Bouknight - What’s best for him? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bouknight - What’s best for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So each of those guys would have magically not been a bust if they returned to college? I've got news for you: most of them just suck.

They all got a ton of chances. If the best coaches/training/etc in the world couldn't save them why would a college coach? It's such a bizarre stance that many people have that college coaches are better at development than pros. It's not 1993. The Thunder have an 8-man development staff. They're not game coaches, they don't sit on the bench. They exist solely to develop their young players. 24/7, without school getting in the way.

I also don't understand how playing another season of college basketball--which is hideous and sloppy and slow, the polar opposite of the NBA game--is going to help these guys.

Having Bouknight face triple teams and a packed paint and playing at a glacial pace will, if anything, harm his development.

He can play 18 mpg and learn the NBA game and live in the weight room improving his body as a rookie, all while making $2m. I'm sorry, on no planet does UConn offer him a better developmental option, even financial reasons aside.
People in this thread have no clue how the NBA works in 2021. Can’t wait to hear Bouknights name in the lottery in a few months and cheering him on wherever he ends up for the next NBA season.

Reaction Score
Confused Nolan North GIF by RETRO REPLAY
The guy who's right, and everyone else on this thread is laughing at you

Reaction Score
Victor Page
I'm not saying the situations are similar, but remember Victor Page. His sophomore stats were awesome. Regular season champions. He was right behind Allen Iverson. I don't remember why he left or why no one advised him not to. Maybe one or two more years at Georgetown would have shed some light onto what his actual long term prospects would be. Yes, cashing in is a great call financially but not necessarily for long term success.

Reaction Score
The guy who's right, and everyone else on this thread is laughing at you
Sure thing, Its actually been a good discussion with a few posters with different opinions then you showed up offering nothing.

Reaction Score
It’s in your interest that he comes back. Just be honest for once.

Defining statement of work with the parenthetical made me laugh.

It’s also a contractual document that my ad agency of record tries to overcharge me on year after year. Basketball players don’t have a freaking SOW.

Reaction Score
Sure thing , Its actually been a good discussion with a few posters with different opinions then you showed offering nothing.
That's how an internet forum works - people go online and then offline. They post a few days ago like me and then can't believe this fake non argument is still simmering and more people with outmoded views keep hopping on to out themselves as cranks. All I offer is the truth - that this is a dumb thread and Bouk should obviously go and unless he has some emotional attachment or personal goals that outweigh sound financial and career progression advice, he should go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom