Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
From Hornets mgmt:

“He’s an excellent athlete,” Kupchak said. “He moves his feet well. He can probably guard three positions, I would imagine. At least starting out, he would play the two.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There was definitely some of it this year after he was hurt and people saying he was checked out on the team, pretty much all the same comments people made about Akok

Edit: Basically all the comments just made in the post right above mine
Glad I don't remember that.

Reaction Score
Akok has been talked about here for his demeanor, but he seems like just a quiet reserved kid. But you’re right, Bouk has also.
In the Akok articles last week he admitted he was not happy about not playing last season and Hurley said it was a very difficult situation to manage. So that's the explanation why he didn't look happy.

“You get cleared at 11 months but you’re not back to 100 percent until 18 months,” Hurley said. “He had a hard time dealing with the reality of that, and as coaches it was a tough thing to manage.”

Reaction Score
The thing with Giddey is, he’s a 6’9”” guard that no one knows jack about except the team that drafted him. The point is, why tear him down in support of Bouk, a very talented, but fragile and turnover prone college player with a loose handle? The issue is not Giddey, it is people thinking Bouk showed so much more. He didn’t, he’s being drafted on potential, just like Giddey. Bouk will likely be better in the end, but admittedly, I’m a Bouk fan, so I’m biased. Giddey is 18 for God sake. You don’t know anything about him except that you’ve never heard of him. Great case.
WHEN DID I TEAR HIM DOWN? And I have heard of him, anybody who follows even a lick of draft coverage knows and heard of him man smh

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
First look:

1627615142332.jpeg

Reaction Score
In the Akok articles last week he admitted he was not happy about not playing last season and Hurley said it was a very difficult situation to manage. So that's the explanation why he didn't look happy.

“You get cleared at 11 months but you’re not back to 100 percent until 18 months,” Hurley said. “He had a hard time dealing with the reality of that, and as coaches it was a tough thing to manage.”

People have been talking about Akok's demeanor before he ever came here, people said it was the reason he wasn't going to come to UConn.

Reaction Score
Slid more than I expected but CHA is a fantastic spot for him. Playing with LaMelo is exactly what he needs to launch his pro career.

Reaction Score
Hornets got a deal. If you think J Lamb was money for them J Bouknight is Bitcoin. Go Huskies!!!!

Reaction Score
Greatest thing for Bouk in Charlotte is that he arguably has a chance to be the only “bucket getter”
On the team they have outside Scary Terry. They have excellent athletes, and an amazing PG. what they lack is a score first guard. He could be in a prime position to succeed.
Additionally, they have one of the best distributors in the nba as their Pg. May help mask some of bouk weaknesses

Reaction Score
I love this spot for him. Could be an absolutely dynamic backcourt with Ball.

I do believe medicals contributed to his ‘slide’. Could be more than the elbow.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Greatest thing for Bouk in Charlotte is that he arguably has a chance to be the only “bucket getter”
On the team they have outside Scary Terry. They have excellent athletes, and an amazing PG. what they lack is a score first guard. He could be in a prime position to succeed.
Additionally, they have one of the best distributors in the nba as their Pg. May help mask some of bouk weaknesses
With the pace Lamelo likes to play at that backcourt can be a terror in transition.

Reaction Score
Not going to list all the reasons again. But I’ve been dying to stop being a lifelong Timberwolves fan. I officially denounce my twolves fandom & am a Hornets fan point forward
I was a passive Hornets fan since the team's inception. Horrible experience.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Michael Jordan loves UConn guys. What’s that now, 4 first round picks on UConn players in the past decade?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom