Brodie | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Brodie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did anyone notice the army of kids in black warmups on the sidelines at The Rent this fall (ahem, when we kicked the crap out of Rutgers)? I think they stretched from the 30 to the goal line on the scoreboard end of the field.

Were those recruits? Commits? If so, how did they afford to send all of those kids up to Connecticut for a road game, and was fitting them out in Rutgers warmups illegal?

May have been all of Rutger's players. Supposedly they brought 8 buses up to CT, since if they had won that game they would have won a share of the BE Title

Reaction Score
im worried about miami and psu

Supposedly Al Golden, the Miami HC, is on the list of possible RU HC candidates, as he's a NJ native. Not sure if that will allay your fear in any way however Dan...lol

Reaction Score
No way Golden leaves Miami for Rutgers. I talked to a buddy of mine earlier who played with Al at Red Bank Catholic. He has said in the past the only job Al would leave Miami for was PSU. When I mentioned he was a possible candidate for the Rutgers job...he laughed.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Rutgers was in position to have perhaps its best recruiting class of the Schiano era. Just Wednesday it received a commitment from Ryan Brodie, the state’s top offensive lineman as ranked by The Star-Ledger and Rivals.com. Brodie is ranked as New Jersey’s No. 9 prospect overall by The Star-Ledger, No. 11 by Rivals.com and No. 15 by Scout.com.

"Blindsided is a pretty good word. No idea," said Dan George, Brodie's coach at Long Branch.

George said that Brodie has now re-opened his recruiting and that Connecticut, which was in his final two, is now up in front and that they will look at other schools as well.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/01/greg_schianos_departure_to_hav.html

I hope we haven't given his spot away yet. He may turn into another Justin Forsett (for those who have been following UConn recruiting for many years). Although given Forsett's career at Cal and now in the NFL, I would have to say it worked out well for him in the end.

Reaction Score
Apparently we were the ones who told the Brodie's that Schiano was out the door

Reaction Score
Just saw another tweet from Scott Stump...he is a freelance sports journalist who lives near Brodie...Brodie's father was notified by UConn coaching staff that Schiano was taking Tampa job

Reaction Score
Just saw another tweet from Scott Stump...he is a freelance sports journalist who lives near Brodie...Brodie's father was notified by UConn coaching staff that Schiano was taking Syracuse job

This looks good for Ucon and bad for RU.

Reaction Score
what a circus,I'm loving this, like an indian dancing around a raging fire

Reaction Score
Just saw another tweet from Scott Stump...he is a freelance sports journalist who lives near Brodie...Brodie's father was notified by UConn coaching staff that Schiano was taking Syracuse job

Reaction Score

Gotta respect P's aggressiveness. 26 recruits and counting.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Gotta respect P's aggressiveness. 26 recruits and counting.
love how P and crew are getting depth and size into the program quickly but no no no!!! we need to spread numbers now and act like we are a sec school. not just say 26...

5 jan enroll kids(2011 class now)
5 transfers(they dont count towards this class)
16 2012 commits.

we have like 14 spots left!!!!!:D towards a class of 30

Reaction Score
love how P and crew are getting depth and size into the program quickly but no no no!!! we need to spread numbers now and act like we are a sec school. not just say 26...

5 jan enroll kids(2011 class now)
5 transfers(they dont count towards this class)
16 2012 commits.

we have like 14 spots left!!!!!:D towards a class of 30

I'm #begging you to stop. (you do know your math is way, way off right)

Grin.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01