Brimah | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@mauconnfan - you always have to have one player you irrationally dislike. Brimah has displaced AO. Fair enough.

Kid isn't perfect, but as many others have pointed out, the team is much better with him on the floor.

Nope you are not correct on this one. At least in the sense of "dislike" - I didn't like AO after he became the person he was as a Jr. I admit and for good reason. AB I like, I do. His game is vastly overrated by many of you and I am disappointed in his growth basically because there's been very little. Doesn't mean I don't like the kid, love his passion and the fact he's a Husky at heart. And we are better with him on the floor, we don't have anyone else.

Reaction Score
Nope you are not correct on this one. At least in the sense of "dislike" - I didn't like AO after he became the person he was as a Jr. I admit and for good reason. AB I like, I do. His game is vastly overrated by many of you and I am disappointed in his growth basically because there's been very little. Doesn't mean I don't like the kid, love his passion and the fact he's a Husky at heart. And we are better with him on the floor, we don't have anyone else.
Dislike may be the wrong word. But if you could watch the second half of the Maryland game and somehow think we were better off with him on the bench...I just don't know what to say. Opposing teams have to game plan their offenses for him. They don't do that for anyone else on our team.

Reaction Score
AB is who he is and appears to have peaked as a player. I see no reason to believe he`ll be any more than a shot blocker who doesnt score much and isnt much of a rebounder. I think we can let go of the fantasy of him turning into Hasheem or Ok4.
Appeared to peak according to who? Based on what, his ever improving numbers?

Here's a guy no one heard of in high school. Ollie gets him late. We all expected Facey to come in and be the center. Wrong.

As a freshman he comes in, shows a non-stop motor and little else. He best tribute is his size. He is constantly out of position and has no offensive game.

As a sophomore he is elected a captain. Wins AAC DPOY, turns into an elite shot blocker and develops a chemistry with Hamilton that turn him into a dependable scorer with off the chart FG %. He continues to commit bad fouls.

As a junior, he continues to get improves his rebounding numbers even with ten minutes less a game. He is less foul prone. I don't think he is near peaking. He has hinted at a nice offensive game but it is inconsistent.

Killing a guy because he isn't a first round NBA draft choice means killing 99% of all college players. I expect he will continue to improve as he gets stronger, an more strengthen will improve his rebounding and hands.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Appeared to peak according to who? Based on what, his ever improving numbers?

Here's a guy no one heard of in high school. Ollie gets him late. We all expected Facey to come in and be the center. Wrong.

As a freshman he comes in, shows a non-stop motor and little else. He best tribute is his size. He is constantly out of position and has no offensive game.

As a sophomore he is elected a captain. Wins AAC DPOY, turns into an elite shot blocker and develops a chemistry with Hamilton that turn him into a dependable scorer with off the chart FG %. He continues to commit bad fouls.
As a junior, he continues to get improves his rebounding numbers even with ten minutes less a game. He is less foul prone. I don't think he is near peaking. He has hinted at a nice offensive game but it is inconsistent.

Killing a guy because he isn't a first round NBA draft choice means killing 99% of all college players. I expect he will continue to improve as he gets stronger, an more strengthen will improve his rebounding and hands.

Nobody is "killing" anyone. Thats what you wanted to take from what i said. Is he on the level of Thabeet or Ok4? Does it appear that he is on his way to being on that level? IMO no! Is he terrible? Of course not. Hes a solid college center whos a good shot blocker and a great teammate. He just has not progressed in his game as much as he shouldve by now which i think isnt bad to say its just a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom