Brendan Adams Official Visit | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams Official Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
People would get upset at Hurley not being able to convince a top 20 player to reclassify, play in the AAC, for a team that has had back to back losing seasons.

All in his first couple weeks as coach.

If Hurley wants him, we should all be excited if he picks UConn.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Didn’t mean for it to be. I said maybe he’s an under the radar gem. I obviously know a hell of a lot less than Hurley, but I think of adding a guard like this as a depth move. I’d love nothing more than for the kid to turn out to be a stud

It’s April 12th and we just changed coaches.

We also have a point guard with a shoulder made of cream cheese....of course it’s a depth move.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It’s April 12th and we just changed coaches.

We also have a point guard with a shoulder made of cream cheese....of course it’s a depth move.
I would go with spiderwebs and cotton candy, but the third surgery should be the charm.

Reaction Score
People be thinking it's 2019. I'll only be let down if he strikes out with every five star 2019 recruit.
I'm happy if he pulls all mostly four stars the next two years. He can win with that . I'm not sure all the five stars are gonna come flocking right away. Especially if the NBA changes the one and done rule.

Reaction Score
There’s no video at all on this kid from this year. Maybe he’s a diamond in the rough, but more likely he’s just one more low ceiling player eating a scholarship.

I’m a big Hurley fan, but these are moves people would be roasting Ollie for.

Agreed. This kid instead of Akinjo, and the reported offer to Golden, may lower the giddy factor that's been prevalent here for the past week or so we've been hearing the Lecque rumor.

Reaction Score
Except that Ollie needed higher caliber recruits because he couldn't develop raw talent. That has changed.

Also, this kid is right in line with the Matthews/Kisunas rankings, who most people on this board were excited about.

Didn't someone recently post Matthews was only a 28% three point shooter?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Hurley obviously saw something in him to take him at URI. When you build a team, everyone has roles. I don't remember Talik Brown being a knock down shooter but he did everything else and ran the team to a championship. Not everyone has to be a 5*. Sharing the ball helps immensely.

Plus, it would be nice to have a point guard who wasn't overpowered on D. So 6'3" is good.

How did our position less basketball with lots of forced shots do for us the last few years?

Reaction Score
I’m trying to find out more now, but one other thing it could also be is a preference not to reclassify.

As recent as yesterday I heard we’re still in good standing with Lecque, so these visits are surprising to me. A few have heard that Adams wanted to come here, but we weren’t sure if Hurley would need him.
I don’t fully understand the logic behind this because there has to be a ton of moving parts, but Lecque is still on the table (including for this coming season).

Reaction Score
I don’t fully understand the logic behind this because there has to be a ton of moving parts, but Lecque is still on the table (including for this coming season).
I guess we'll just start 5 guards lol

Reaction Score
I think with alterique u don’t count him. And we are always short guards so I’m fine with taking 2-3 guards. I love alterique and want him to succeed bad but that hope helped usher in KO’s departure. No reason we had so few guards last year. Anything from him is gravy. Risk management issue nothing personal to Rique whatsoever

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
With the pressure defense Hurley plays maybe he needs a lot of guards to keep guys fresh
Hurley's defense has been most notable for their denial of 3-point opportunities and 3-point percentage overall. They've smothered teams on the arc.

So in the future I'd expect us to carry six guards every season, and fewer bigs.

Reaction Score
Hurley's defense has been most notable for their denial of 3-point opportunities and 3-point percentage overall. They've smothered teams on the arc.

So in the future I'd expect us to carry six guards every season, and fewer bigs.

Well that is better than O's "run around like crazy and do nothing" defense

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

That would be good as I can't state the number of times I've been frustrated watching open 3 point shots taken from opposing teams.

But, we need to get back to also having a rim-protector in the middle.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think having a defensive scheme that protects the paint is more important than having one guy who's an elite rim protector. Our defense overall was better with Oriakhi, whose career block % was 6.0, than it ever was with Brimah, whose career block % was 14.1.

Thabeet gave us the best of both words. We only have advanced stats from his final year, when his block % was 9.2, and obviously our overall defense that season was out of this world.

For what it's worth, I think all three of Carlton (6.0), Diarra (8.6) and Whaley (8.8) can/will be above average rim protectors based upon what I saw last year. More important, though, is getting a workable defensive scheme in place so that we're not constantly in a spot where we need them to bail us out.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
That would be good as I can't state the number of times I've been frustrated watching open 3 point shots taken from opposing teams.

Having a presence in the paint allows guards to defend the perimeter more aggressively.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I love pressure D...kind of miss the VCU "havoc" defense
They still utilize that same concept at VCU - you can tune into their games!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom