Brendan Adams Official Visit | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams Official Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think this is awesome news and a hopefully it pans out. Ollie was only 8 for 20 on official visits the last three seasons if you count Akinjo, Kisunas, and Matthews as commits and don't count Sid Wilson as a commit.

Reaction Score
@BFieldHusky does this say anything in our confidence about Lecque?
I’m trying to find out more now, but one other thing it could also be is a preference not to reclassify.

As recent as yesterday I heard we’re still in good standing with Lecque, so these visits are surprising to me. A few have heard that Adams wanted to come here, but we weren’t sure if Hurley would need him.

Reaction Score
I’m trying to find out more now, but one other thing it could also be is a preference not to reclassify.

As recent as yesterday I heard we’re still in good standing with Lecque, so these visits are surprising to me. A few have heard that Adams wanted to come here, but we weren’t sure if Hurley would need him.
everyone I've talked to so far is still confident regarding Lecque but the visits seem to contradict that. Who knows. We'll find out soon enough lol

Reaction Score

Just guessing but i wonder if this also has to do with one of our current guards. Obviously Jalen could leave if he wanted to regardless if he would get drafted or not. Have you heard how we are doing with Gilbert? Is he staying for sure? I imagine he would be able to play right away if he left because of all of the circumstances.

Reaction Score
Just guessing but i wonder if this also has to do with one of our current guards. Obviously Jalen could leave if he wanted to regardless if he would get drafted or not. Have you heard how we are doing with Gilbert? Is he staying for sure? I imagine he would be able to play right away if he left because of all of the circumstances.
Good point. Maybe Jalens leaning draft? I’d hope not lol

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Why not post it here too
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
@BFieldHusky does this say anything in our confidence about Lecque?
Trying to get more info. A lot of stuff going on. I'm hearing Lecque might be more of a 2019 possiblity than 18. Hurley trying to work through that.

We need guards. We have 3 right now, including one is a major question mark in terms of health. Hurley recognizes that.

Reaction Score
From David Cox when URI announced their recruiting class:

"Brendan had an outstanding junior season that resulted in a number of high-major offers. He has the size, athleticism and skill set to fit our system very well. He is a strong ball-handler and passer with a very high IQ. He also is a big-time shooter, and we obviously are very excited to have him. He is the younger brother of Jaylen Adams from St. Bonaventure, and we are hoping he can have the same type of impact here early in his career. He is without a doubt a rotational player, and he will have every opportunity to fight for a starting job with the departure of four senior guards."

Reaction Score
From David Cox when URI announced their recruiting class:

"Brendan had an outstanding junior season that resulted in a number of high-major offers. He has the size, athleticism and skill set to fit our system very well. He is a strong ball-handler and passer with a very high IQ. He also is a big-time shooter, and we obviously are very excited to have him. He is the younger brother of Jaylen Adams from St. Bonaventure, and we are hoping he can have the same type of impact here early in his career. He is without a doubt a rotational player, and he will have every opportunity to fight for a starting job with the departure of four senior guards."
Shooter? I like the sound of that

Reaction Score
At the end of the day Adams & Tarin Smith are far from exciting. It doesn't really make the current roster any better for 2018-19 (beyond that Adams development will mean something in 2019-2020 and thereafter) meaning that any improvement we see this year will be completely on:
  1. Competent coaching & development (bar is low here so this should be easy)
  2. Alterique staying healthy (TBD)
  3. Sid Wilson being a better team player than Larrier (less than 1 assist per game last season so again should be pretty easy threshold to cross)
Overall it's fine since the team is already talented IMO and just needs good coaching to not underachieve.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not really the talent upgrade we’re looking for, but we’ll see I guess.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
There’s no video at all on this kid from this year. Maybe he’s a diamond in the rough, but more likely he’s just one more low ceiling player eating a scholarship.

I’m a big Hurley fan, but these are moves people would be roasting Ollie for.

Reaction Score
There’s no video at all on this kid from this year. Maybe he’s a diamond in the rough, but more likely he’s just one more low ceiling player eating a scholarship.

I’m a big Hurley fan, but these are moves people would be roasting Ollie for.

Except that Ollie needed higher caliber recruits because he couldn't develop raw talent. That has changed.

Also, this kid is right in line with the Matthews/Kisunas rankings, who most people on this board were excited about.

Reaction Score
Trying to get more info. A lot of stuff going on. I'm hearing Lecque might be more of a 2019 possiblity than 18. Hurley trying to work through that.

We need guards. We have 3 right now, including one is a major question mark in terms of health. Hurley recognizes that.
Hurley needs to plan like Gilbert doesn’t exist. If he becomes healthy and is a factor, BONUS!

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Except that Ollie needed higher caliber recruits because he couldn't develop raw talent. That has changed.

Also, this kid is right in line with the Matthews/Kisunas rankings, who most people on this board were excited about.
His rivals ranking was in line with theirs. 247 hates him, ESPN didn’t even bother giving him a scouting report.

Matthews was liked because he put up numbers in AAU play. Here are Adams’ EYBL numbers. They are not pretty. Team Melo (@carmeloanthony) - 2017 NIKE EYBL - Roster - #3 - Brendan Adams - G

Definitely not some horrible player, but definitely not what we had in mind. That Smith guy OTOH seems like he’s legitimately just bad.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Well idk if this is disappointing because we need guards but I don’t think either guy is going to change a whole lot for us. Lecque is another story.

Reaction Score
I can't believe the reactions in this thread? We need players for the 2018 class. Especially guards. What exactly are people expecting this late in the game?
no idea. We have at most 3 guards right now. Adams is perfect for this year as a 4th or 5th guard. Especially considering the next season we have at most 2 total guards as of right now.

Reaction Score
no idea. We have at most 3 guards right now. Adams is perfect for this year as a 4th or 5th guard. Especially considering the next season we have at most 2 total guards as of right now.
I think our fan base as a whole has developed a habit of expecting the worse. It’ll take a little time for fans to not be afraid of optimism again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom