2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins Visiting (6/24) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins Visiting (6/24)

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
This recipe is for saving your health, not your money.

photo_2024-05-27_08-22-39.jpg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
what, you don't want my bread recipe?
Do you find it to be worth the effort? My problem with bread is you get a whole loaf for 5ish dollars from a pro baker, and it’s probably better than what I’ll make. And you skip all the extra time needed in bread making.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Do you find it to be worth the effort? My problem with bread is you get a whole loaf for 5ish dollars from a pro baker, and it’s probably better than what I’ll make. And you skip all the extra time needed in bread making.
making bread is actually easy but it does take time to allow it to rise, sometimes a couple hours but your free to do other stuff like derail a thread on the Boneyard, lol. For me making my own (with many items) I know exactly whats going into my food.
I'm waiting for someone to post a home made ketchup recipe so I can send it to @August_West
I got that if you really want it. you need a slow cooker, like bread it's easy but cooking time can take awhile.

Reaction Score

I make a loaf of white bread every Sunday. Occasionally something else like a spur dough. Costs me about 1.25 and in total is maybe 10 minutes of actual work. Is it worth saving 150 bucks in an entire year? Probably not. But I hate people, so it's nice not to leave the house.

Reaction Score
No way store bread is better than homemade! I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't had any

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
making bread is actually easy but it does take time to allow it to rise, sometimes a couple hours but your free to do other stuff like derail a thread on the Boneyard, lol. For me making my own (with many items) I know exactly whats going into my food.

I got that if you really want it. you need a slow cooker, like bread it's easy but cooking time can take awhile.
I’m just too impatient I guess.

I make a loaf of white bread every Sunday. Occasionally something else like a spur dough. Costs me about 1.25 and in total is maybe 10 minutes of actual work. Is it worth saving 150 bucks in an entire year? Probably not. But I hate people, so it's nice not to leave the house.
Guess that’s less time than driving to the bakery and back.

No way store bread is better than homemade! I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't had any
I’m talking about local bakeries, not factory made stuff. It’s not like you have pixie dust in your pantry.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I do pizza dough every Sunday. Toss the flour/yeast/salt/water/olive oil in food processor, then knead it for a couple of minutes - probably 10-15 minutes total. Drop it in the bowl to rise and I don't think about it until it's time to make the pizzas.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m talking about local bakeries, not factory made stuff. It’s not like you have pixie dust in your pantry.
It is.

That said, I haven't done it for years, but I have been thinking about it lately. Fresh baked bread is amazing.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Can we talk about how a jar of Hellmans cost $6 these days??
Go to Aldi's and get Burmanns Mayo. Half the price and I swear its the same stuff only they have private labeled the brand. In the Aldi store I go to for this kind of stuff they now carry both because some people are still faithful to Hellmans and everything even looks identical but the label.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Go to Aldi's and get Burmanns Mayo. Half the price and I swear its the same stuff only they have private labeled the brand. In the Aldi store I go to for this kind of stuff they now carry both because some people are still faithful to Hellmans and everything even looks identical but the label.
when I was in school and v v poor I used to have fulfilling nights by going to Aldi’s and getting a $3 bottle of wine and $3 full size pizza then have a blast.

Good to know they are still coming in clutch.

Reaction Score
I do pizza dough every Sunday. Toss the flour/yeast/salt/water/olive oil in food processor, then knead it for a couple of minutes - probably 10-15 minutes total. Drop it in the bowl to rise and I don't think about it until it's time to make the pizzas.

Hearing that you use anything less than a 24-hour proof for pizza dough give me heartburn. but I respect you're doing better than my wife who wants to buy it pre-made from the grocery store.

Samoo

Reaction Score
Hearing that you use anything less than a 24-hour proof for pizza dough give me heartburn. but I respect you're doing better than my wife who wants to buy it pre-made from the grocery store.
I can barely remember to get the dough started that early, and when your oven only goes to 550 everything else is compromised - but don't forget a touch of anchovy paste and sugar in the sauce. When I'm going full on I use home-canned tomatoes.

pj

Reaction Score
Exactly…for those of us not so motivated Primal Kitchen sells an avocado mayo, fyi

Yes. The advantage of making it at home is you can use raw egg yolks in large quantities.

Samoo

Reaction Score
I think you meant what instead of who. Pizza
The Braylon Mullins:Shrimp with thinly lemon slices, quartered, sprinkled with capers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom