2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 26 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

Reaction Score
Short term vs long term. Does he develop at IU like he will at uconn.. obvious answer is no. If he is a top 3 to 5 in the nba draft no matter where he goes then take the money at IU
That is the issue though. Mullins doesn't strike me as a no brainer OAD top 3-5 NBA draft choice without development and showcasing in a good system. We're not talking a hyped Dybantsa level talent here. He's rated as high as 16 and as low as 35 by the major recruiting services for a reason.

Reaction Score
Asking myself why kids are not lining up - and this is a borderline red herring - they're fricking 17 year olds with crazy pressure from all sides. I'm sure you would have been completely level-headed, but not everyone can think so clearly and it is a weird mountain to die on to ascribe that to a single issue.

And you seem to be claiming that these kids are solely focused on in-conference exposure, and don't care about the top flight OOC schedule or those nine games that end the season.

Finally, other than Flagg - who was the biggest prospect in a decade and the lockiest of Duke locks until Hurley almost rescued him - which targets that the staff determined are good fits for UConn have not had us in their final 3-5 (which seems to be a pretty good indication of "lining up to play for").
Asking myself why kids are not lining up - and this is a borderline red herring - they're fricking 17 year olds with crazy pressure from all sides. I'm sure you would have been completely level-headed, but not everyone can think so clearly and it is a weird mountain to die on to ascribe that to a single issue.

And you seem to be claiming that these kids are solely focused on in-conference exposure, and don't care about the top flight OOC schedule or those nine games that end the season.

Finally, other than Flagg - who was the biggest prospect in a decade and the lockiest of Duke locks until Hurley almost rescued him - which targets that the staff determined are good fits for UConn have not had us in their final 3-5 (which seems to be a pretty good indication of "lining up to play for").
Ngongba cut UConn from his final list a year ago.

Reaction Score
listened to the Travis Branham interview that was posted, respect his opinion but his assessment of Furphy doesn't seem consistent with the online scouting of him

it was more negative or positive than what we previously thought? Based off some cursory research and evaluation, seemed like he was a long term prospect IMO.

Reaction Score
Recruiting shouldn't be easy for UConn. Hurley would get bored. It's part of what he talks about when he said UConn still doesn't get the love that other schools get nationally even after what we've accomplished.
It drives him and we want Hurley to be driven and feeling as if he and his program isn't appreciated enough.
Anyway if this class ends up being what it looks it might, and what others have looked like, it's all good anyway.

Reaction Score
Barham described him as a 3 star guy on the bench

Right, I did read that on here somewhere. Seems somewhat, but we'd likely have to hope he wouldn't threaten Mullins for minutes as a freshman, if we're optimistic about both.

awy

Reaction Score
furphy is a different kind of player, pretty perfect for a program that studies worldwide basketball. just salivate over his reads and long range shooting threat. it's explosive on top of all the other shooters they are getting.

Reaction Score
If you look at social media following, IG accounts, Duke still has the sizzle factor which is meaningful to this gen. An exponential IG following, 1.4mm to our 185k. Even UK is only 550k. They have an “it” factor, despite the coach, that isn’t going away. Scheyer is young and marketable (very Duke-like) and out of the K tree. Also lots of players in the NBA, with the Zions of the world burning a media path at a point that was likely very influential to this gen. Times that by Cameron Indoor, decades of success, a cool mascot and unis, and voila!

It is what it is. They’re the Brad Pitt to our Daniel Day Lewis, will draw at the box office for a chiseled jaw not acting chops. We just have to keep beating them when it matters.

Reaction Score
If you look at social media following, IG accounts, Duke still has the sizzle factor which is meaningful to this gen. An exponential IG following, 1.4mm to our 185k. Even UK is only 550k. They have an “it” factor, despite the coach, that isn’t going away. Scheyer is young and marketable (very Duke-like) and out of the K tree. Also lots of players in the NBA, with the Zions of the world burning a media path at a point that was likely very influential to this gen. Times that by Cameron Indoor, decades of success, a cool mascot and unis, and voila!

It is what it is. They’re the Brad Pitt to our Daniel Day Lewis, will draw at the box office for a chiseled jaw not acting chops. We just have to keep beating them when it matters.
Once upon a time UCLA, Indiana, and UNC were on top too. Not so much anymore. And even Angelina Jolie didn’t want Brad Pitt anymore.

Reaction Score
it was more negative or positive than what we previously thought? Based off some cursory research and evaluation, seemed like he was a long term prospect IMO.
Negative, a 3 star/bench guy. Since UConn got linked to his recruitment the past and current tweets I've read about his play in international settings seem to indicate someone better than that.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

You were making a lot of sense until you stated "cool mascot".

Reaction Score

Meleek and Ngongba to name two

awy

Reaction Score
they won't get everybody but the hit rate is pretty high, and it's only getting better. this 2025 class is shaping up to be top 2 at least and last year they had castle and a bunch of elite talent. winning at this insanely high level is still going to solve all issues but it takes some time to build things up.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You were making a lot of sense until you stated "cool mascot".
I was assuming that he was referring to the Devil. The thing is the Devil is almost as creepy as the baby.

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score

Castle. He clocks as #2 under Rudy Gay as our best high school recruit at the time of recruitment. And I get we should be getting as well as our Lady Huskies but we are trending up. 3 of our top 10 best high school recruits are from '23, '24, and '25 (Castle, McNeeley, Adams)

Reaction Score

I smiled cuz I see where you're going with your comparison, but Brad Pitt has won an Oscar for best supporting actor and had 3 other nominations. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom