Brodie | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brodie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's 2:50 pm....does Brodies parents know where their child is........
going to college?

Reaction Score
Yuri Wright commited to Colorado today. Rutty had hoped to hit pay dirt bu signing Brodie, Wright, Darius Hamilton, and Devin Fuller. Fuller spent weekend at Arizona listening to Rich Tod pitch to him how he will be the next Pat White. Hamilton is down to Rutty and Florida. Rutty fans were basically calling the commitments of these 4 a done deal. This should give us some hope that Brodie will announce tomorrow he will sign with UConn.

Reaction Score
Yuri Wright commited to Colorado today. Rutty had hoped to hit pay dirt bu signing Brodie, Wright, Darius Hamilton, and Devin Fuller. Fuller spent weekend at Arizona listening to Rich Tod pitch to him how he will be the next Pat White. Hamilton is down to Rutty and Florida. Rutty fans were basically calling the commitments of these 4 a done deal. This should give us some hope that Brodie will announce tomorrow he will sign with UConn.

I think fuller ends up in Arizona too. hamilton and brodie will commit to rutgers.

Reaction Score
The commit of Denman, the 4 star OT, was not a surprise to Brodie. An article on the Rutgers rivals site indicates that Brodie's visit included hanging out with both Denman and Muller (their other 4-star OT commit). A very positive Rutgers leaning article, but what more could you expect from the Rutgers site. Brodie's father seemed to just love the whole experience.

If he is looking for the earliest chance at PT then UConn is his ticket, but there just seems to be that draw that Shiano has for NJ kids to stay at Rutgers.

Reaction Score
I think fuller ends up in Arizona too. hamilton and brodie will commit to rutgers.
I have seen some quotes from Hamilton about Florida and specifically SEC competition that make me think he may be a Fla lean. I can see his father saying that to him too. As far as Brodie if he choses Rutgers it wouldn't surprise me...his former hs team mate at Long Branch HS is Miles Shuler. Either way Schiano has proven he can recruit but SUCKS at the x's and o's.

Reaction Score
I have seen some quotes from Hamilton about Florida and specifically SEC competition that make me think he may be a Fla lean. I can see his father saying that to him too. As far as Brodie if he choses Rutgers it wouldn't surprise me...his former hs team mate at Long Branch HS is Miles Shuler. Either way Schiano has proven he can recruit but SUCKS at the x's and o's.

when he cancelled his visit to FL, that pretty much said it all.

Reaction Score
when he cancelled his visit to FL, that pretty much said it all.
When Schiano got the Rutgers job he wanted to seal off the borders of NJ and keep as many NJ kids home as he could. He looks like he js close to doung that with ladt years class and this class...hiring Jeff Hafley seems to be the key. But how much longer until the recruiting victories not turning into wins on the field cost him his job. He makes an AWFUL lot of money for the product he puts on the field. Schiano has made comments about UConn making SERIOUS in roads into NJ lately. It will be interesting to see how we make out in 13 & 14. If PSU doesn't offer Schwan I think he signs with us. I also think Morgan does too.

Reaction Score
When Schiano got the Rutgers job he wanted to seal off the borders of NJ and keep as many NJ kids home as he could. He looks like he js close to doung that with ladt years class and this class...hiring Jeff Hafley seems to be the key. But how much longer until the recruiting victories not turning into wins on the field cost him his job. He makes an AWFUL lot of money for the product he puts on the field. Schiano has made comments about UConn making SERIOUS in roads into NJ lately. It will be interesting to see how we make out in 13 & 14. If PSU doesn't offer Schwan I think he signs with us. I also think Morgan does too.

God I hope you're right. That adds a lot of depth and ability at two positions of need going into 13.

Reaction Score

maybe we're all just pessimistic from years of losing these types of recruiting battles. maybe P will surprise us and pull a rabbit or two out of his hat

Reaction Score

Curious to read any of the comments you're referring to. Thanks.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He committed to Rutgers 44 seconds ago. Updates coming through on Twitter.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i heard when he commited that he fumbled his hat trying to put it on.

Reaction Score
i heard when he commited that he fumbled his hat trying to put it on.

Lol! He's a good kid, he really liked uconn and had a lot of nice things to say about our recruitment of him, including that early on uconn was the leader for his services, it's very hard for a jersey kid to not stay home sometimes. Coach P is on the right track and I see good things for this program.

Reaction Score
I would like to see uconn add a director of recruiting. While we have Cersosimo, who doubles as a WR coach and I'm sure the wr duties come first, we also have a recruiting asssistant in Dave Wilczewski.

Check out Rutgers's recruiting staff, http://www.scarletknights.com/football/coaches/staff-recruiting.asp

they even have a guy who manages 10 student workers and then they also have their recruiting bashes in NYC as I detailed a month ago. They know how to put on a show and sell jersey very well, the funny thing is when you hear them talk about family. Every team is like a family, but you would think that Rutgers is the only school to treat players like a famliy, amazing how they pull it off.

Reaction Score
I would like to see uconn add a director of recruiting. While we have Cersosimo, who doubles as a WR coach and I'm sure the wr duties come first, we also have a recruiting asssistant in Dave Wilczewski.

Check out Rutgers's recruiting staff, http://www.scarletknights.com/football/coaches/staff-recruiting.asp

they even have a guy who manages 10 student workers and then they also have their recruiting bashes in NYC as I detailed a month ago. They know how to put on a show and sell jersey very well, the funny thing is when you hear them talk about family. Every team is like a family, but you would think that Rutgers is the only school to treat players like a famliy, amazing how they pull it off.

Yes..but having a staff for recruiting alone...costs money. If I recall, the Rutgers athletic department has a big spending problem. I may be off somewhat here, but I believe they spend far more than most other universities and typically operate with a deficit. So it's not a surprise to hear how well they entertain the recruits when they visit. I'm only surprised that there doesn't seem to be a limit on how much you can spend on a recruit when they throw these weekend bashes. It's even more interesting when you consider that RU is a state school...and just happen to be in a state that is cutting way back on expenses in general, in order to reign in out of control costs. Do you think Chris Christie knows how much money RU spends on their football program?? lol

Reaction Score
Chris Christie is actually a supporter of how much $$$ Rutgers spends in football. He knows how much you need to spend to compete in BCS sports. By the way there was recently a report of how much $$$ schools spend on recruiting and RU was middle of the pack. (sorry I don't know how to link articles)

Reaction Score
University of New Jersey finances are disaster. You're not fooling anyone. Rutgers, more than any other big east school, is banking heavily on the next television contract, mostly to make up for existing debt service, never mind any sort of profit, rutgers ranks among the top 10 operating expense losers among athletic departments in the country. The bubble is eventually going to break, even with a majorly improved broadcasting contract.

The fact that it's a state university, and can't really go under, is the only thing that will really keep it afloat.

At University of Connecticut, actually BEING a financially stable university with growth potential and continuing upgrades in academic facilities and academic programs, with a stable and continually upgrading athletic department, and you know, actual championship athletic programs, is actually more important, than well - having the appearance, and building a facade to look like that's what you're trying to do.

Reaction Score
University of New Jersey finances are disaster. You're not fooling anyone. Rutgers, more than any other big east school, is banking heavily on the next television contract, mostly to make up for existing debt service, never mind any sort of profit, rutgers ranks among the top 10 operating expense losers among athletic departments in the country. The bubble is eventually going to break, even with a majorly improved broadcasting contract.

The fact that it's a state university, and can't really go under, is the only thing that will really keep it afloat.

At University of Connecticut, actually BEING a financially stable university with growth potential and continuing upgrades in academic facilities and academic programs, with a stable and continually upgrading athletic department, and you know, actual championship athletic programs, is actually more important, than well - having the appearance, and building a facade to look like that's what you're trying to do.

I like this response... Well thought out and clear. Gives me a different perspective. One a kinda lost sight of. It's easy to focus on the glits and glam of recruiting. UCONN has indeed done this stuff and the product they put out on the field ain't too shabby..

U

UConn9604

Did anyone notice the army of kids in black warmups on the sidelines at The Rent this fall (ahem, when we kicked the crap out of Rutgers)? I think they stretched from the 30 to the goal line on the scoreboard end of the field.

Were those recruits? Commits? If so, how did they afford to send all of those kids up to Connecticut for a road game, and was fitting them out in Rutgers warmups illegal?

Reaction Score
Chris Christie is actually a supporter of how much $$$ Rutgers spends in football. He knows how much you need to spend to compete in BCS sports. By the way there was recently a report of how much $$$ schools spend on recruiting and RU was middle of the pack. (sorry I don't know how to link articles)

Well if the events involved in the recruiting bash were anywhere close to being accurate, then it's amazing that RU would only be middle of the pack on recruiting expenditures. Assuming your info is right though, the real crux of the issue is the total cost of the athletic programs.

"Rutgers spent more money on athletics than any other public institution in the six biggest football conferences in the 2009-10 fiscal year." *

From 2005 to 2010, athletic spending grew from $38 million to $64 million, a 70 percent jump.**

The 10,000-person waiting list for season tickets vanished, and season-ticket sales are down 32 percent this year from their historic high in 2009.**

In 2008, the year before the expansion was complete, the university diverted $22 million in student fees and tuition money to keep the athletics department solvent. By 2010, that figure had risen 22 percent to $26.8 million, instead of falling as predicted, records show.**

This year, roughly 59 percent of the fans bought a ticket, down from 76 percent in 2009. And despite a liberal use of complimentary tickets, the team still played in front of thousands of empty seats this year, even though it went into its final home game with a chance to win its first Big East title. **

OUCH! So 41% of Rutgers football tickets were freebies this year?? A purposeful giveaway in order to attract a crowd. Yet RU's athletic dept. operating losses are among the TEN highest in the country! The article points out how RU has 42% of it's athletic budget paid for through non-athletic means, most of which are student fees and tuition! How can the RU ship get turned around??

* http://www.thedailyjournal.com/arti...-finding-pot-gold-football-program-pipe-dream

**http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/12/despite_success_on_the_field_b.html

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
they should do the bc groupon thing, heard its going great up there.

Reaction Score
Curious to read any of the comments you're referring to. Thanks.
I read an article linked to a tweet where Schiano was asked what schools he saw as a threat to make a significant impact on recruiting in Nj...he said rhat UConn was really coming on strong and making sime serious headway...particularly in Northern NJ.
That part of NJ has been a strong point for DeLeone recruiting wise.

U

UConn9604

Not sure if this was posted in the other RU threads, but Brodie's high school coach has said that he is reportedly reopening his recruiting process, and that we are back out in front.

U

UConn9604

Rutgers was in position to have perhaps its best recruiting class of the Schiano era. Just Wednesday it received a commitment from Ryan Brodie, the state’s top offensive lineman as ranked by The Star-Ledger and Rivals.com. Brodie is ranked as New Jersey’s No. 9 prospect overall by The Star-Ledger, No. 11 by Rivals.com and No. 15 by Scout.com.

"Blindsided is a pretty good word. No idea," said Dan George, Brodie's coach at Long Branch.

George said that Brodie has now re-opened his recruiting and that Connecticut, which was in his final two, is now up in front and that they will look at other schools as well.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/01/greg_schianos_departure_to_hav.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom