Bracket with TV Times. UConn Friday 6:30 PM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracket with TV Times. UConn Friday 6:30 PM

Reaction Score
If you are watching ESPN3 online content on a small computer screen, and you don't already have a smart TV, Roku, Apple TV, or whatever streaming stick, you need to spend $15 for an HDMI cable or, much better, $35 for a Chromecast device.

https://store.google.com/us/product/chromecast?hl=en-US
Interesting. We have a Chromecast that we just installed but for the life of me, I cannot see how it gets us anything unless we subscribe to an additional pay service. Could someone steer me to an article that shows how this is done. Or if it's simple,just post a few sentences on what I'm missing? Thank you.

Reaction Score
Interesting. We have a Chromecast that we just installed but for the life of me, I cannot see how it gets us anything unless we subscribe to an additional pay service. Could someone steer me to an article that shows how this is done. Or if it's simple,just post a few sentences on what I'm missing? Thank you.
I'm no techie but, FWIW, Chromecast does more than just mirror your computer screen (and sound) like an HDMI cable. In its simplest form it does do that. But Chromecast actually does its own streaming. It offers no content on its own - unlike a pay service. It isn't like Roku or a Fire stick. Chromecast just streams whatever your computer is streaming and plays it on your TV.

But instead of just mirroring your computer, Chromecast actually takes over the streaming itself, once you get it started. Then you can go ahead and use your computer, phone, or whatever device you started the streaming with for something else, and Chromecast just keeps on streaming.

So, you still need to stream ESPN3 - or whatever content you want to stream - on your computer or other device. Then Chromecast will take over the streaming and put it on your TV.

There are some instructions you need to follow, starting with downloading the Google Home app onto your device. Here's Google's Quick Start Guide...

How to cast: A quick start guide - Chromecast Help

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My ESPN3 to Chromecast has been having problems all season. It freezes up, goes to Lower quality video and all sorts of other issues. I have Verizon FIOS and have been complaining to both Verizon and ESPN since I started paying for the service in November. Hopefully it is only the first two games I have to go through this.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I guess we will have to deal with ESPN2's famous "whip around" coverage. :eek:

I have DirecTV. The UConn - Towson game is on their channel guide (channel 788) with a start time of 6:55 pm est. I don’t know if this is a ppv situation or not. Other games today are also scheduled to air on channels 788 and above. We’ll know in 30 minutes. The Robert Morris - Louisville game is scheduled to air on channel 788.

In past years, Directv has broadcast games in their entirety on channels in the 700’s. I know this does not help everyone, but many of you do have Directv. Hopefully these games will also be on ESPN 3. We’ll see. Good luck to UConn, and whatever team you are rooting for today. :cool: Sorry for the false alarm. I just checked again after the start time. Games showing on these channels are ppv. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I have YouTube TV as my primary TV channels/provider (ESPN and others). Nice 65" LG OLED TV...but I'm not bragging :rolleyes:... can't compete with that 80" @PacoBlaze is strutting around. I have a ROKU attached to TV with the ESPN App. I also purchased a year subscription to ESPN+ (but none of the tourney games will be on the +). For these early round games I will probably be in the ESPN App so that I can change quickly to another game in progress and back If I need to. Actually will be doing my own "whip-around" surfing.

Reaction Score
It is going to be whip-around coverage so I'm not sure how much of the UCONN Game we will be able to see!

Reaction Score
I have DirecTV. The UConn - Towson game is on their channel guide (channel 788) with a start time of 6:55 pm est. I don’t know if this is a ppv situation or not. Other games today are also scheduled to air on channels 788 and above. We’ll know in 30 minutes. The Robert Morris - Louisville game is scheduled to air on channel 788.

In past years, Directv has broadcast games in their entirety on channels in the 700’s. I know this does not help everyone, but many of you do have Directv. Hopefully these games will also be on ESPN 3. We’ll see. Good luck to UConn, and whatever team you are rooting for today. :cool:
The games are also available for DISH customers on 4 separate channels, 144 - 147, I believe.

Reaction Score
I have DirecTV. The UConn - Towson game is on their channel guide (channel 788) with a start time of 6:55 pm est. I don’t know if this is a ppv situation or not. Other games today are also scheduled to air on channels 788 and above. We’ll know in 30 minutes. The Robert Morris - Louisville game is scheduled to air on channel 788. :cool:
FWIW
There is only 1 game scheduled for noon, which is the Louisville game, so there should be no whip-around coverage to deal with on ESPN2. The whip-around coverage should begin at 2PM when multiple games are being televised.

Reaction Score

In past years, Directv has broadcast games in their entirety on channels in the 700’s. I know this does not help everyone, but many of you do have Directv. Hopefully these games will also be on ESPN 3. We’ll see.
According to the ESPN app, all NCAA Tournament games this weekend are available on ESPN3.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Sure, Louisville is far and away the superior team...but even during the huge 2nd quarter run, Robert Morris kept their composure ran a decent O and looked like a well-coached team.

I've been thinking all season that Geno's revolution is almost complete....more evidence.

Reaction Score
If you're in CT - you'll get the entire UConn game on ESPN2, even if UConn's up 900 points.

z;s44: Hope you have some idea just how much I hope you are right :)

Reaction Score
I am worried that ESPN might leak the results of the game before it is played. :(;)

eeb: you've sue got a good point there....grim...but good...and mighty funny

Carnac

Reaction Score
According to the ESPN app, all NCAA Tournament games this weekend are available on ESPN3.

I sure hope so. I’d like to watch the UConn game in its entirety. :D

Reaction Score
It is going to be whip-around coverage so I'm not sure how much of the UCONN Game we will be able to see!
No whip around in Connecticut. As in year's past we should be able to see the whole thing.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I stream from my chromebook directly to the 65"....use "mirror" command...

Great way to access almost anything ESPN3
SHow off!

Reaction Score
Access watchESPN via Chrome. Cast to 47" plasma using Roku stick. No problems recently. Moderate modem speed.

Reaction Score
Anyone else finding the ESPN app game stream not to be "smooth"? (for lack of a better word)

Carnac

Reaction Score

I just checked a moment ago. Looked at two games currently going on, we're good!! ESPN3 on your computer or TV if can get it there is the way to go. These feeds are FREE!!!! That's a relief. I don't like whip-a-round coverage when I'm trying to watch UConn play. :)

Reaction Score
Anyone else finding the ESPN app game stream not to be "smooth"? (for lack of a better word)

Smooth may be a function of how many MBPS your wireless is operating at....

I test speed daily...at 40 MBPS, there is no buffering or flutter.

Reaction Score
Smooth may be a function of how many MBPS your wireless is operating at....

I test speed daily...at 40 MBPS, there is no buffering or flutter.

That's the word I'm looking for...thanks. Just checked my wireless download speed on the ROKU, it's good, I'm getting 57 Mbps. I never saw this "flutter" as you call it (it's almost like stop action play...the commentators voice are good) Just noticed it today on the ESPN App. On the YoutTube TV, which is also wireless...not a problem. When UConn plays I'll switch to YouTube TV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom