Braxton Beverly case foreshadowing for Sid Wilson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Braxton Beverly case foreshadowing for Sid Wilson

Reaction Score
He wasn't unable to reopen his recruitment because he was an enrolled student taking classes at Ohio State.
I think you missed the point fishy. We know why he is ineligible. We just don't agree its right. If the coach who recruited him leaves he should be able to as well

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'm now cynical enough to think that the NCAA specifically delayed the UNC announcement so that they could use that case and Braxton Beverly case to inflict maximum pain on NC State.

"Mess with UNC? Let's see how you like this!"

Reaction Score
A possible silver lining for both this kid and Wilson will be a Freshman year where they can practice, work out with a professional trainer, mature and acclimate to college life/classes, etc..

Now that all sounds nice and possibly good for any student-athlete, but none of these I am quite certain are part of the "reasoning" of the NCAA - sitting out a year after a transfer is a punishment, period.

Reaction Score
I am at the point where I am simply not spending my money anymore attending any collegiate event and that includes UConn. Why do people inside the system not call BS on this stuff? The favoritism and selective nature of how punishment is enforced. The screwing over of young people.

And every adult inside the system, Presidents, AD's, coaches, NCAA employees all stay silent. Sorta like Hollywood with it's current problem.

When Wilson is ruled ineligible it will be a long line of decisions where it went against UConn. And I'm sure everyone at UConn will just sit there and take it instead of having the balls to call them out.
Agreed. I will always root for UConn, in every sport, but these past few weeks put the nails in my coffin. They system is rigged and clearly it is not a level playing field. From Emmert and the joke of the NCAA, to Pitino, Miller, Self and the likes, to ESPN and its talking heads, I am done. Hard to really care in this current environment.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Gee I wonder why the overpaid administrators of these schools don't do anything about this. It's a real brain teaser.

Reaction Score
Actually you are wrong. Sid’s fake summer classes at St John due to the UNC ruling can be now be considered real classes - therefore he has to sit a year. Another Chief prediction.
Really out on a limb on that one Chief. I wouldn't be warming up your arm to pat yourself on that back when that one comes through.

Reaction Score
I am at the point where I am simply not spending my money anymore attending any collegiate event and that includes UConn.

I am at the point where I am simply not spending my money anymore attending any collegiate event, excluding UConn games.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Agreed. I will always root for UConn, in every sport, but these past few weeks put the nails in my coffin. They system is rigged and clearly it is not a level playing field. From Emmert and the joke of the NCAA, to Pitino, Miller, Self and the likes, to ESPN and its talking heads, I am done. Hard to really care in this current environment.
It's American to root for the underdog. No pun intended. Uconn has always had to battle disrespect despite bring home numerous national championships. They have thrived despite all the negativity and if things are turning around as I think they are, they will stick to the naysayers again. I think the pieces are falling into place and the vision for toughness and "NBA ready"
training will start producing fruit in the near future. We have the coach and the recruiters now. Hopefully the S & C coach as well. Time to believe. It was great hearing a recruit (forgot which one) talking about how awesome it was to enter the practice facility and see the banners of all the players who went on to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Transfer rules are very clear.

Not sure why anyone would be surprised about this.

Because for reasons beyond me, there are those who demand that anything unfavorable be part of a conspiracy.

Wilson signed papers with St. John's. He will sit a year. As anyone would absent transferring to be closer to a sick relative

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because for reasons beyond me, there are those who demand that anything unfavorable be part of a conspiracy.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: Wait a minute. No decision has been announced yet for Wilson. Hmm, have any of you ever seen businesslawyer and Emmert in the same room at the same time? Me either.

Reaction Score
Are they actually going to make a decision on Wilson or just kind of let it dangle there?

Reaction Score
Are they actually going to make a decision on Wilson or just kind of let it dangle there?

They will wait til February 27th to declare Sid eligible.... Then suspend him 28 games, costing him 1 year of eligibility because he took a summer class @ St. John's. Luckily the NCAA deemed Marvin Bagley eligible 23 minutes after he reclassified to 2017 & selected Duke....

Reaction Score
Based on a preponderance of prior performance, Emmert's boys will just diick <sic> around for a while and eventually corn hole anything related to UConn again.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Wilson signed papers with St. John's. He will sit a year. As anyone would absent transferring to be closer to a sick relative

Who said it was a conspiracy? And I think most people in this thread are questioning the decision in the Beverly case, rather than the Wilson case, which I think is distinguishable.

You're a lawyer. You understand the concept of reliance. Beverly was induced (duped) by the comments made by the AD to stay at the university and enroll in the May class. Morally and equitably, the right thing to do was grant the waiver. But the NCAA doesn't care about morality or equities. It's unclear what they care about. They always do the wrong thing, whether it's creating a bad rule or applying a rule to the detriment of the "student-athletes" the NCAA is supposed to protect.

I also don't know why people (not directed at you) are saying "what did you expect" in a thread where people are complaining about the NCAA's ridiculous rules? We don't have the right to complain on a MBB message board about the NCAA, even if we're not or should not have been "surprised" by their actions? A lot of people expected UNC to skate; does that preclude them from criticizing the NCAA?

Reaction Score
Who said it was a conspiracy? And I think most people in this thread are questioning the decision in the Beverly case, rather than the Wilson case, which I think is distinguishable.

You're a lawyer. You understand the concept of reliance. Beverly was induced (duped) by the comments made by the AD to stay at the university and enroll in the May class. Morally and equitably, the right thing to do was grant the waiver. But the NCAA doesn't care about morality or equities. It's unclear what they care about. They always do the wrong thing, whether it's creating a bad rule or applying a rule to the detriment of the "student-athletes" the NCAA is supposed to protect.

I also don't know why people (not directed at you) are saying "what did you expect" in a thread where people are complaining about the NCAA's ridiculous rules? We don't have the right to complain on a MBB message board about the NCAA, even if we're not or should not have been "surprised" by their actions? A lot of people expected UNC to skate; does that preclude them from criticizing the NCAA?

What is the title of the thread?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What is the title of the thread?

Huh? Read my second sentence. Or, you know, just ignore my entire post. Either or.

(You do realize that thread names and thread content have little to do with one another on this site, right? The Diamond Stone thread was about pizza.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom