Bouknight Tonight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Tonight

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Vance? Bouk is way better than Vance. Best freshman since Lamb.
Imo he’s better than Jeremy or Bazz. He held back against Buffalo. He played at 1/3 the gear I watched in the game someone posted in the Springs thread. I’m not exaggerating.

He was much higher ranked before his injury. Absolutely a top thirty player. Having a trio of Gaffney, Jackson and Bouknight gives me shivers.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Imo he’s better than Jeremy or Bazz. He held back against Buffalo. He played at 1/3 the gear I watched in the game someone posted in the Springs thread. I’m not exaggerating.

He was much higher ranked before his injury. Absolutely a top thirty player. Having a trio of Gaffney, Jackson and Bouknight gives me shivers.
Better than Bazz...take it easy

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I am taking it easy. He’s that good. And I love Bazz.
Bouknight is still a freshman but before his career is over I predict he’ll prove to be the superior player.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Vance? Bouk is way better than Vance. Best freshman since Lamb.

Vance as a freshman shot 40% from 3 on a high shot output.

He had some flaws to his game, but Vance Jackson (and DHam since he is mentioned) were effective Frosh.

Do I think Bouk is better and has a WAY higher ceiling? Certainly.

Reaction Score
Play that did it for me was when he effortlessly snatched a rebound then went up the court and went behind his back with the dribble but play was stopped due to whistle. I was like “woah”- kid has game. So smooth. U can just tell

I also liked that play, but I was happier with his pull-up in the lane. We have not had that in a while.

Reaction Score

Bouk is the best prospect we've had in years so we all are giddy. I get your drift but having your jersey hung on the rafters is like deity. No freshman can ever be better (after one game) than one of our HOF'ers. Its very disrespectful, mainly because they earned it.

Bouk hasn't earned anything yet. Saying he appears to better now than AJP, Jalen, Ben Gordon, etc.. is fair game. But the rafters is off limits especially for freshman.

Another way of putting it is all of us would trade Bouknight right now for one of our players on the rafters.

Just saying . . . . . . . . . .

Reaction Score
Bouk is the best prospect we've had in years so we all are giddy. I get your drift but having your jersey hung on the rafters is like deity. No freshman can ever be better (after one game) than one of our HOF'ers. Its very disrespectful, mainly because they earned it.

Bouk hasn't earned anything yet. Saying he appears to better now than AJP, Jalen, Ben Gordon, etc.. is fair game. But the rafters is off limits especially for freshman.

Yeah, I'm sure he is better than Ben Gordon too (3rd overall pick in the NBA draft)

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm sure he is better than Ben Gordon too (3rd overall pick in the NBA draft)
Yeah the Yard can get overly excited sometimes. But its understandable and only means fun basketball is being played. We are a fan crazy bunch.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

Another way of putting it is all of us would trade Bouknight right now for one of our players on the rafters.

It was a projection of what I believe his UConn career will ultimately end up being based on his overall talent. He has gifts that few players entering the program have had.

I wouldn’t put him ahead of several of our stars such as Ben or Yel but I will go out on a limb saying he’ll demonstrate he will be considered a better player than Bazz or Jeremy during their respective college careers.

I could be wrong. This forum was wrong about projecting Andre being a better player at UConn than Mek when he committed. But that sentiment was not ridiculous.

Reaction Score
It was a projection of what I believe his UConn career will ultimately end up being based on his overall talent. He has gifts that few players entering the program have had.

I wouldn’t put him ahead of several of our stars such as Ben or Yel but I will go out on a limb saying he’ll demonstrate he will be considered a better player than Bazz or Jeremy during their respective college careers.

I could be wrong. This forum was wrong about projecting Andre being a better player at UConn than Mek when he committed. But that sentiment was not ridiculous.

Of course I hope you're right. The internet is forever.

Reaction Score

It's nearly impossible to have a better career than Bazz had in college these days because most incredibly talented guys are gone in a year or two. Bazz never projected great for the NBA so he stayed all 4 years and won two championships, by the end of his senior year he was clearly the best player in college bball....
James will be gone before then, with his abilities the only thing keeping him from being a possible one in done or two and done is his 6'4 height which is a bit on the low side for an NBA 2 but it probably won't matter with his length and skills. I agree he has things basically none of the guys coming in have had in a long time for us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree he has things basically none of the guys coming in have had in a long time for us.

The most exciting UConn basketball in years was the 11 minutes Bouknight played last night. I don't care if he's a sieve on defense - and I don't think he is - give him 25 minutes tonight.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It's nearly impossible to have a better career than Bazz had in college these days because most incredibly talented guys are gone in a year or two. Bazz never projected great for the NBA so he stayed all 4 years and won two championships, by the end of his senior year he was clearly the best player in college bball....
James will be gone before then, with his abilities the only thing keeping him from being a possibly one in done or two and done is his 6'4 height which is a bit on the low side for an NBA 2 but it probably won't matter with his length and skills. I agree he has things basically none of the guys coming in have had in a long time for us.
should clarify: will be higher rated by majority of Boneyarders in the future.

Reaction Score
This is the scorer we've been missing for awhile. That pump fake and jumper from the elbow was a thing of beauty
I was yelling for him to get in the game when we were struggling to score early in the first half. I'm glad he had a breakout party in the second half. So excited for him and Akok's development over the season. Both obviously have NBA potential.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Bouk has the freshest legs on the team, the most potential, we’re down a guard... I expect him to get a good amount of minutes tonight.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'll say it again said:
I think I know what you mean, but a little early say what he’s meant to the team so far. Coming off a pre season injury as a freshman and only 4 games in. He looks pretty solid. Some mice looking pieces and Adams as a little used Frosh is contributing nicely already.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What impressed me most about him was the way he moved. So effortless. The body control he had on the rebound putbacks was so impressive. You can tell he's really, really good.

I know he dealt with injuries in high school, but according to 247 he was the #66 recruit? This kid looks like he should be top 30, easy. He's one of those players you don't even have to know the game of basketball to know that he's gifted.

Watched Scottie Lewis on Florida (#7 5*) today up close and while he has some serious physical gifts for the next level, Bouknight was a more impressive basketball player.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Well who was better as a sophomore Lamb or Bazz? Lamb easily. Bouk is better than Bazz. What Shabazz did was stay here four years, and be the kind of talented senior guard that rarely exists in the NCAA. His skill and experience made him what he was as a college player.

@fleudslipcon isn‘t wrong. Up close it was clear that Bouk was dialing his game back. On that fake, dribble, midrange, it was like the defender was in slow motion, and James just, ho, hum, casually removed him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom