Bouknight is becoming the guy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouknight is becoming the guy

Reaction Score
You think he’s a point in the league? I see him as more of a combo who primarily plays the off guard spot.
As he developed ball handling skills and at his size yes.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I feel like Bouk’s toughness is being overlooked. Kid has way more New York schoolyard in him than I thought, he’s actually more physical than he is finesse. He will go right at big guys to draw a foul, he was trying to get fouled on that play to win us the game. He boxes out really well too.

Reaction Score
Please stop. Showing Vital how it’s done? He’s just a more talented player. Let’s just enjoy a hard fought team win.
Wow! I agree. I’m sure Bouk was thinking “let me show Vital how it’s done.” Not!

Reaction Score
Another illustration of how Bouknight is the man now. He takes a blow with 10:47 left UConn up 3. When he gets back in at the 8 min timeout, UConn is down 4. He's clearly the difference.
Before we get too excited over his great second half performances.
His effort is completely wasted without
Gilbert’s first half against Tulsa
and Vital and Adams against Cinncy

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Before we get too excited over his great second half performances.
His effort is completely wasted without
Gilbert’s first half against Tulsa
and Vital and Adams against Cinncy
And before bouknight was playing like this we got smoked by Cinci and lost to Tulsa. Bouk+limited TOs+making our threes=the wins

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Forget "becoming", he is THE guy
Wait is that different than becoming "Some Guy"? Because that slot is already filled.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
1266523F-3D83-47D7-978C-201F4504861B.jpeg

Reaction Score
Great night from Bouk. He’s demanding the ball and I’m glad Hurley went with him at the end of the game. Tough loss but there’s still more to go
Agreed. Felt like he left a few shots out there as well. He’s on a roll right now, shot like 65% for the game. Think there’s room for him to be even more aggressive in this game and moving forward. One play really stands out in my mind. Down 4, CV jacks up a long 3, Low percentage shot. Believe they came down and made that 3 point play... if it goes to Bouk or someone else, might be a different series of events. Time to gear up for Memphis

Reaction Score
Once he realizes that he can get fouled at will at the rim it’s a wrap. He has defenders so confused/they freeze with him, he can get by them at will when he wants to.
He's a special talent. He gets compared to Lamb a lot here and some will say it's unfair to compare him to a lottery pick who is making buku bucks in the NBA but I see him being able to do more than Lamb, he has a higher ceiling than Lamb IMO.

Reaction Score
All he was missing was a little confidence and needed to get acclimated to the speed of D1 basketball.
Even the SMU homers from last night stated that once you have to guard him close up to prevent the 3, he can pretty much get by anybody....result will be a foul or decent shot.
I think his upside is closer to RayRay.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
All he was missing was a little confidence and needed to get acclimated to the speed of D1 basketball.
Even the SMU homers from last night stated that once you have to guard him close up to prevent the 3, he can pretty much get by anybody....result will be a foul or decent shot.
I think his upside is closer to RayRay.

He's been great. But Bouk's teammates don't have any idea what he's doing. Hell Bouk doesn't have any idea what Bouk is doing half the time.

That'll come with time

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Bouk isn't a great system player right now, though getting better. He looks like a complete dumbarse half the time. The other half he looks like an all star.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's been great. But Bouk's teammates don't have any idea what he's doing. Hell Bouk doesn't have any idea what Bouk is doing half the time.

That'll come with time

His BBIQ is higher than everybody else on the team. He sees a potential play develop, hands the ball off, curls around the defender and expects the ball back for an easy basket. Instead the PG has usually not seen what he saw, and is dribbling the opposite way not even looking at him. They are getting better at reading what he's doing. I am hoping that Jackon and an improved Gaffney and Akok will all start to see how to attack the defense and get on the same page.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
His BBQ is higher than everybody else on the team. He sees a potential play develop, hands the ball off, curls around the defender and expects the ball back for an easy basket. Instead the PG has usually not seen what he saw, and is dribbling the opposite way not even looking at him. They are getting better at reading what he's doing. I am hoping that Jackon and an improved Gaffney and Akok will all start to see how to attack the defense and get on the same page.

For a long stretch there, he didn't know his head from his arse on offense. He's getting better.

His athleticism and natural instinct and skill allows him to impact the game far more than his BBIQ. You can often notice it when he has the ball and doesn't know what to do. His decisiveness has been better the last few games tho

For most of the season, he was good for 5 "what tf are you doing rn bouk" a game

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
For a long stretch there, he didn't know his head from his arse on offense. He's getting better.

His athleticism and natural instinct and skill allows him to impact the game far more than his BBQ. You can often notice it when he has the ball and doesn't know what to do. His decisiveness has been better the last few games tho

For most of the season, he was good for 5 "what tf are you doing rn bouk" a game
You must have wild thoughts about Gilbert, Vital, and Carlton.

Reaction Score
Watching him up close yesterday for the first time, a couple of thoughts kept rumbling through me. First, Bouk is deceiving because he is so effortlessly smooth. But in fact he is physical and he uses a burst of quickness defensively in 1-1 coverage and in rebounding. He just comes out of nowhere, sometimes unexpectedly to make a play.

Offensively he is the same way. He kind of lulls defenders than shoots (smoothly) in a way that no one saw coming. Deceptive is the only word that comes to mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom