Brimah | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brimah

Reaction Score
So he had a few minute stretch against a terrible Houston team. In a big spot you can't take yourself out quickly because your're just a flat out dumb player. Imagine if MJ committed bad fouls early and quickly and only played 15 mins in key playoff games.

No big deal, they won and hopefully he plays today, although Cincy has made him look silly.

You know you're talking to a guy who's discussed "clueless" and him in the same sentence before a couple of times right(hmmm couple hundred lol)? I guess if you didn't notice what he brought to the table during that stretching the 2nd half we now have someone more clueless.

Reaction Score
So he had a few minute stretch against a terrible Houston team. In a big spot you can't take yourself out quickly because your're just a flat out dumb player. Imagine if MJ committed bad fouls early and quickly and only played 15 mins in key playoff games.

No big deal, they won and hopefully he plays today, although Cincy has made him look silly.

Why even bother. You not only maintained your stance, you added a "terrible Houston team." And MJ too, who cares about MJ this is Amida Brimah.

Stop with the nonsense.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Amida is a beast.

When utilized correctly he is a problem for any team in America.

8 more to go before Jalen and Amida are ready for the NBA.
A Beast is a bit of a stretch junior

Reaction Score
Who would play if Jalen, Facey and RP only played 13 mins because of bad foul trouble because they have a basketball IQ lower than a blade of grass?

Either way. Onto Cincy.

Why even bother. You not only maintained your stance, you added a "terrible Houston team." And MJ too, who cares about MJ this is Amida Brimah.

Stop with the nonsense.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He had a huge influence on this game.

Even the haters should have noticed.

I could analyze Brimah's game, positives, negatives, etc, as has been done to an extent here often ... But the bottom line is, he is vital to our defense, warts and all.

And when he does it even ok, it helps us as a team a tremendous deal. That's what we need out of him, he's never going to be a super star or offensive stud with go to moves.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I call Brimah a giraffe ... I know it's not exactly creative, but it's the way he moves that makes him a giraffe. He is very gangly and not too coordinated, so often times he's doing the same stuff every big does, but he either is falling over or looks like he is, and gets called for a lot of junk.

It has really limited his development, and that definitely makes people think a bit clouded negatively. And it's given him a 4 year battle with refs.

But when he's engaged on D and on the boards, the guy is vital to our team D. And he's good at what he does. Of course, with the obvious exception of too many blocks out of bounds

Reaction Score
Yep good call on the screens, he's getting better little by little. But both had awful halves too. But while there was a "lay up line" it wasn't all Enoch or AB a lot was on Facey who had a very ugly defensive night. Missed help assignments and couldn't guard anyone. Have a feeling he's going to come back tonight though, just a gut.
I would suggest you go look at the moment Enoch enters the game in the first half. On the very first defensive play he's watching like a deer in the headlights as someone blows by him for a layup. He did play better D after that moment, although his scoring and rebounding were nil. He was not any better in the second half and AB's effect on the game when he came back in was enormous. For the next 5 minutes he totally dominated the game - that is his ceiling. Of course he then committed a foul and became a non factor again. Of his 4 fouls I believe 2 came on offense which drives me crazy - he has no offense so why is he getting fouls there?

Reaction Score
I would suggest you go look at the moment Enoch enters the game in the first half. On the very first defensive play he's watching like a deer in the headlights as someone blows by him for a layup. He did play better D after that moment, although his scoring and rebounding were nil. He was not any better in the second half and AB's effect on the game when he came back in was enormous. For the next 5 minutes he totally dominated the game - that is his ceiling. Of course he then committed a foul and became a non factor again. Of his 4 fouls I believe 2 came on offense which drives me crazy - he has no offense so why is he getting fouls there?

He does get caught deer in headlights but so does the shot blocker, often. Good news is for Steve he has 2 more years to improve. They both commit silly fouls. There's no explanation for Brimah's 4 years later though - I mean pushing a 5'10" guy from a lob when you're almost 7' is beyond dumb. And the constant inability to stay still on a screen? One can dream that it suddenly comes to Steve, Lord knows we need him.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
He's a seven foot tall blind squirrel that changes way more shot than he blocks. And he blocks a lot. Perhaps you didn't notice the lay up line that Houston had against Enoch.
Nope, saw it. There was a reason Enoch was in while sucking so bad.

Because Brimah sucked until he didn't suck.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Comical. I made the comment in the game thread that Brimah had altered three shots in a short period of time and that they would not show up in the box score. Not as blocks. Not as turnovers. Not as steals.

And because they don't show up in the box score, you get the type of comments that we are seeing in this thread. Believe me when I say that Brimah was an important part of the win last night. Those that don't understand that probably weren't paying enough attention...

Reaction Score
Comical. I made the comment in the game thread that Brimah had altered three shots in a short period of time and that they would not show up in the box score. Not as blocks. Not as turnovers. Not as steals.

And because they don't show up in the box score, you get the type of comments that we are seeing in this thread. Believe me when I say that Brimah was an important part of the win last night. Those that don't understand that probably weren't playing enough attention...

And they probably weren't "paying" enough attention because they were playing Dan:eek:

I mean all they have to do is see the praise from mau to know what he did.:oops:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
And they probably weren't "paying" enough attention because they were playing Dan:eek:

I mean all they have to do is see the praise from mau to know what he did.:oops:

You beat me to the damned autocorrect correction! And it's very true that if YOU'RE giving the kid kudos, he must have done something right...;)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Perhaps you didn't notice how they played in the first half to gain the lead with Enoch in the game? Steve changed a coupe shots, got a couple great rebounds in traffic in the first half when we took that lead. They played a decent half each, which is fine.

Don't get crazy, he played pretty good but you don't suddenly look like you know something we don't.

Sampson hadn't yet realized Houston could run right by Enoch. He figured that out in the second half.

H

huskymagic

Brimah will shut down Gary Clarke today. I want Brimah on Gary Clarke and Kentan on Washington.

It's up to Jalen, Rod, and Vital our perimeter crew needs to play at a high level and help out strategically at times on the boards and double teaming. If Jalen plays like he played today which he is capable of, Brimah will be free to operate and impose his will defensively.

PS: Forget the stat line Amida's effect is noticeable by the eye test. Amida is a monster when he's allowed to roam freely looking for prey within the defense.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He played a total of 13 mins and had 4 PTs, 3 boards and 2 blocks. The only stat line he dominated was PFs with 4.
Also missing are shots altered or times just staying out of the lane. He was a presence in the paint in the stretch.

Reaction Score
Brimah only played 13 mins, that is the biggest stat. He's such a dumb player (basketball IQ) he commits bad fouls constantly

The stat he needs is 25 mins and 8 rebs at least

Brimah will shut down Gary Clarke today. I want Brimah on Gary Clarke and Kentan on Washington.

It's up to Jalen, Rod, and Vital our perimeter crew needs to play at a high level and help out strategically at times on the boards and double teaming. If Jalen plays like he played today which he is capable of, Brimah will be free to operate and impose his will defensively.

PS: Forget the stat line Amida's effect is noticeable by the eye test. Amida is a monster when he's allowed to roam freely looking for prey within the defense.

Reaction Score

Wow, I love AB, but Brimah on Clark all game is a scary thought.

It seems to me like having Vance at the 4 has been working well this tournament thus far. Hopefully he can step up on D and stop Clark from absolutely destroying us like he always seems to do.

Reaction Score
Sampson hadn't yet realized Houston could run right by Enoch. He figured that out in the second half.

Enoch got 2-3 tough rebounds which Brimah would have fallen on the ground for, give him his due too. They both did some good things and they both sucked at times.

Reaction Score
Enoch got 2-3 tough rebounds which Brimah would have fallen on the ground for, give him his due too. They both did some good things and they both sucked at times.
Enoch did a good job of boxing out in the first half – drew 2 or 3 fouls from Houston on over-the-back calls. There were also two rebounds he boxed out for but couldn't quite grab, but we retained possession since they went out off of Cougars.

I thought it was an improved performance from him overall regarding the fundamentals.

Please god let him have a Travis Knight-like sophomore-to-junior year improvement curve this summer, though...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He had a huge influence on this game.

Even the haters should have noticed.

Totally disagree with your remark
I don't hate AB but I have been critical of his play
The kid had a horrid 1st half and decided to exert himself for a short period of time during the second half - something that some of us have come to expect to see on a consistent basis
It was a great thing to see - but as a senior with his experience - overall he has underperformed IMHO

Reaction Score
I could do 2 hours with @businesslawyer on Bryant Shirreffs too

I'd love to see JSM and huskymagic lock themselves in a room for 2 hours and record themselves going back and forth on Brimah. Pure lunacy from opposite ends of the spectrum.

Reaction Score
Cincy is a legit Sweet 16 team. Our bigs (especially Brimah) have to play a lot better defensively than last night. Most importantly they need to rebound better-- and avoid fouls, or Cincy will have all our bigs in foul trouble halfway through the first half. Like the last two games, this one will rest on the play of our guards/small forwards. Rather than an offensive game plan of throwing it in to AB, Facey or Enoch (a formula for sure disaster against the defensively gifted Bearcats) the "guards" need to slash, drive and score/draw fouls--or dish out for the three. If we do that we can win this game--and if we win this game we can beat anybody. Let's get it done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom