Bouknight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
We need some good mojo for the board and the team. Bouknight is amazing and we will get to watch him do incredible things with UConn and in the NBA. That being said, what a gut wrenching loss..

I felt the team cruising and was confident they would make the gritty plays down the stretch to win. The refs gave us a couple calls, which then seemed to be made up the other way. The game seemed nearly locked up, though. Then, my good friend, who’s a Creighton/Huskers fan, sent a text to our group chat saying, “that’s a nice win.” It was a 3 point game with 39 seconds left. Doomed.. I should’ve stopped watching right then.

I tried to sway the mojo but I couldn’t really settle back in. Whaley fouls out.. Hurley plays an all guard lineup that gives up an easy layup... then we fail to get the inbound to Bouknight(seriously??). Didn’t feel at all confident about Cole’s second free throw after he missed the first. His confidence looked shot.

36 points and a win would’ve been much better than 40 and a L.. You find any way possible to inbound that ball to Bouknight.

This team can be so good! It’s really frustrating to even consider the possibility of not seeing them figure it out together over the course of this season because of what’s going on in the world. It blows and so does Covid.

Jackson made an entry pass that literally made me say wow. The stoppages and the lack of games are limiting his opportunity to grow his game and it’s the same with our entire team.

We’ve got to give the situation, and the program as a whole, all the winning mojo we can muster.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
"We knew not the entire team can score like he can," Bishop said. "So, by making him beat us by himself, that's what you've gotta do."

They really are claiming “oh we let him score 40 because we knew no one else could score???” No one is allowed to say no one else can score but us!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Bouk now average 24/5.8/1.5 on the season. 49% from the field, 38% from 3, and 78% from the line on 6.8 attempts. Good grief
This was the first game I saw him getting some calls his way on drives. Still think they missed one in the final minute of reg when he left a floater a couple feet short. If he keeps getting a good whistle throughout BE play he’ll average over 20 ppg maybe near 25 ppg.

He gets a lot of comps to Rip and Ray and Lamb but I think his best comp is Jalen Adams fully realized.

Reaction Score
This was the first game I saw him getting some calls his way on drives. Still think they missed one in the final minute of reg when he left a floater a couple feet short. If he keeps getting a good whistle throughout BE play he’ll average over 20 ppg maybe near 25 ppg.

He gets a lot of comps to Rip and Ray and Lamb but I think his best comp is Jalen Adams fully realized.

Not nearly as good of a passer as Jalen. But I get your drift... as a scorer he has the ability to finish Jalen never really figured out. Even last season in the G-League Jalen is always contorting himself to finish aroudn defense instead of embracing and finishing through contact. For whatever reason, that never clicked for him.

Him making reads running off screens was definitely Ray/Rip-esque though. Just a little bit more of an on-ball shot creator than either of them was. Bouk also isn't half the defender, but he's definitely making strides.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not nearly as good of a passer as Jalen. But I get your drift... as a scorer he has the ability to finish Jalen never really figured out. Even last season in the G-League Jalen is always contorting himself to finish aroudn defense instead of embracing and finishing through contact. For whatever reason, that never clicked for him.

Him making reads running off screens was definitely Ray/Rip-esque though. Just a little bit more of an on-ball shot creator than either of them was. Bouk also isn't half the defender, but he's definitely making strides.

Bouk isn’t afraid of contact. I sometimes wonder if he’s going to get killed out there. Jalen had acrobatic moves to avoid contact, which left him unable to finish. He also wasn’t nearly as athletic or as quick a jumper.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No, he needs to go pro at the end of the season....don't want to see him at UConn next year, he's a lottery pick.
I'd love to have him back another season, but I don't see it happening either.

Reaction Score
Bouk isn’t afraid of contact. I sometimes wonder if he’s going to get killed out there. Jalen had acrobatic moves to avoid contact, which left him unable to finish. He also wasn’t nearly as athletic or as quick a jumper.
Bouknight is so much better than Adams that they shouldn't even be mentioned with each other. Jalen Adams is the most contacts averse player I ever saw at UConn, it used to drive me nuts.

I don't see any UConn comparison for him, you have to look towards a couple of NBA players for that.

CL82

Reaction Score
Agree on all points. My point was more related to the timing.

I’m superstitious.
Same. Only about sports though, and especially about UConn sports.

CL82

Reaction Score
They really are claiming “oh we let him score 40 because we knew no one else could score???” No one is allowed to say no one else can score but us!
1608562806863.png

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Same. Only about sports though, and especially about UConn sports.
So you can post in the haiku thread again now, right?

Reaction Score
Bouknight is so much better than Adams that they shouldn't even be mentioned with each other. Jalen Adams is the most contacts averse player I ever saw at UConn, it used to drive me nuts.

I don't see any UConn comparison for him, you have to look towards a couple of NBA players for that.

Closest is Rip but he shoots less.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I thought bouk played wonderful defense yesterday. The kid is putting out on both ends. Totally love and respect how hard he is working on his complete game and not just resting on “ I’m the scorer” . Speaks to his character. What a crime it is that this is a fakakta season.

Reaction Score
The NBA will always be there, God willing he doesn’t get injured. But injury is always a possibility. He could get injured in his first NBA game. He should just do what is best for him and not feel rushed. You only get these college years once in life. Sometimes I even look back and wish I could be in college again. The NBA on the other hand is there waiting for him whether he is 20 years old or 22 years old.

College will always be there. If he gets injured in his first NBA game he still made a load of money that he can use part of to go back and get a degree. He could get injured in college and never get that pay day.

Reaction Score
I thought bouk played wonderful defense yesterday. The kid is putting out on both ends. Totally love and respect how hard he is working on his complete game and not just resting on “ I’m the scorer” . Speaks to his character. What a crime it is that this is a fakakta season.
I agree He played so hard at both ends. I think it caught up to him at the end of regulation thru ot.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

It was also because Jalen never developed his left hand. He contorted himself on layups so he could finish with his right hand.

Reaction Score
I'm still trying to figure out how he made that floating reverse layup...seemed like there was no logical way he could get from where he took off on the left side all the way over to right side of the rim. But yet he did it, and made it look pretty effortless.

Special talent & athletic abilities!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I'm still trying to figure out how he made that floating reverse layup...seemed like there was no logical way he could get from where he took off on the left side all the way over to right side of the rim. But yet he did it, and made it look pretty effortless.

Special talent & athletic abilities!
Or that and-one where he had the ball on the hip and spun it in. How in the hell did that go in!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom