Brandon Austin decides today no PC per twitter | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brandon Austin decides today no PC per twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here is a legit source. PC still in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353345971.199901.jpg

http://zagsblog.com/articles/brandon-austin-to-announce-monday/

Interestingly enough, the previous source was correct about him picking today and broke it before Zags. Wonder if he is right about PC too.

Reactions: caw

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Still, where's there is smoke there is a gun. I don't like smoke and I don't like ill-mannered recruits.
i honestly dont think uconn will/can afford to take anymore recruits with shltty grades

caw

Reaction Score
i honestly dont think uconn will/can afford to take anymore recruits with shltty grades

If he was going to get a scholarship to PSU, I'm sure he will be fine.

Reaction Score
Adam Zagoria
@AdamZagoria
Brandon Austin will announce tonight between UConn, Providence and Texas, Lonnie Lowry confirms to @SNYtv. "It's definitely between those 3"

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure that we will have a special curriculum all set for him, one that meets the standards of the highly rated ACC school with the initials C...N...U, but in a different order.

Reaction Score
I don't know about this. This kid is good don't get me wrong. Off the court might be a problem here, based off what I've been reading/seeing.

Someone says "Come to UConn and play the 3" and he says "I play the one." And he decommits from the school that was ground zero for a horrifying child rape scandal. Those, to you, suggest "off the court issues"?

This board is ******* insane.

Reaction Score
Not to jack this thread, but the APR issues weren't so much about players having tty grades as they were about players transferring in poor standing, transferring at all (even with OK grades), or players ditching their studies in order to prepare for the draft.

Hopefully we have a better handle on each of those.

Reaction Score
As we saw with Jordan Bell, if there were any legitimate questions about Austin's academics, Uconn couldn't take him.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not to jack this thread, but the APR issues weren't so much about players having tty grades as they were about players transferring in poor standing, transferring at all (even with OK grades), or players ditching their studies in order to prepare for the draft.

Hopefully we have a better handle on each of those.
We can say this one million times and it still won't be enough.

Reaction Score
On Twitter he called out somebody for mistaking him as a forward. He replied something like, "I play the 1 playboy." To me that is pretty pompous and distasteful attitude from an incoming recruit. Also he's decomitted to like a billion schools and ZagsBlog said academics were probably an issue, as to why teams either dropped him or told him not to come. I'm not saying that the latter is true, look at Ryan Boatright he committed to like 3 schools before UConn and he turned out alright.

No doubt Austin would be a big pickup, but I don't think we need more depth at the small forward/guard position. We should be looking for centers and power forwards.
We call would like to sign an EO type center but the fact is we aren't leading for one. If you have a scholly available and can get a good basketball player you take him.

Reaction Score
C'mon now...That's just cruel LOL
But this should be coming out Low key. No press conference.

Reaction Score
We call would like to sign an EO type center but the fact is we aren't leading for one. If you have a scholly available and can get a good basketball player you take him.

Exactly......leaves you in great shape again in the backcourt.......RJ will be gone and now you have SN, RB, OC and BA filling in for 2 or 3 spots depending on lineups....also injuries and foul trouble play a role......would also love a big but there's none out there as of now so take a real nice athlete who can score any day!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't know about this. This kid is good don't get me wrong. Off the court might be a problem here, based off what I've been reading/seeing.

Your off the court problem is that you're a mushroom cap.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
@Blackjesus_1: For College I Will Be Attending ............................

Please don't tweet recruits. Fan-girl attention is not positive attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom