Bracket to be Announced 5 PM on ESPN2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracket to be Announced 5 PM on ESPN2

Reaction Score
but what about the eye test? you gonna kill UCONN for being in a conference they have no control in.

its BS. i actually think this conference do have potential, its just gonna take time. i like what UCF is doing, you know USF will be back, we just need a couple of more teams to get better

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It's this garbage conference we're in. We had zero bad losses and smoked one of the teams that's a 1-seed on their home court.
UConn also had the misfortune of having a lot of traditional top 25 teams on their schedule stumble this year. Depaul, USF, Oklahoma, tOSU and Cal all dropped out of the top 25 this season hurting UConn’s SOS.

Reaction Score
Why bother changing the time I get home from work start reading boneyard and show is three quarters over I actually wanted to see the talking heads

Reaction Score
UConn also had the misfortune of having a lot of traditional top 25 teams on their schedule stumble this year. Depaul, USF, Oklahoma, tOSU and Cal all dropped out of the top 25 this season hurting UConn’s SOS.

Mississippi State had Virginia and Texas on the schedule as well, and both had less than expected seasons. I get it when people say UConn had a better SOS than MSU. Y'all played ND, Baylor and South Carolina. Best team we played was Oregon and lost to them in Eugene. I also agree that UConn would be better served in a different conference. I know that's not something that you just snap your fingers and it happens.

Reaction Score
She also mentioned "Down the stretch" which is really BS in regard to UCONN. If "Down the stretch" is a big deal why is TENN in?
Absolutely... saying that "down the stretch" caused them to move UCONN off 1 line and keep Louisville there... ummm UCONN was dominant through the AAC tourney... and Louisville not so much.

But, Geno says... play who we're told to play.

Reaction Score
Tell me that there isn't a little something in you that wants to play UT in the Elite 8...

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Tell me that there isn't a little something in you that wants to play UT in the Elite 8...

That's if Tennessee can get that far. Don't hold your breath.

Reaction Score
Is anyone going to compare Charlie's final brackets with the real one????? Is anyone else curious about that?

Reaction Score
Why not? This conference is not respected by anyone no matter how many times they show that Pow6r commercial.
Exactly, this season gave the Committee the perfect opportunity to insure (or is it ensure???) that all 4 #1 seeds were from the POWER 5 Conferences even though 2 of those conferences were actually more like Powerless Conferences this year. And because of them being the Power 5 Conferences, every team is eligible to be selected for the Tournament with no need for justification!!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The chairwoman’s description of why UConn is a 2 seed doesn’t pass the smell test.

Of course not. The chair also said that MSST's wins over Tennessee, Arkansas and South Carolina in the SEC Tournament elevated them to a one seed. BS excuse at best. So the SEC gets preferential treatment. Its the P5 versus G5 crap that has invaded college sports.

Now for a little play on words. NCAA selection committee screwed the pooch. The Big Dog is going to come back and bite you in your gluteus maximus.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So it was James Madison who took Princeton's place in the "first 4 out" after Princeton took the auto bid:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just got in thinking the bracket show was 7PM. I knew already about the debacle in the afternoon but kept away from news sources to try to get some level of surprise. Than I find out 5PM. My question is.

Did they switch from 7 to 5 because of the screw up ? Was any reason given
for messing up the WCBB 2 times in one day?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom