Braxton Beverly case foreshadowing for Sid Wilson | The Boneyard

Braxton Beverly case foreshadowing for Sid Wilson

Reaction Score
I am at the point where I am simply not spending my money anymore attending any collegiate event and that includes UConn. Why do people inside the system not call BS on this stuff? The favoritism and selective nature of how punishment is enforced. The screwing over of young people.

And every adult inside the system, Presidents, AD's, coaches, NCAA employees all stay silent. Sorta like Hollywood with it's current problem.

When Wilson is ruled ineligible it will be a long line of decisions where it went against UConn. And I'm sure everyone at UConn will just sit there and take it instead of having the balls to call them out.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
th

Protecting the integrity of college athletics by punishing student athletes who want to transfer, while failing to punish marquee universities who commit academic fraud.
#fireEmmert

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am at the point where I am simply not spending my money anymore attending any collegiate event and that includes UConn. Why do people inside the system not call BS on this stuff? The favoritism and selective nature of how punishment is enforced. The screwing over of young people.

And every adult inside the system, Presidents, AD's, coaches, NCAA employees all stay silent. Sorta like Hollywood with it's current problem.

When Wilson is ruled ineligible it will be a long line of decisions where it went against UConn. And I'm sure everyone at UConn will just sit there and take it instead of having the balls to call them out.

It's your money, I won't tell you how to spend it, but you should realize this approach punishes UConn, not the NCAA.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It's your money, I won't tell you how to spend it, but you should realize this approach punishes UConn, not the NCAA.

Not if he uses the money he would have spent to donate to the university... Boycott athletics but not the university.

Reaction Score
Not if he uses the money he would have spent to donate to the university... Boycott athletics but not the university.
Yes of course that would offset it.

But our three big sports (one particularly) also need the attendance.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I am reasonably certain that not only will Sid not be cleared by the NCAA, he will be suspended an extra year and any St Johns classes dropped will count against UConn's APR. Possibly suspensions. Maybe probably suspensions. That should be about right based on the NCAA sliding scale of crap.

Reaction Score
Something similar happened to a UConn football player a decade ago. Jarrell Miller, a 4 star LB, committed to UNC and attended summer courses in 2006. He left before practice for that season started, went to a prep school in the fall and then committed to UConn in the winter of 2007. The NCAA ruled he had to sit out a season even though he didn't play in 2006, so he couldn't play in 2007. He ended up leaving school before the 2008 season.

Reaction Score

NCAA = DISGRACE

Reaction Score
Sid Wilson will not play for UConn this year. The only shot in the dark is getting a hardship waiver in relation to his mother's death and how it would negatively affect his mental/emotional well-being if he was to be close to home in New York City but I can't see that be granted either. It appears that hardship waiver are mostly when a player transfers to be closer to a sick or dying family member.

Reaction Score
Transfer rules are very clear.

Not sure why anyone would be surprised about this.

The fact that it isn't surprising is exactly why it is so sad. With regards to Wilson, I get why a waiver wouldn't be granted, even if I disagree. The idea that a kid who committed to one school as a high school senior is unable to re-open his recruitment when his coach is abruptly fired is unfathomable, though.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The fact that it isn't surprising is exactly why it is so sad. With regards to Wilson, I get why a waiver wouldn't be granted, even if I disagree. The idea that a kid who committed to one school as a high school senior is unable to re-open his recruitment when his coach is abruptly fired is unfathomable, though.

He wasn't unable to reopen his recruitment because he was an enrolled student taking classes at Ohio State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom