bourbon and such | Page 4 | The Boneyard

bourbon and such

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
if you get a chance to try Garrison Brothers bourbon you won't regret it. My son bought me a bottle for Christmas, it is outstanding. From Texas 1st legal distillery.

Quite universally regarded as swill but I I have not yet tried it myself. Hudson Baby Bourbon also in the swill category. As is Few from the Midwest. I can say that while I like Mad River in Vermont, their refusal to age in full sized barrels gives it that distinctive cardboard quality. Shanahans is ok.

Craft US whiskey can do some great things. But most of them are not.

Reaction Score
Quite universally regarded as swill but I I have not yet tried it myself. Hudson Baby Bourbon also in the swill category. As is Few from the Midwest. I can say that while I like Mad River in Vermont, their refusal to age in full sized barrels gives it that distinctive cardboard quality. Shanahans is ok.

Craft US whiskey can do some great things. But most of them are not.
I beg to differ. This bourbon gets high scores in most reviews. Easy enough to google reviews and then tell me how you came to the conclusion this is universally regarded as swill. I do think you have a good palate for bourbon based on your posts. So if do try Garrison Brothers then let me know what you think.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I beg to differ. This bourbon gets high scores in most reviews. Easy enough to google reviews and then tell me how you came to the conclusion this is universally regarded as swill. I do think you have a good palate for bourbon based on your posts. So if do try Garrison Brothers then let me know what you think.

Apologies for that post, I was about to delete it as needlessly obnoxious. I think mostly the reviews for Garrison early on reflected what was, like most young craft not aged properly in full sized barrels, probably not a great product. But some years have passed, and many have upped their game. The Cowboy from them gets good marks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom