Bouknights NBA stock | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouknights NBA stock

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
If JB left after this year he could be a major bust. He is not even close mentally, physically or developmentally for the next level. It would be professional malpractice to advise him to leave even if he continues to average 20 ppg the rest of the season in the AAC.

His jump from Frosh to Soph year with hard work could set him up for life. He is averaging almost twice as many turnovers as assists. Bouk strikes the fear in no one from 3 pt range. His ceiling his HIGH and his motor is LOW. No player in college basketball would benefit more from another year than Bouknight.

I understand this opinion will go beyond mere water balloons being tossed at me and take the form more of blue and white bullets but...
This is accurate but omits the fact that he wouldn't be taken if he did actually declare.

Reaction Score
Times are different now than they were when Donyell, Rip, Ray and Kemba left early. The NBA has been building up the g-league. Increasing g-league salaries to $7000/month. A player having a breakout season could potentially be in the NBA a half season earlier.

Reaction Score
Times are different now than they were when Donyell, Rip, Ray and Kemba left early. The NBA has been building up the g-league. Increasing g-league salaries to $7000/month. A player having a breakout season could potentially be in the NBA a half season earlier.

yes, and nba coaches execs and scouts believe they can develop young players better than colleges. It’s probably true in many cases and not true in others. but what you don’t get in the G League (yet) is experience playing in important games under the bright lights. I think a season of that next year is important for James in the big East.

Reaction Score
Realized today that Akok and Bouk likely won't play together again in a UConn uniform. I am sad.
Don't give up on Akok coming back next year just yet. We'll see how his rehab goes but there's a chance he plays next season based on a lot of others who came back within that time frame.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bouk is a very talented offensive player who is not built to last a half season in the NBA
Lets get serious about this whole crazy talk - there is zero chance he will not come back next year unless he transfers or quits school
There is a less than 50% chance he leaves after next year unless he gains meaningful muscle and works on his foot skills and handle
He will be, if he does the right things, be a lottery pick the summer following his junior year.
Four or five consecutive good games does not make a freshman a lottery pick
I love the young mans game and thrilled he wears a UConn uniform but this thread is the epitome of ridiculous

Reaction Score
Bouk is a very talented offensive player who is not built to last a half season in the NBA
Lets get serious about this whole crazy talk - there is zero chance he will not come back next year unless he transfers or quits school
There is a less than 50% chance he leaves after next year unless he gains meaningful muscle and works on his foot skills and handle
He will be, if he does the right things, be a lottery pick the summer following his junior year.
I love the young mans game and thrilled he wears a UConn uniform but this thread is the epitome of ridiculous
There isn't a single person who said he'll be a lottery pick this summer but keep doing you.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Face of the program. He’s not leaving until we’re on solid footing. He has bigger goals than just making the league.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Face of the program. He’s not leaving until we’re on solid footing. He has bigger goals than just making the league.
First sentence has a whiff of reality, except for Coach Hurley himself as the obvious "face of the program". Last two seem like wishful thinking to me.

Reaction Score
There was similar (maybe more) euphoria and worrying about JB leaving early after the Charleston Classic but there's also a lot of great players around the country (and the world) that will definitely be in this year's draft crop.

He'd have to be considered one of the best 30 or so players in the world to be a first round pick this year and if he's getting good advice he's not going if there's any possibility he'd end up in round 2.

Reaction Score
Bouk needs to work on his shooting for sure and his bulk a bit. I assume NBA feedback will be check back next year. I think he could work way to 1st rounder next year with stud like season.

Reaction Score
Call it a victory lap, but when I suggested Bouknight "could" leave for the draft, people said I was crazy. He's not far off at this point, as much as everyone wants him too, or thinks it's in his best interest to stay.

That being said, at this point I expect him to test the waters and return. But that will change if he continues on his hot streak.

I hate when idiots start talking about freshmen leaving for the NBA. Makes no sense .

Reaction Score

Bouknight needs to get stronger, better and more consistent for sure. But the NBA has changed and the thought process of GM’s has changed. Some guys aren’t lottery picks simply because they are juniors or seniors. GM’s don’t want to draft 21 and 22 year olds in the first round. He’s a 2 and done guy.

Reaction Score
Never thought it’s as far fetched as those who think he needs 3 years

I think it's more that we are hoping we get 3 years, rather than Bouk needing 3 years.

Ray and Rip could've left after their sophomore years, hopefully Bouk does the same and gives us 3 years because that 2021/22 team could finish with <5 losses on the year.

No matter what year he leaves having NBA alums is always a positive for the program, I just selfishly hope he sticks around for 3 years.

Reaction Score
I hate when idiots start talking about freshmen leaving for the NBA. Makes no sense .
Idiots? I don’t even know what this post means. What about Anthony Edwards? Now we can debate whether James is ready or not but if he averages around 20 the rest of the season scouts will take notice. As of now I think he’s here for one more year.

Reaction Score
Putting my heart aside.
I could see if he went pro that he would be a perfect fit for a team late in 1st round. He's young and talented. A steal in that scenario.

A good team that doesn't need him year 1.
That said I think he gets NBA feedback and comes back.

Reaction Score
If JB left after this year he could be a major bust. He is not even close mentally, physically or developmentally for the next level. It would be professional malpractice to advise him to leave even if he continues to average 20 ppg the rest of the season in the AAC.

His jump from Frosh to Soph year with hard work could set him up for life. He is averaging almost twice as many turnovers as assists. Bouk strikes the fear in no one from 3 pt range. His ceiling his HIGH and his motor is LOW. No player in college basketball would benefit more from another year than Bouknight.

I understand this opinion will go beyond mere water balloons being tossed at me and take the form more of blue and white bullets but...

It might not be in his best interest to leave after this year, but I doubt a kid with this much ability would ever be a "major bust". And his motor has improved significantly over the past month or so. He certainly can benefit himself by getting stronger, and I think it's in his best interest to return for a second year, but the low motor tag doesn't fit anymore. Watch the second half highlights from the Memphis game for example. The kid is constantly cutting and looking to get open now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Putting my heart aside.
I could see if he went pro that he would be a perfect fit for a team late in 1st round. He's young and talented. A steal in that scenario.

A good team that doesn't need him year 1.
That said I think he gets NBA feedback and comes back.
Yea, I think you're right. I think its safe to expect his scoring production will continue at a very high level for the rest of the season, for a few different reasons:
  1. There's essentially unlimited minutes available due to injuries
  2. Our schedule is relatively soft the rest of the regular season
  3. He's shown both improved shooting and the ability to put up points when his shot isn't falling
I bet he averages close to 20 points per game the rest of the way. He could certainly have another dud or two, but he's going to have at least a few huge games as well. Teams that haven't taken notice yet will.

Reaction Score
He’s got more work to do to take full advantage of his potential. Next year will be big, but if he’s a competitive kid with a mission to win, he might stick it out for another year. If you’re hyper talented and playing on a squad going nowhere it’s a lot easier to jump ship. If you think you got the goods to bring your team to the final 4 with some teammates you love, I think you might think twice.

Reaction Score
He’s got more work to do to take full advantage of his potential. Next year will be big, but if he’s a competitive kid with a mission to win, he might stick it out for another year. If you’re hyper talented and playing on a squad going nowhere it’s a lot easier to jump ship. If you think you got the goods to bring your team to the final 4 with some teammates you love, I think you might think twice.
Chance of a deep tourney run vs $$$$. TBH I think most take the $$$$. Plus JB has witnessed two devastating non-contact injuries that could concern him or at least his advisors

Reaction Score
The plan was always 2 years and done. That was what was sold to JB by Hurley and nothing has changed that. He will get feedback this summer, as he should, and return for a much anticipated sophomore season.

Reaction Score
I agree with all the two year projections.
Time playing and practicing improves his small amount of shortcomings.
His physical ability which is eye-popping, may have an NBA team bring him in early to develop him at their expense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom