BRIMAH SAT while coach fiddled | Page 5 | The Boneyard

BRIMAH SAT while coach fiddled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@BigErnMcCracken of course the eye test goes to Hilton. That was the point of the question. If the numbers are on par, and they are, for one of the more celebrated seasons of Uconn Centers what does that say about Amida's learning curve with all his Sophmore warts.

I'm not sure how much it says, and I definitely don't think it says what you think it says. Amida has literally no competition for minutes. If he's healthy and not in foul trouble he'll be on the court. He has virtually no competition for rebounds. This team is practically begging for a post scorer. I have a hard time imagining that Hilton Armstrong, on this team, wouldn't put up better numbers than he did on a team stacked with NBA prospects (playing much better teams). On a basic level, I just don't buy your position.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how much it says, and I definitely don't think it says what you think it says. Amida has literally no competition for minutes. If he's healthy and not in foul trouble he'll be on the court. He has virtually no competition for rebounds. This team is practically begging for a post scorer. I have a hard time imagining that Hilton Armstrong, on this team, wouldn't put up better numbers than he did on a team stacked with NBA prospects (playing much better teams). On a basic level, I just don't buy your position.

http://ncaa-basketball-players.pointafter.com/l/2492/Amida-Brimah

Concede the competition argument(external and internal). There's also the variable here of the Ollie offensive system which is inverted outside-in and and relies upon dribble drive and dish vs. Calhoun's offensive system which was more inside out and played high low from the elbow and on the low block. Someone in this thread earlier mentioned Brimah's offensive skillset consisted of lob dunks and bricks. Well if you look at the shot chart above that's not true. He shot 50% from that baseline right zone and took a significant enough of his shots there (about 10%). The league avg is 52% from that zone btw. He can score on the low block. We just chose to run plays that would break down the perimeter defense, get to the 2nd level and draw up the help D because it ended in a basket 70% of the time.

Reaction Score
One flaw with this--Hilton was playing with other guys who could rebound, and therefore theoretically took potential rebounds from him: Josh Boone, Jeff Adrien, Ed Nelson, Rudy Gay. Also those guys could board.

Brimah played with no one who could rebound, so his rebound rate should be higher.
I don't know, some guy named Daniel Hamilton was 2nd in the AAC in rebounding. I think that means he can rebound a little. ;)

Reaction Score
I don't know, some guy named Daniel Hamilton was 2nd in the AAC in rebounding. I think that means he can rebound a little. ;)
Fair enough, he can rebound more than a little. But it is the same problem we had last year: a guard or small forward should not be your leading rebounder or you are going to get beat on the boards most nights.

By the end of the year, when we were winning the title, Daniels was putting up double doubles from the 4--not from the 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom