2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins Visiting (6/24) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins Visiting (6/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Follow-up tweet said we are one of several other schools being considered for a visit. Want me to be first to say it?
Love you Zionn but you Nexted Hurley to the Lakers so not sure I can put as much stock in these anymore…

That being said, it does seem as if we may have prioritized other wings over him.

Reaction Score
Not gonna hold my breath on Mullins until we get him on campus for an OV. He's gotta be a high priority target for the Mid-West schools

Reaction Score
Should probably correct the title of the thread to "not visiting 6/24"

awy

Reaction Score
in my mind if uconn wants him and schedules a visit then he's coming. he has the soft skills that would be wasted in a badly run program but will take him to the next level at uconn.

Reaction Score
Think it was the Xavier coach who, with a shell shocked look on his face, said in the post game interview that there really isn't adequate time to prepare with a team like Uconn because of the myriad of plays, options and players. I think he just said that Uconn could overwhelm you with all their talent and possibilities. And he is one of the better coaches around.
I recall that. Made me think of Coach Calhoun after the '99 championship - I believe he said that he and the staff had begun scouting 4 top teams from the start of the year, in case they ended up facing them in the tournament. One of the four was Duke.

Reaction Score
I’m assuming our interest fell off once we realized Thomas is probably in the bag.
No. He’s not visiting now because he’s not committing any time soon. The staff told him to wait until he’s ready to commit. They’re still actively recruiting him

Reaction Score
I think we're looking to add two guards from the 2025 class. Of these 3, which 2 do we want more: Thomas, Lewis, Mullins. Probably everyone says Thomas, but then do we want more shooting or playmaking. I'm torn.

Reaction Score
I'd vote for Thomas and Mullins since we expect to have Mahaney/Nowell/Ball and I like that mix. With that said I get the sense Mullins feels an emotional allegiance to Indiana schools and the coaches that have been on him for years. Indiana and Purdue will be tough to beat out for him, and, I bet he gives some love to lowly Notre Dame. Also seems we are late to the game with Burries where others have longer relationships built. Lewis seems like both a good chance and quality player.

Reaction Score

Earlier this week Mullins announced he has unofficial visits set to see Kentucky, Purdue and Ohio State over the next 10 days.

He has also announced official visits to Michigan, Indiana and Tennessee.

The expectation is, there will be more.

“Right now, that’s what I have with set dates, but I’m trying to get the blue bloods like UConn, North Carolina, Kansas,” Mullins told The Daily Hoosier. “But I want to max it at 10 (visits). I’m not going to do more than that.”

So with the six visits he has set, and the three additional schools he mentioned today, Mullins seems to be fairly close to his top schools, although he hasn’t come out and published that list just yet. Alabama and Michigan State seem like other schools still potentially in the mix.

awy

Reaction Score
he's just doing his best to broaden his horizon and choices, since he was a relatively obscure player. this move is objectively GOOD for uconn because it's a signal that he is not content with just signing for a local school. if he does his research the destination is fairly obvious, especially as he is not likely a one and done and the value added from Uconn player dev is massive for a player of his type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom