Bouknight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it’s only been the first Big East game but are you seriously telling me he wasn’t voted first team all Big East? unless something stupid happens u probably got a figure he’s top 2-3 in line for big East player of the year. There’s five guys in the big East better than him ?lolololo I almost spit out my Heineken - please. OK back to nfl red zone - till later fellas

Reaction Score
Scored 40. He has some learning still to do about the endgame, but wait til you see what he does against Nova.
We saw him last year. We defended him well.

He is an exciting player, just went cold at the end.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
No, he needs to go pro at the end of the season....don't want to see him at UConn next year, he's a lottery pick.

The NBA will always be there, God willing he doesn’t get injured. But injury is always a possibility. He could get injured in his first NBA game. He should just do what is best for him and not feel rushed. You only get these college years once in life. Sometimes I even look back and wish I could be in college again. The NBA on the other hand is there waiting for him whether he is 20 years old or 22 years old.

Reaction Score
The NBA will always be there, God willing he doesn’t get injured. But injury is always a possibility. He could get injured in his first NBA game. He should just do what is best for him and not feel rushed. You only get these college years once in life. Sometimes I even look back and wish I could be in college again. The NBA on the other hand is there waiting for him whether he is 20 years old or 22 years old.
He's not in college to get a degree at this point, it's a job for players like Bouk....next year in college would be a waste of time & money for him. We're lucky that he's playing the next few months for UConn.

Reaction Score
If you were his dad and gave him this advice, I'd report you to the authorities for child abuse.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
If you were his dad and gave him this advice, I'd report you to the authorities for child abuse.

He's not in college to get a degree at this point, it's a job for players like Bouk....next year in college would be a waste of time & money for him. We're lucky that he's playing the next few months for UConn.

Idk it’s tough. But life experiences sometimes are more precious than money. I have been through lots of heartache in life to view life from a different lense than some people I guess.

Reaction Score
Wasnt it Noah and horford that went back to Florida. Although I don't believe money was an issue for either of their families. I don't know bouks situation but it would be really hard not to go if you are a lock for the lottery.

Reaction Score
Honestly, Bouk can do more the program being a lottery pick as an underclassman than he can coming back to try to win a championship. Kids care a whole lot more about going to a program that puts them in the NBA vs deep tournament runs.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Can someone confirm this... but isn’t Bouk the first player to score 40 in a game since Kemba did? I remember Kemba scoring 40 I think against some team in Nov or Dec 2010.

Reaction Score
Can someone confirm this... but isn’t Bouk the first player to score 40 in a game since Kemba did? I remember Kemba scoring 40 I think against some team in Nov or Dec 2010.
Amida had 40 vs Coppin State. But another thing I think is apparent - we need a game or two vs pushover competition to get someone other than Bouknight in the flow before playing only Big East teams. Creighton is the fifth best defensive team in the Big East. Since no one else could do anything, we definitely need some live action game experience.

Reaction Score
Wasnt it Noah and horford that went back to Florida. Although I don't believe money was an issue for either of their families. I don't know bouks situation but it would be really hard not to go if you are a lock for the lottery.
That was a completely different time in the NBA, 14/30 picks in that draft were upperclassmen. This year there was 1 upperclassmen selected and he was #30, 2 if you count Toppin who was a RS sophomore

Reaction Score

If you are a lottery pick, the decision makes itself.

Reaction Score
We actually probably got "lucky" that Covid destroyed the end of last season. Very possible that he could have went on a run in the AAC tourney, we win, and then he has a breakout game or two in the NCAA tourney. He may have been gone as a first rounder. Guys with his talent don't make it to Sophomore year.

Reaction Score
I'd trade bouk being in the NBA right now for no pandemic.
He needs to leave and get paid for his craft.
And there is no regular college experience for the kids now anyway.

Reaction Score
We actually probably got "lucky" that Covid destroyed the end of last season. Very possible that he could have went on a run in the AAC tourney, we win, and then he has a breakout game or two in the NCAA tourney. He may have been gone as a first rounder. Guys with his talent don't make it to Sophomore year.
UConn players crushing it on the national stage and crushing it in the NBA is the best thing possible for UConn basketball. UConn will get some 5 star recruits because of Bouknight.

Reaction Score
I'd trade bouk being in the NBA right now for no pandemic.
He needs to leave and get paid for his craft.
And there is no regular college experience for the kids now anyway.
Bingo bingo bingo.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Proving the doubters wrong for not putting him on the preseason first team
Political, Big East coaches had no choice, sight unseen. So, he got the most 2nd team votes.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
No comparison from last year to this. Once this kid fully realizes what he has, he will destroy people.
This. And what's nuts is that he missed a couple of bunnies and rhythm three's.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My take remains the same, even post game. His ability is off the charts. That doesn't always translate to execution, but this kid consistently shows that he can do special things. In a full season, he would have gained enough experience to develop consistency. That will be much tougher this season.
Agree on all points. My point was more related to the timing.

I’m superstitious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104