Bring back the white dog | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bring back the white dog

Reaction Score
IMG_37401.jpg

Reaction Score
which does not look like goofy fluffy logo we had.

They are both beautiful dogs. I like the original white as the black marked husky is used by 3 or 4 schools where as UConn was the only school that had a white husky as mascot.

Reaction Score
Our new dog is a fairly generic take on a husky, it could be any of a half dozen schools. The white husky was a a unique image, we owned it.

My guess is that Suzie thought the white husky was racist and had to be changed. Not joking. That is how modern academia works.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Symbol of might to the foe
sure, if by 'foe' you mean a pork chop or veal cutlet that magically jumped off the stove. lol.
on the udder hand, smart pooch for choosing the couch instead of that sleep pad in the other room. 'why would I sleep on the floor, next to the hot air vent which will melt my eyeballs and nose, when there is an unused and perfectly good sofa right here?'

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
This is what happens when Geordi tries to watch games without his visor. Captain Picard should really do something about this.

Reaction Score
Our new dog is a fairly generic take on a husky, it could be any of a half dozen schools. The white husky was a a unique image, we owned it.

My guess is that Suzie thought the white husky was racist and had to be changed. Not joking. That is how modern academia works.
Agreed. Why else would they change a logo unique to UConn only for something that looks like too many other logos. PC diversity where there was none needed.

Reaction Score
One small reason they switched it because current M & W student-athletes complained the old one wasn't aggressive enough, but go off.
So odd that no one heard of any student athletes at the time complaining about the logo. But revisionist history seems to be the norm lately. I guess if you post it on social media it must be true.

Reaction Score
I refuse to buy anything with the new logo on it. I’ll buy some stuff still that just says UCONN but I won’t purchase anything with that new logo on it.
I despise that logo

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don’t think the original post should get destroyed. I don’t hate the new logo, I know the old white Husky logo was actually a samoyed, but that logo was synonymous with UConn going back 30 years. Idk why they decided to up and change the logo, maybe it was part of a rebrand with entering a new era since it debuted right before our first season in the AAC? Thats why to me, the new logo is linked with the AAC, and I wouldn’t mind it if we went back to the 80’s and 90’s UConn “samoyed” logo...and while we are at it, since we have to sand down the courts to replace the big A with the Big East, can we get rid of the two tone wood and just have the entire court the same finish??? Just throwing that out there :)
I got a chance to speak with one of the guys responsible for the rebranding. It was a team from IMG that came up with the new logo and color scheme, meant to bring football and m & w basketballall under the same umbrella. That was when the silver started to show up on the basketball teams’ unis. Remember the teams had to wear the silver uniforms at the Civic Center? (Geno literally burned the women’s team’s shiny “spacemen” uniforms after a gruesome loss to Duke)

The IMG guy asked me about the husky and I said I liked the former, fierce husky, not the dopey cartoon husky with the red tongue. He asked about the fans’ reaction and I told him the football board fans thought the logo on the helmets looked like a uterus. He then remembered he needed to go speak with someone.

Well, the guy asked.

4734A043-9BF8-4E28-B911-63B6D4F3447C.jpeg

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
So odd that no one heard of any student athletes at the time complaining about the logo. But revisionist history seems to be the norm lately. I guess if you post it on social media it must be true.

It was in the reasoning given when they unveiled the logo, boomer

“They just didn’t feel the existing mark reflected who they were or embodied the characteristic of a Husky,” Shaner says. “That was really the challenge: how do we deliver against the student-athletes’ expectation and deliver a mark that resonates with them.”

He says the Nike design team wanted to develop a more graphic and iconic image of a dog, utilizing the unique aspects of an actual Husky – the white face and mask of the dog.

“We tried to develop a graphic mark that was straight on, something more intimidating and fierce than the [current] three-quarter profile,” he says.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How about we take the new logo scale back the blue and have him facing to the right. I think that can work. Also get rid of any straight lines.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. It would be more consistent with past logos and unique to us. Oh, and while we’re at it can we go back to the old Jonathan costume mascot? The new one is hideous.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The changing logo
White husky, white husky, white husky, white husky, white husky, blue wolf. One of these things is different than the others.

That said, I enjoy your collection of memorabilia Kathy.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I refuse to buy anything with the new logo on it. I’ll buy some stuff still that just says UCONN but I won’t purchase anything with that new logo on it.
I despise that logo
Post/handle?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom