple championships, or the guy that killed the son of the most famous athlete in the US?

Reaction Score
Stop the Madness!! I doubt he’d accept being the equipment manager… that family would absolutely destroy our basketball culture.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom