bracketology thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

bracketology thoughts

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I don't agree. Final margin of victory can be misleading. Neither ND nor SC ever trailed UConn by 19 in the second half. And both actually held leads in the game, which Maryland didn't do.
That's why they play FOUR quarters......and MD had more GRIT near the end.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That's why they play FOUR quarters.and MD had more GRIT near the end.
Oh really? They play four quarters? Sorry, I mean FOUR quarters. Wow, thanks for pointing that out with such emphasis. I was totally unaware of that all-important fact.

Either way, a difference of 6 vs. 11 points in the final score vs. a single common opponent is one of the last metrics the committee would use in comparing teams. If that becomes an overriding factor, then why not compare Ohio State and Maryland based on their performance vs. Penn State, a team Maryland beat by only 6 and Ohio State beat by 15? If I'm an OSU homer, I'm using that one data point combined with the head-to-head win to argue that OSU should be seeded ahead of Maryland :rolleyes:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Oh really? They play four quarters? Sorry, I mean FOUR quarters. Wow, thanks for pointing that out with such emphasis. I was totally unaware of that all-important fact.

Either way, a difference of 6 vs. 11 points in the final score vs. a single common opponent is one of the last metrics the committee would use in comparing teams. If that becomes an overriding factor, then why not compare Ohio State and Maryland based on their performance vs. Penn State, a team Maryland beat by only 6 and Ohio State beat by 15? If I'm an OSU homer, I'm using that one data point combined with the head-to-head win to argue that OSU should be seeded ahead of Maryland :rolleyes:
I am not going to compare every 2 teams who played each other. I was basing my thoughts on Uconn and the teams they play(THE END).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I am not going to compare every 2 teams who played each other. I was basing my thoughts on Uconn and the teams they play(THE END).
Perfect. Then we can both agree that Tulane should be a #1 seed, easily ahead of Maryland. (Insert words in all caps to denote finality.)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That's why they play FOUR quarters.and MD had more GRIT near the end.

Hhmm. Slocum had grit (not MD). Even then, with our foul trouble, we could not even breath on the MD players as they scored near the basket in the 2nd half.

I agree MD is good and deserves respect but the use of GRIT really surprised me. Lou barfing into a tub while having one of her best games against MD showed GRIT. Tulane nearly coming back while undersized and far less talented showed grit. Let's use the word GRIT only when it is true. How much grit can a team have when they play such a weak OOC schedule

By the way, I agree ND and SC did not show grit, ND collapsing at end of quarters and SC having only one player that plays tough and well in harsh conditions and it is not Alainna Coates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom