Bracketology Expert Panel Member has UConn as 3 seed | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bracketology Expert Panel Member has UConn as 3 seed

Reaction Score
The season is not over and the conference tournaments have to be played and then the NCAA makes the final decision. As crazy as it is to try and figure out where you rank LSU with their really easy schedule its gonna be tuff to rank UConn when the announcement is made that Azzi is coming back. Other then SC and Indiana every other ranking will be determined based on SOS RPI NET and how strong the remaining teams are. UConn has a very strong NET and SOS and I expect Azzi is coming back so another plus for UConn. I am confident we will be a 2 seed at worst and a top 2 seed. To be a 1 seed well that could happen but I would really like to see UConn playing the 4th number 1 seed. We all have our thoughts has to who should be ranked where and so do the so called gurus. Lets face it the Boneyard knows more and Im serious the Boneyard knows more then most of the gurus out there.
Just need one more word at the end of the sentence: "Boneyard knows more then most of the gurus out there" COMBINED!

Love your optimism!
I believe it is a shared trait.

Reaction Score
If Azzi does play before selection Sunday I don’t know that the committee will “reward” South Carolina with

a two or a 3 seed would face South Carolina in the Elite Eight in Greenville. At this point UConn is either going to be the last two seed or the best three seed- making a pre-final four match up with South Carolina inevitable if UConn gets that far. If the team has gelled with Azzi and CD back in the line up it will hopefully be a much better UConn team than what was available to face South Carolina a month ago. Who knows if that will be the case.
The number one reason to not be in South Carolina's bracket (as opposed to being in the opposite bracket in Greenville - which would be a good thing!) is so all of our Huskies would have another five days of recovery [a.k.a. get to full strength] before playing a rematch vs. SC.

With as many injuries as our women have worked through, a five day recovery period after the elite eight before taking on SC or the second #1 seed in the path to the NC game is critical. The hard part is winning the Elite Eight matchup, and with only 48-ish hours vs. SC is not the optimal rest IMHO.

Regardless, GO HUSKIES!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UCONN will be a 2 seed if they win out, maybe even the last 1 seed based on SOS. My issue with them is they haven't look impressive since the SC loss and in some aspects seeding is a beauty contest. Really though if you look at the win and the losses they probably are a good 2 seed. I see the same issue with Stanford, a couple of their losses were not to impressive.

I think the number 1 seeds will be SC, Indiana, LSU and Utah. Now the conference tournaments will play a role if there are a couple upsets but LSU with 1 loss to SC has to be ahead of the others since all of them have bad losses this year. I do think UCONN can beat any of the 1 seeds but they could also lose to a lesser seed.
Stanford has 12 players that have played in 26 or more games. UConn has 4. That the Huskies are still in the Top 10 is an amazing feat

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Don't beat yourselves up about it....UConn will be a number 2 seed most likely, and if they are a 3 seed, so what? We are not going to win the NC this year, and if that is not apparent, then you have not been watching all the games.
That's a very bitter piece of reality you put on the table sir. Bitter but accurate IMO. Naturally folks don't want to hear/read that kind of talk, but that is the reality we find ourselves in because of the injuries to our key players. Even Geno and CD had to step away from the team for a few days.

This IS NOT our year plain and simple. If it was, Paige, Azzi and Ice would not have been injured, and Ducharme would have been on a roll from game one, and our bench would be playing lights out. We would be undefeated at this point, and gaining momentum heading into the conference tournament. We're not. We're running on 5 cyclenders and leaking oil. We continue to struggle and have way too many unforced turnovers against average and sub-average teams.

Only one team will win the championship and celebrate their victory. Everyone else goes home dejected. IMO oppinion that team will be South Carolina. They have been the number one rated team since the summer, and except for two games (Stanford and Ole Miss), they've played like it. They are well coached, BIG, deep and have every intention on winning it again.

They have a set of twin towers that have become extremely formidable. I expect Staley to have them ready for that final run through the tournament next month. I wonder how many UConn fans (if their lives depended on picking a winner) would bet on SC or the field? I'm a UConn fan, but I'm also a realist. I believe in calling a spade a spade. I agree with your take, we're not going to win it this year.

It will be a very sad day in the yard when we are elimenated from the field, and I expect a lot of condesending comments to follow. It will be a fun tournament to follow, but I don't see any team defeating SC. I would love to be proven wrong on this take, and would galdly eat some crow and humble pie as a result. :rolleyes: Next year things WILL be different!!! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching the LSU vs Mississippi St. game and during the game the announcers were interviewing a member of the WBB Bracketology committee. During that interview he said that he now has UCONN as a 3 seed after the IOWA win against Indiana. Looking at the current Bracket on ESPN, if Iowa and UConn switch seeding positions then that would put UConn in the same bracket as South Carolina. We definitely need a statement performance in the BE Tourney and come out with the Championship, to ensure that #2 seed.
UCONN beat Iowa at Iowa, enough said, the guy is a joke!

Reaction Score
That's a very bitter piece of reality you put on the table sir. Bitter but accurate IMO. Naturally folks don't want to hear/read that kind of talk, but that is the reality we find ourselves in because of the injuries to our key players. Even Geno and CD had to step away from the team for a few days.

This IS NOT our year plain and simple. If it was, Paige, Azzi and Ice would not have been injured, and Ducharme would have been on a roll from game one, and our bench would be playing lights out. We would be undefeated at this point, and gaining momentum heading into the conference tournament. We're not. We're running on 5 cyclenders and leaking oil. We continue to struggle and have way too many unforced turnovers against average and sub-average teams.

Only one team will win the championship and celebrate their victory. Everyone else goes home dejected. IMO oppinion that team will be South Carolina. They have been the number one rated team since the summer, and except for two games (Stanford and Ole Miss), they've played like it. They are well coached, BIG, deep and have every intention on winning it again.

They have a set of twin towers that have become extremely formidable. I expect Staley to have them ready for that final run through the tournament next month. I wonder how many UConn fans (if their lives depended on picking a winner) would bet on SC or the field? I'm a UConn fan, but I'm also a realist. I believe in calling a spade a spade. I agree with your take, we're not going to win it this year.

It will be a very sad day in the yard when we are elimenated from the field, and I expect a lot of condesending comments to follow. It will be a fun tournament to follow, but I don't see any team defeating SC. I would love to be proven wrong on this take, and would galdly eat some crow and humble pie as a result. :rolleyes: Next year things WILL be different!!! ;)
UCONN lost to SC by 4 without Azzi, if she returns healthy, I could see them beating SC!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I am curious as to how many would like to alter their posts in this thread after watching UConn vs Xavier. Let's hope the committee wasn't watching! :oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom