Bracketology Expert Panel Member has UConn as 3 seed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology Expert Panel Member has UConn as 3 seed

Reaction Score
Why are people freaking out over this? The other day UCONN was a 2 seed along with Iowa, Maryland, and someone else I cannot recall, I believe LSU.. Even if Iowa is ahead of UCONN they were both #2's.
In addition to that... How many teams are going to lose at least one more game before the NCAA tournament.
If I am not mistaken Indiana and Iowa could potentially play again which one team will need to lose, there is a chance they can both lose going into that conferences final game...
You have Maryland, Notre Dame, Duke, North Carolina all in the ACC.... only one can win....
South Carolina, LSU, Tennessee in the SEC... again only one will win.... so all these other teams will have another L on their records.
So.... why are people freaking out over what Creme may have said?
We aren't freaking out. We just want to be ranked fairly and seeded properly. When a team loses by 28 points and if moved up two spots with a win, we'd be foolish not to be concerned.
Keep in mind that most teams losing the Conference Championship game are seldom penalized. By that Sunday, the brackets are almost comopletely set. For example, even if South Carolina loses the final, they are still the #1 seed. Of course, UCONN might be held to a different standard.

Reaction Score
Why are people freaking out over this? The other day UCONN was a 2 seed along with Iowa, Maryland, and someone else I cannot recall, I believe LSU.. Even if Iowa is ahead of UCONN they were both #2's.
In addition to that... How many teams are going to lose at least one more game before the NCAA tournament.
If I am not mistaken Indiana and Iowa could potentially play again which one team will need to lose, there is a chance they can both lose going into that conferences final game...
You have Maryland, Notre Dame, Duke, North Carolina all in the ACC.... only one can win....
South Carolina, LSU, Tennessee in the SEC... again only one will win.... so all these other teams will have another L on their records.
So.... why are people freaking out over what Creme may have said?
Well said. But you know we gotta get our blood pressure up before the conference tournaments and then take it up another notch come selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
We aren't freaking out. We just want to be ranked fairly and seeded properly. When a team loses by 28 points and if moved up two spots with a win, we'd be foolish not to be concerned.
Keep in mind that most teams losing the Conference Championship game are seldom penalized. By that Sunday, the brackets are almost comopletely set. For example, even if South Carolina loses the final, they are still the #1 seed. Of course, UCONN might be held to a different standard.

Seeded properly and ranked fairly? No matter how the seedings play out, coaches are going to complain about where their program is seeded and what bracket they are placed. I would be totally shocked if after the conference tournaments are settled and the brackets are announced that not one coach complained about their seeding or placement. Somebody always complains about their seeding and how "unfair" they have it vs another program.

Reaction Score
Being a 2 seed vs. a 3 seed is meaningless IMO. The key is avoiding SC's regional where they'll play in front of a home crowd to get to a Final Four. That senior class has lost 1 home game in 4 years.
agreed if you're not a 1, as long as you are a top 4 seed you get home games 1st 2 rds. The only thing that would be hard for Uconn is if they had to play in Seattle Sweet 16 and elite 8 vs a west coast school like Stanford.

Reaction Score
One thing is for certain….March Madness will be just that. There are really about 10 teams that could win it all…..the seedlings this year are going to be really important because the matchups will matter. I can’t wait!

Reaction Score
It doesn’t really matter if you are a 2 or a 3, it is all about what bracket you are in and who you avoid. The only team you’d absolutely not want is SC. To be honest I can’t see the committee putting us in their bracket? I don’t think an Iowa win should change much for us, if anything it should help us since we beat them!

Reaction Score
Being in the Greenville regional does not necessarily mean you have to play SCar to get to the Final Four. There are two brackets.

A 2or 3 seed would not face SCar in Greenville. It would be a 4 seed.

I really want you guys to be placed in my hometown regional - in the other bracket.

@ed4ourgirls

Reaction Score
I want to become a bracketologist. Apparently you don’t need any special qualifications.
Actually I think there is one key requirement, the ability to generate clicks, and controversy with the most followed program in the country is a pretty good first step if that is the main goal.

Reaction Score
Oddly, even if Azzi gets on her game hairdo and says she is ready to play, our seeding goes up. We then become the team that beat several top 10 competitors.

Reaction Score
UConn played SC tough. They can play SC tough again. If (a big IF) UConn gets to the promised land they have to go through SC sooner or later. The only thing that is really in play with the seeding is the string of .

BTW, I really believe the SC game was a giant factor in UConn's following games. UConn literally left it all on the floor in that SC game.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
He works for ESPN, ESPN owns the SEC network, ESPN controls, $, the WCBB tournament. UCONN basically plays in a mid major conference, ESPN pushes the big guys.

Reaction Score
It may be pie in the sky to think about us in the Final Four but it would be better to face South Carolina in a lower bracket game than in
the finals.

Reaction Score
The various league playoffs will clear this up. If UConn wins its tournament, it will have beaten 1 or 2 more Top 25 teams. Projecting the other major tournaments, estimate 50%+ of the teams ahead of UConn in the rankings will lose. With UConn leading women's college basketball in Top 25 wins, Huskies may be back in the Top 4 and worst case, will be one of the top 2 seeds.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Right now, we are just going up and down after every game. We are so inconsistent, we don't know if we will win the BE tournament. So, as it is, let the players do their best, and whatever happens, wherever we end up in the NCAA, the team will play hard. We will support them, and cheer them, and if Azzi gets back, we will have a legitimate chance to beat anyone. Wait and see, support the team, let the chips fall where they are, and follow them to as far as they can go. Whatever happens, we love them and are behind them 100%. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
UCONN will be a 2 seed if they win out, maybe even the last 1 seed based on SOS. My issue with them is they haven't look impressive since the SC loss and in some aspects seeding is a beauty contest. Really though if you look at the win and the losses they probably are a good 2 seed. I see the same issue with Stanford, a couple of their losses were not to impressive.

I think the number 1 seeds will be SC, Indiana, LSU and Utah. Now the conference tournaments will play a role if there are a couple upsets but LSU with 1 loss to SC has to be ahead of the others since all of them have bad losses this year. I do think UCONN can beat any of the 1 seeds but they could also lose to a lesser seed.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The season is not over and the conference tournaments have to be played and then the NCAA makes the final decision. As crazy as it is to try and figure out where you rank LSU with their really easy schedule its gonna be tuff to rank UConn when the announcement is made that Azzi is coming back. Other then SC and Indiana every other ranking will be determined based on SOS RPI NET and how strong the remaining teams are. UConn has a very strong NET and SOS and I expect Azzi is coming back so another plus for UConn. I am confident we will be a 2 seed at worst and a top 2 seed. To be a 1 seed well that could happen but I would really like to see UConn playing the 4th number 1 seed. We all have our thoughts has to who should be ranked where and so do the so called gurus. Lets face it the Boneyard knows more and Im serious the Boneyard knows more then most of the gurus out there.

Reaction Score
I would think that once uconn wi s ton, and the big east tournament, and Indiana does not win thier tournament or Utah either. We will ge

Reaction Score
Unless the committee's priorities have changed, UConn's overall performance the last month hasn't done them any favors. I don't think anyone will be happy to see UConn in their bracket no matter what UConn's seed is. What you have to hope for is that the committee creates fair and balanced brackets.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

The win was over the #2 ranked team in the country, the loss was to another potential #1 seed. Yes the blowout loss was bad but I'd bump that team up over a similarly ranked UCONN team who just lost to a Quad 2 team and nearly lost to another one in the same week.

Reaction Score
If Azzi does play before selection Sunday I don’t know that the committee will “reward” South Carolina with
Being in the Greenville regional does not necessarily mean you have to play SCar to get to the Final Four. There are two brackets.

A 2or 3 seed would not face SCar in Greenville. It would be a 4 seed.

I really want you guys to be placed in my hometown regional - in the other bracket.

@ed4ourgirls
a two or a 3 seed would face South Carolina in the Elite Eight in Greenville. At this point UConn is either going to be the last two seed or the best three seed- making a pre-final four match up with South Carolina inevitable if UConn gets that far. If the team has gelled with Azzi and CD back in the line up it will hopefully be a much better UConn team than what was available to face South Carolina a month ago. Who knows if that will be the case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom