Bracketology 3/9/2019 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Bracketology 3/9/2019

Reaction Score
Yes. It's mostly about post play and coaching.

First let's start with why Oregon matches up better with MS St. While Hebard gives up 3" to McGowan, she has enough size, strength and athleticism to hold her own. Once you neutralize McGowan, MS St is beatable. UConn has no one on the team who can match up physically with McGowan.

By the same token, Hebard will struggle with Pheesa. Two years ago, Pheesa had a monster game against Hebard in the Bridgeport Regionals. Pheesa is too quick, with an array of low post moves and she can stretch her game out to the arc.

The other advantage is that I believe Geno and his staff will outcoach Kelly and his staff.
I think UO is a very bad (good if UO) matchup for UCONN. I don't see anyone on the UCONN Team that can stop Herbard, or Sabally. I think Sabally is a nightmare matchup for UCONN, and, Sabally can defend KLS. I also don't see Dangerfield/CW matchup with Sabrina/Corzola as favoring UCONN. All in all, I see UO as a very difficult matchup for UCONN. Of course, we may never see this matchup, given that both UCONN & UO will have some very difficult games ahead of a potential showdown.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think UO is a very bad (good if UO) matchup for UCONN. I don't see anyone on the UCONN Team that can stop Herbard, or Sabally. I think Sabally is a nightmare matchup for UCONN, and, Sabally can defend KLS. I also don't see Dangerfield/CW matchup with Sabrina/Corzola as favoring UCONN. All in all, I see UO as a very difficult matchup for UCONN. Of course, we may never see this matchup, given that both UCONN & UO will have some very difficult games ahead of a potential showdown.
Well let's hope that we see that matchup, because it looks like it would have to happen in the National Championship, and then one of us will celebrate and the other will get to eat some crow.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

Well, for what it's worth, I'm not that optimistic. The key, imo, would be whether Oregon could contain Collier, at least to some extent. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, but . . . .

Reaction Score
Well let's hope that we see that matchup, because it looks like it would have to happen in the National Championship, and then one of us will celebrate and the other will get to eat some crow.
Not sure which team I would root for....PAC-12 or UCONN (a program I admire).

Reaction Score
The best 2 matchup for UConn would be Louisville. Durr had the game of her life at home in front of a sellout crowd. That's a tough act to repeat and UConn has always done a great job shutting down one player. And remember that the Louisville win this season was the first ever for their coach. For a 4 I take Syracuse. UConn has it's biggest problems with slow downs against disciplined offenses and defenses. Syracuse is neither.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow. Fun for speculation, but agony for those players.
And for teams not mentioned.
They did the same thing last year. I guess they thought it was successful enough to continue...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
They did the same thing last year. I guess they thought it was successful enough to continue...
Talk about bleeding a rock...I mean seriously, you go to the trouble of listing the last 8 instead of just deciding? I get that ESPN want to generate interest in their product and is why they have a Monday selection show but at least add to the excitement and list the 16 host schools to know where those games will be played for the opening 2 rounds-that was known this past week. Head bang

Reaction Score
The degree to which folks on this board will complain about EVERYTHING never ceases to amaze me.

Reaction Score
debatable 8

arkansas
auburn
indiana
ohio
princeton
tenn
tcu
ucf

Princeton will get the Ivy auto bid but not over when they announced.
Comparing to Creme’s last edition. His bubble had first 4 out with
USC
Va Tech

UCF was solid in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member