Bracket with TV Times. UConn Friday 6:30 PM | The Boneyard

Bracket with TV Times. UConn Friday 6:30 PM

Reaction Score
If you live outside of Connecticut probably. I think you can watch the whole game on ESPN+ though.
I was hoping for ESPN3 but now that you mention it, I am guessing that I will have to pay (ESPN+) to see the UConn games especially because WCBB has such a huge following :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Why is it that ESPN royally f-ed this up... as in, I've been looking forward to this reveal for months and then was out grabbing a drink after work before heading home for the long awaited reveal, but it was ruined, and yet there seems to be no way to post comments on any of the espn articles? I dealt with crazy HS parents attacking me for things totally unrelated to my performance or teaching... and it was all cool because I specifically took this late afternoon and evening off from work and work performance for the reveal show... and ruined.... and no way to even express my opinion.... this leaves me sad, annoyed, betrayed, discouraged, angry, etc.... I should be able to post espn comments to express as such... so so so annoyed and disappointed.

Reaction Score
According to the ESPN3 schedule, several early games are on both/either? the 3 or ESPN2. In the past, I have been able to see games scheduled for the 2 on the 3. It's possible we may be able to choose which of the ESPNs we'd prefer to watch. Of course the difference here is between watching on-line and watching the telly--but anything to avoid wrap-arounds . . .

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Isn't that awful? They might as well not even show it.

Are you going to Charlotte? They did a good job in having the game time that early in the afternooon..... it would have been brutal for a evening tipoff.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If you have Directv you can subscribe to ESPN Full Court and in past years they've televised all the games on Chs. 788-795. I suppose you can subscribe and then cancel it the following month.

Reaction Score
According to the ESPN3 schedule, several early games are on both/either? the 3 or ESPN2. In the past, I have been able to see games scheduled for the 2 on the 3. It's possible we may be able to choose which of the ESPNs we'd prefer to watch. Of course the difference here is between watching on-line and watching the telly--but anything to avoid wrap-arounds . . .
If you are watching ESPN3 online content on a small computer screen, and you don't already have a smart TV, Roku, Apple TV, or whatever streaming stick, you need to spend $15 for an HDMI cable or, much better, $35 for a Chromecast device.

https://store.google.com/us/product/chromecast?hl=en-US

Reaction Score
Yup, it looked to me like each game listed in the ESPN app's schedule is available on ESPN2 as part of the wrap-around coverage AND on ESPN3 for full coverage of that game.
So, at 7PM on Friday, there will be 4 games on the wrap-around and each of the individual games will be on ESPN3 .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
One thing I have to say about these start times:

I would normally consider UCLA a clear favorite over Tennessee, but a 1pm ET start time is tough for a West Coast team.

Hopefully the Bruins can get themselves to Maryland ASAP to start acclimating to the time change.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

I would normally consider UCLA a clear favorite over Tennessee, but a 1pm ET start time is tough for a West Coast team.

Hopefully the Bruins can get themselves to Maryland ASAP to start acclimating to the time change.

Question, lets say UCLA beats Tenn and Md, do they go back to west coast or stay on the east coast to head to Albany. Either way makes them a tired team. Let them be tired coming into Albany to play UConn

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If you're in CT - you'll get the entire UConn game on ESPN2, even if UConn's up 900 points.

If you're elsewhere - if you only want to watch the UConn game, you can pick the UConn game on ESPN3 (not ESPN+) and it won't switch away.

If you're somewhere else - you'll get the UConn game, but there's a chance when they go up 900 points, they switch to something more competitive.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Question, lets say UCLA beats Tenn and Md, do they go back to west coast or stay on the east coast to head to Albany. Either way makes them a tired team. Let them be tired coming into Albany to play UConn
Can go either way. I remember Washington in a similar situation in 2016 (between their 2nd round game at Maryland and the regional round in Lexington) decided to go home for one night:

Washington women’s team relishing NCAA tourney run to Sweet 16

Reaction Score

Coach Close doesn't see it this way because the Bruins practice in the morning. UCLA team members have finals on Thursday morning and then flying Thursday afternoon.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Coach Close doesn't see it this way because the Bruins practice in the morning. UCLA team members have finals on Thursday morning and then flying Thursday afternoon.
Seriously? Flying "Thursday afternoon" with the time change means a late-night arrival in Maryland. Probably only ~36 hours before game time?

And to me there's a big difference between a morning practice and a morning game. Energy is totally different.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
It looks to me that the overlapping coverage with UConn, which starts at 6.30pm EDT is SC vs Clemson at 7pm, ASU vs UCF at 7pm and Texas vs Indiana also at 7 pm.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Are you going to Charlotte? They did a good job in having the game time that early in the afternooon..... it would have been brutal for a evening tipoff.

Yes, I ordered my tickets last month. I'll also go to GSO if we advance.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Lefty Driessell needs to make it to that game since he said he was going to turn Maryland into the UCLA of the east.

Reaction Score
If you are watching ESPN3 online content on a small computer screen, and you don't already have a smart TV, Roku, Apple TV, or whatever streaming stick, you need to spend $15 for an HDMI cable or, much better, $35 for a Chromecast device.

https://store.google.com/us/product/chromecast?hl=en-US

Right. That's why I have a 27" monitor. I can see the action much better close up, and I like to watch streaming videos with my wireless headphones so I can use captions. Also, I don't disturb anyone by raising the volume to an annoying level. Captions are good even for English language programs for understanding some regional dialects. Given the choice, I would watch everything on my monitor. The joys of aging . . .

Reaction Score
I stream from my chromebook directly to the 65"....use "mirror" command...

Great way to access almost anything ESPN3

Reaction Score
It looks to me that the overlapping coverage with UConn, which starts at 6.30pm EDT is SC vs Clemson at 7pm, ASU vs UCF at 7pm and Texas vs Indiana also at 7 pm.
The ESPN app lists those 3 games plus the UConn game all starting at 7 with a "studio" show at 6:30PM.

@ochoopsfan I think that this is what you posted but I was just making sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom