Bouknight Replacement | The Boneyard

Bouknight Replacement

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Pretty much the consensus amongst the team and even incoming recruits (Diggins) and fans alike is that Bouk is league bound after this year.
It would be glorious to have him come back a 3rd and hopefully normal season, but that’s unlikely.
Long way to go, but who do you all think will be “the guy”, after Bouk?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
A lot of the guys we have remaining are pass first kids. We need a scorer.

The new big name amongst BEast teams is Wooga Poplar(how about that for a basketball name!?). Basically every BEast team has offered, including the good guys. He’s a 6’4 guard who could potentially replace Bouk. He’s some kind of freak.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
RJ. He’ll be a senior whose had a year (hopefully) to adjust to the Big East and big time basketball. I think he’ll surprise people with his scoring this season, which will make him the #1 option the year after.

Other than RJ or a potential incoming freshman, I’d say the next best bets are Jackson (really dependent on what impact he has offensively this year tho) and Gaffney (if he is much more efficient this year than he was last year).

Reaction Score

The new big name amongst BEast teams is Wooga Poplar(how about that for a basketball name!?). Basically every BEast team has offered, including the good guys. He’s a 6’4 guard who could potentially replace Bouk. He’s some kind of freak.

He's my favorite of our SG offers outside the top 100.

Have we really offered? Last I saw we had a zoom call but nothing else

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
you don't replace a talent like Bouk, you fill his spot with the next available guy & move on. Talent like his is special so enjoy him while he's a Husky
Yeah well who’s that guy??

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bouk still needs to show me he is "that guy" - not at all saying he won't be but we shall see
If UConn lands Hawkins there is no doubt in my mind he will be "the guy"
I think Martin has a chance to be special but he is not Hawkins

Reaction Score
Bouk still needs to show me he is "that guy" - not at all saying he won't be but we shall see
If UConn lands Hawkins there is no doubt in my mind he will be "the guy"
I think Martin has a chance to be special but he is not Hawkins
I hope you keep this same energy if Hurley lands Hawkins, because so far it seems like you picked a recruit you thought Hurley couldn't land to obsess over so you can keep criticizing him

Reaction Score
Kid averages over 17 ppl with great efficiency as a freshman. Undoubtedly a first round pick per many analysts. He’s not yet proven to be the guy.

URI guy and HS recruit tho... those guys are special.

Reaction Score
Is there a chance JB will never play another minute in a UConn uniform with Covid and all? It just dawned on me that with a season far from guaranteed there’s an outside chance we have seen the last of him and that would be devastating. Not trying to be Debbie downer at all just haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere

Reaction Score
I hope you keep this same energy if Hurley lands Hawkins, because so far it seems like you picked a recruit you thought Hurley couldn't land to obsess over so you can keep criticizing him
That's exactly what he did, he won't know what to do if Hawkins commits here.
He'll write a lukewarm post about how he's happy that Hawkins came here. He has no other choice.
What will happen is he‘ll wait until he’s on the team (if we’re lucky enough to get him to commit), and then if he’s not immediately at the level of an All American it will be because of Hurley’s poor coaching. You all know the gtcam routine.

Man, beyond this kid looking like an awesome prospect this would just be so hilarious. I mean, what are the odds?

Reaction Score
Is there a chance JB will never play another minute in a UConn uniform with Covid and all? It just dawned on me that with a season far from guaranteed there’s an outside chance we have seen the last of him and that would be devastating. Not trying to be Debbie downer at all just haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere
Yes as much as it would suck that’s a possibility.

Reaction Score

For me videos of high school kids only dunking have lost their allure or measuring a recruit's talent/potential. Kwintin kinda ruined it for me, but actually I'm thankful, he taught me a lesson.

But that's me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Only possible thing that could stop Bouk from being the guy this year is his own self-belief..It won't be the opposing team... Pretty sure after a year on campus(with physical and skills development) he's ready for the bright lights of the BE.. Enjoy the Show while he's here..

Reaction Score
Best thing to happen is Bouk leaves after this season after having a monster year ala Kemba, Ray. Not only it brings box office national attention but helps with recruiting down the road. I’m hoping 20+ points average and team success.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This needed to be a thread?

Andre Jackson.
Agreed. Every time I look at the title of this thread that I cringe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom