Bracket to be Announced 5 PM on ESPN2 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bracket to be Announced 5 PM on ESPN2

Reaction Score
If teams hold to their seedings, UCONN will need to defeat Maryland, Louisville, Notre Dame, and Baylor to win the championship.
Maryland: Hot knife through butter (piranhas on a roast?)
Louisville: I think we got this.
Notre Dame: Been there, done that (18 points)
Baylor: We are 11-0 in NC games - no stopping the freight train at this point.

Reaction Score
Reading this thread is making me more pi$$ed off at ESPN than anything else. The least ESPN could have done, for the 7pm viewers...make it look like you're just revealing the 64 teams...don't show the other regions on left side banner of screen, as soon as you reveal the Albany region. Head bang

Reaction Score
Reading this thread is making me more pi$$ed off at ESPN than anything else. The least ESPN could have done, for the 7pm viewers...make it look like you're just revealing the 64 teams...don't show the other regions on left side banner of screen, as soon as you reveal the Albany region. Head bang
I guess ESPN was thinking that everyone was on the internet and heard the news.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score

I agree 100%. Some of us were occupied this afternoon and did not know ESPN was going to screw things up and reveal the brackets two hours early.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
This draw is about what I expected, more or less. I figured the Round of Eight was going to be Mississippi State or Louisville.

Happy that MSU and Baylor are on the other side of the draw. Two teams we do not match up with well.

For what it is worth, Maryland was in Bridgeport two years ago for the Round of Sixteen against Oregon and Brenda did not have her team ready to play. UConn also routed Maryland last year. I don’t know if Oregon State would be better for UConn or worse, but I’m fine with Maryland. So bottom line, being a two seed is not a big deal IMO. A bit of trivia, Slocum was on Maryland then, OSU now.

Getting good vibes from Lou and everyone else is healthy, unlike last year when Lou, Gabby and CD were all dealing with various injuries. Peaking at the right time, I think. This weekend will hopefully confirm that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thank you (seriously).
I also believe that Lee Harvey Oswald was not the lone assassin of JFK, so...
Hey, I’ve been to Dallas. Been in the Depository, it’s a museum.

Since I was alone in the joint at the time and all there was was a velvet theater rope in front of the window I stepped over and actually crouched down in Oswald’s window to get the actual view.

Believe me ——

COOMBS could have made that shot !!!!!

Reaction Score
If you want to BE the best, you have to beat the best...

Bingo. And, we don't have beat all four. Presumably, 1 and 4 or 3 and 4 will have taken each other out. Perhaps 2 of four, but not 3 of 4.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Thats terrible. Head bang I recall in 2015 they had the Duke women and Duke men playing on a Friday......... the women played maybe at around 12 or 1pm.... and the men played in Charlotte at maybe 7pm. Thats ok for fans watching on TV..... but i know that was difficult for fans who wanted to attend both games.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NCAA/ESPN just posted an apology for mistakenly releasing brackets early. Hey, we're used to ESPN screwing things up so what else is new? Just wait until they screw up the so called "whip-around" overage like they usually do. Shouldn't happen with all the internet feeds available but they will find a way.

Their "whip-around" coverage is a joke. They don't whip us around to the most compelling action; they stick with a blowout game and make us keep up with the other games by either checking the scores in a box at the top of the screen or forcing us to monitor other games on the computer.

Sadly...ESPN is the only one contractually obligated to show the games, and they do a generally poor job of using their monopoly. I wish Fox Sports or some of the other regional networks could at least show the first two rounds to get us more coverage of more teams in the opening rounds.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So here’s a bizarre thought to ponder. The committee used some tortured logic to explain what they did. Here’s my radical suggestion. The committee wants very badly to support ESPN and promote WBB by setting up 2 markee matchups in the FF.

By making MS St the overall #4 seed, they set up a potential matchup between McGowan & Brown in one national semifinal. They also keep MS St out of UConn’s region, because 1) they want UConn in the FF and 2) they believe MS St is a bad matchup for UConn.

If they had dropped MS St to a 2 seed, they would have had to send Louisville out west and MS St to Albany. They don’t get a potential Baylor-MS St matchup and, if MS St beats UConn, they don’t get UConn-ND either.

The other FF matchup that the Committee and ESPN want is UConn vs ND. While both schools have tough matchups, ND and UConn have to be strong favorites in Chicago & Albany respectively.

I know this sounds a bit Machiavellian, but after listening to the Chairperson’s nonsensical answers to questions posed by the ESPN crew, I began to think there must be some other underlying reason.

Any thoughts?

Reaction Score
Their "whip-around" coverage is a joke. They don't whip us around to the most compelling action; they stick with a blowout game and make us keep up with the other games by either checking the scores in a box at the top of the screen or forcing us to monitor other games on the computer.

Sadly...ESPN is the only one contractually obligated to show the games, and they do a generally poor job of using their monopoly. I wish Fox Sports or some of the other regional networks could at least show the first two rounds to get us more coverage of more teams in the opening rounds.
I could careless about their whip around coverage because all the games are on the WatchESPN app anyway

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Who knows what will happen, but I do remember when UConn was a #2 a while back....
And this player told everyone where we would be AFTER the tournament.

taurasi.jpg

Reaction Score
I just have a need to also express my frustration with ESPN. I did not know at 7:00 the brackets had been leaked. I arrived at the tv in time to see Louisville was 1 seed in Albany. HUH? Then noticed the side bar and scroll where all the other info was scrolling and the talk was acting like everyone knew already. Ruined an evening for me.Just very upset.Once i saw UConn was a 2 in Albany it didn't seem so bad.

Reaction Score
I am an old fart who doesn't like watching games on a small screen like a phone.

Do you have a "smart TV with Apps?" or a Roku or any other streaming devices connected to your TV set? If so, you can have it all by installing the ESPN App on these devices and watch the games on the BIG screen.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, during the "early" ESPN reveal screw up, where the on air hosts also in studio or only at the 7pm reveal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom