Brodie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brodie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
any 1 got anything on @quest_love23(byron brewer) or @GreggyB_ . twitter chat mentions uconn and mich st, seems like a joke but who knows. he talks to his buddy and both have #teamuconn in the profiles...could be nothing

also sounds like golden recommited to psu.

Reaction Score
Just saw in Brodie's Scout profile that Cersosimo is his lead recruiter. That doesn't give me too much hope of landing him. Along with being unimpressed with his coaching job with the wr's I am even LESS impressed (if that can be possible) with his job as recruiting co-ordinator and as a recruiter. Hopefully P sends him down the road!

any 1 got anything on @quest_love23(byron brewer) or @GreggyB_ . twitter chat mentions uconn and mich st, seems like a joke but who knows. he talks to his buddy and both have #teamuconn in the profiles...could be nothing

also sounds like golden recommited to psu.

Reaction Score
Scout.com is reporting that four star OL J.J. Denman just committed to Rutgers.....got to help our chances no?

Reaction Score
Scout.com is reporting that four star OL J.J. Denman just committed to Rutgers.....got to help our chances no?

He is higher rated than Brodie right?

I know Brodie is a 3*, but what is the huge craze for his services? is he really that much better than all the other guys already committed?

Reaction Score
He is higher rated than Brodie right?

I know Brodie is a 3*, but what is the huge craze for his services? is he really that much better than all the other guys already committed?

He would be considered a high 3* and his offer list is much more impressive than the typical 3*. Alabama tried making a late push.

And the Denman commitment won't affect Brodie.

Reaction Score
He would be considered a high 3* and his offer list is much more impressive than the typical 3*. Alabama tried making a late push.

And the Denman commitment won't affect Brodie.

Thanks for the answer! Why don't you think it would affect his decision?

Reaction Score
Correct, Denman doesn't affect Brodie, Rutgers has significantly upgraded their line.

Reaction Score
Idk if this latest development will make a huge difference. I think Brodie knows what he wants in a school and is willing to go there no matter what others do. He seems like a great pick-up and I think we would all be excited to have him here at UConn. I'm cautiously pessimistic....but I'm excited to challenge Rutgers in these recruiting battles. It says a lot for Northeast recruiting to see so many prospects and two emerging programs keeping these guys close to home.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
That is the second high rated tackle in this class by Rutgers so it might not affect him but it should.

This probably why UConn offered Levy from NJ

Reaction Score
RU now has 4 OL commits for this class. We have 3... 2 days til Brodie announces for.... (hoping UCONN)

Reaction Score
Thanks for the answer! Why don't you think it would affect his decision?

The reason the OL was such a disaster in 2010 (and continued to struggle with some improvement in the second half of this year) was due to very poor recruiting in the area from 2008-2010, so getting depth in this class (which also happens to have a lot of talent) was really important. Brodie has been a top target all along and he's not scared of competition, these kids are very tight and want to play together.

Reaction Score
There is no doubt the Denman commit to Rutgers will impact Brodie. that gives Rutgers 2 4-star OTs in this class, plus 2 interior linemen. UConn has three lenemen commits but all three are C/G. There are no OTs in the UConn class. This raises a couple of questions: 1) does Rutgers even want a 3rd OT 2) Does Brodie not take a late trip to Miami or other interested schools?

You see now why the Levy kid didn't commit during his visit. Brodie is still very much in play.

Reaction Score
Rutgers folks feel very confident about getting Brodie. The next ten days are setting up to be a great end to the recruiting season for RU.

Reaction Score
There is no doubt the Denman commit to Rutgers will impact Brodie. that gives Rutgers 2 4-star OTs in this class, plus 2 interior linemen. UConn has three lenemen commits but all three are C/G. There are no OTs in the UConn class. This raises a couple of questions: 1) does Rutgers even want a 3rd OT 2) Does Brodie not take a late trip to Miami or other interested schools?

You see now why the Levy kid didn't commit during his visit. Brodie is still very much in play.

By all reports, we took Zach Rugg as a Tackle. Doesn't mean we don't want/need another.

Reaction Score
does anyone know what time tomorrow Brodie is supposed to make his announcement?

Reaction Score
I get real excited when I see these kids put the pads on and play. Not so much at the press conference for an 18 year old.........

Reaction Score
Say what you want but Schiano can sell ice cubes to eskimos. Rutgers is putting together a nice class but.....is this really different than any other year? Oh how they love those recruiting titles in Piscataway.

Reaction Score
This will be by far Schiano's best class, at least by the star rankings. He is poised to close very strong.

Reaction Score
At this stage in the game, with a week to go before official signing day for NLI's, the pressure is on everybody, especially the kids that haven't committed anywhere yet. No kid wants to be left standing without a chair. There are fixed number of division 1 scholarships that can be awarded every year....120x85 (121 now w/ Umass?)

It's a dirty business for many, many programs out there that are in the top 25. A top notch player holds out to the last day, and some poor kid on the bottom end of the scale loses a scholly that he's been banking on for in many cases, well over a year. It happens, and it happens every year.

Randy Edsall didn't like that aspect of the business, but he did put it to use to help close on players when recruiting, his peak committing times came closer to NLI deadline than farther away. Nor do I like that part of the business. Nor does Pasqualoni. Remains to be seen how a situation like that gets handled by P here at UConn, because when you step up to the plate with the big fish, you'll run into it from time to time. My gut tells me that we're not going to get involved with the games that the LSU, Auburns, Ohio States, Penn States, etc of the world get into with having way more players counting on scholarships than they can give out on a yearly basis, and leaving players hanging in the wind with late comers coming in.

All you have in this business is your reputation and your word, and football scholarships at UConn are not things that will be tossed around haphazardly and carelessly. Not in the past, not now.

Reaction Score
I get real excited when I see these kids put the pads on and play. Not so much at the press conference for an 18 year old.........

can't get excited about them putting on pads until they commit at the press conference.....gotta get excited about the entire process

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
The kid probably isn't calling a presser and inviting local reporters to announce a UConn-over-Rutgers signing. I'd love for him to prove my gut wrong, but I honestly don't see him choosing us right now...

Reaction Score
The kid probably isn't calling a presser and inviting local reporters to announce a UConn-over-Rutgers signing. I'd love for him to prove my gut wrong, but I honestly don't see him choosing us right now...

Yep. I'll gladly eat a big plate of crow in 26 hours, but I don't see this happening either. This is Giacone all over again.

Reaction Score
epark and Jimmy S you are probably right... He'd probably get tarred and feathered choosing UCONN over RU... but I sure would love it if it turns out that he could care less about what people feel and went with UCONN if that's really where his heart is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom