Bouknight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So you can post in the haiku thread again now, right?
Mmmm, it is grey area. 2 point overtime loss to the #9 team, probably isn't enough.

The mojo is a complicated thing.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Mmmm, it is grey area. 2 point overtime loss to the #9 team, probably isn't enough.

The mojo is a complicated thing.

Hmmmm... Is it though?

CL82

Reaction Score
Hmmmm... Is it though?
It is. You can't substitute some trendy condiment for ketchup and expect it work properly.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It is. You can't substitute some trendy condiment for ketchup and expect it work properly.

what about wings? Does it matter what sauce is on them?

Reaction Score
Does stuff in games that other guys can't do in practice. Nobody else comes close. Amazing ability. It would have been so nice to get a full season from him this year.
He was brilliant for about 37-38 minutes but had 3 brutal possessions in the final 2 minutes or so and was hoping for him to step up in OT but was kind of quiet during those 5. Still, overall, if this is a preview of what to expect, he will carry this team to quite a few wins. Just need him to take that 38 minutes and continue that play in crunch time moving forward.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
He was brilliant for 38 minutes but had 3 brutal possessions in the final 2 minutes and was hoping for him to step up in OT. Still, overall, if this is a preview of what to expect, he will carry this team to quite a few wins. Just need him to take that 38 minutes and continue that play in crunch time moving forward.

Its gonna get harder for him. Teams are going to sell out hard on him this year. Hes not a secret any longer. Others are going to have to step up with some offensive efficiency when they get the chance. And Hurley needs to plan for how to exploit Bouknight triple teams.

CL82

Reaction Score
what about wings? Does it matter what sauce is on them?
For me? No. But as you know, if you think it affects the mojo, it does.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Its gonna get harder for him. Teams are going to sell out hard on him this year. Hes not a secret any longer. Others are going to have to step up with some offensive efficiency when they get the chance. And Hurley needs to plan for how to exploit Bouknight triple teams.

Easiest way to do this is have a wing flash from the opposite side to the foul line when the triple team comes. Only requires a short pass from the PnR and allows the player at the foul line to catch, turn and decide what to do.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Bouknight for some reason has a rep as a bad passer on these nba scouting reports but he’s a phenomal passer? The team around him just isn’t making shots. Here’s a good example. He leads his man to the open spot with a pass, his man misses a wide open shot.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
He's so fun to watch and still has a way to go to reach his ceiling. Maybe somewhat of a hot take, but I'm hard pressed to think of another UConn player as skilled as James. Ray maybe? We've had a lot of greats but I can't think of anyone like Bouknight.

Reaction Score
Bouknight for some reason has a rep as a bad passer on these nba scouting reports but he’s a phenomal passer? The team around him just isn’t making shots. Here’s a good example. He leads his man to the open spot with a pass, his man misses a wide open shot.

The reason why he has a reputation as a bad passer on NBA scouting reports is that he is not a good passer. I wouldn't say he is a liability, he just isn't good. He's wired to score and asked to score, so he does. A lot.

He doesn't see tough passes that haven't been coached to him in a way that guys like Shabazz, Marcus Williams, Taliek or Ollie would. Even Ben Gordon and a couple other our SGs over the years. Yesterday's dropped pass to Whaley (?) was one of just a few passes from Bouk where I thought "wow, he just made something out of nothing."

Some of our other talented SGs were just naturally better passers. Bouk really profiles a lot like a young Ray Allen at the college level. Excellent rebounding at his size, but not a natural passer. Obviously Ray was more of a sniper vs Bouk a shot creator, but you get the idea.

All of these are per 40:

Effortless James Year 1:
2.0 AST
2.8 TO

Effortless James Year 2:
1.8 AST
3.2 TO

Ray Allen Year 1:
2.6 AST
2.6 TO

Ray Allen Year 2:
2.9 AST
2.4 TO

Rip Hamilton Year 1:
3.6 AST
3.9 TO

Rip Hamilton Year 2:
2.9 AST
2.8 TO

Ben Gordon Year 1:
5.0 AST
3.8 TO

Ben Gordon Year 2:
5.7 AST
4.1 TO

UconnU

Reaction Score
up to #10 on Tankathon’s updated mock today, as well
I’ll live with Cade and Jalen drafted ahead of him at guard but BJ Boston? The kid can’t shoot.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I’ll live with Cade and Jalen drafted ahead of him at guard but BJ Boston? The kid can’t shoot.

Agreed, if Boston keeps playing like this I don’t know how you pick him in the lottery. I know he has a great high school pedigree, but he’s 5/29 from 3. Tankathon took Terrance Clarke off their 1st round mock - not sure why Boston has such a long leash.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Honestly, this team needs to step it up around him. If we go on a tear and finish Top 10 in the country + a deep tournament run, he’ll be drafted well inside the Top 10. He’s good enough by himself to be drafted in the lottery. He’ll need his teammates to move up the draft board.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Easiest way to do this is have a wing flash from the opposite side to the foul line when the triple team comes. Only requires a short pass from the PnR and allows the player at the foul line to catch, turn and decide what to do.

Andre Jackson is the perfect player to get that pass at the foul line too, especially if he can become a shooting threat, even midrange. His vision, size and ability to drive would create problems for any defense. Big reason why I think he should be getting more of Adams’ minutes.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Agreed, if Boston keeps playing like this I don’t know how you pick him in the lottery. I know he has a great high school pedigree, but he’s 5/29 from 3. Tankathon took Terrance Clarke off their 1st round mock - not sure why Boston has such a long leash.
Unfortunately this draft class is going to be absolutely stacked it will have 6-7 kids who could have gone number 1 this year. I believe Bouknight will be top 10 though. A GM will fall in love, I could see a team moving up for him.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Unfortunately this draft class is going to be absolutely stacked it will have 6-7 kids who could have gone number 1 this year. I believe Bouknight will be top 10 though. A GM will fall in love, I could see a team moving up for him.

For me, there are 5 guys as of now that I think are #1 worthy in any given year in Cunningham, Suggs, Mobley, Green and Kuminga. Can certainly see the arguments to put a few other guys in that tier as well. So I think there’s a pretty hard ceiling on Bouk’s draft position, but I’ll be thrilled if he goes anywhere in the lottery. His current mock to Memphis at #10 would be such a fun fit.

Reaction Score

he’s a young kid on an immature cal team. from what i’ve seen in high school and glimpses @ kentucky , he’s got ingram’s skill set. and remember brandon ingram was considered a bust his rookie season?

UconnU

Reaction Score
he’s a young kid on an immature cal team. from what i’ve seen in high school and glimpses @ kentucky , he’s got ingram’s skill set. and remember brandon ingram was considered a bust his rookie season?
I just don’t trust that he’ll be able to do the things he did in high school at higher levels. For example he used his length really well in high school in the league everyone is as long as he is. He can’t get separation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom