Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I hope you're right. Would love for Bouk to avoid Orlando at #8 and Sac Town at #9.
Orlando also picks 5….

Reaction Score
Kevin O'Connor from the Ringer updated his big board. Bouk at #7. Player comparisons are Donovan Mitchell, CJ McCollum, and Jordan Clarkson.

PLUSES
  • Explosive athlete with a quick first step to pressure the paint and the hops to play above the rim.
  • Finishes acrobatically inside by leaping off either foot and using either hand for touch layups or loud dunks. Also draws a lot of fouls with deceptive moves and body control.
  • Slippery ball handler who loves using hesitations to generate space for his jumpers. Can hit tough, contested shots off the dribble.
  • Instinctual player who relocates and cuts.
  • Speedy defender who could become an effective stopper against opposing guards and some wings. Made strides as a sophomore, especially focusing off-ball and making an impact in the passing lanes.
MINUSES
  • Playmaking instincts: He forces some passes that aren’t there and misses some open opportunities. And he too often kills his dribble.
  • Streaky spot-up shooter whose issues could be due to his mechanics. Has a relatively stiff shot out of stationary positions.
  • Inconsistent on-ball defender.
  • Suffered a torn meniscus as a junior in high school.
Also from The Ringer
League sources say the Magic are high on Florida State forward Scottie Barnes with the fifth pick, while the Thunder prefer Barnes or UConn guard James Bouknight with the sixth selection.
Looks like Kuminga is falling.

Reaction Score
drafts can be weird. he could go anywhere between 7 - 19

i’m predicting 10

Reaction Score
Ben Gordon in 2004 was mocked between 7 and 10. He went #3
I have zero recollection of this, but based on the first two mock drafts I found from reputable sources, you are totally correct. Great memory.

From nba.com:
#7) PHOENIX
blank.gif

draft04_head_bgordon_sm.jpg
Ben Gordon
Guard | 6-2 | Connecticut
This young man will give the Suns still another scorer. He'll go through a bit of a learning curve in becoming an NBA point guard, but he's a proven winner and a nice fit for the Suns.

From 247:

8. Toronto
Ben Gordon, PG, UConn

The Raptors need a point guard and a center, but all the centers in this draft are projects. Adding Gordon to a nucleus of Vince Carter, Jalen Rose, Chris Bosh and Donyell Marshall could help get the Raptors turned around in a hurry.

Reaction Score
Back to Bouk, if the Magic select Scottie Barnes with the #5 pick, it makes a ton of sense for them to balance out a long, defensively- gifted wing distributor with a pure scorer like Bouknight at pick #8, if he's available.

After trading away Vucevic, Fournier and Gordon, the Magic need scorers BADLY.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have zero recollection of this, but based on the first two mock drafts I found from reputable sources, you are totally correct. Great memory.

From nba.com:
#7) PHOENIX
blank.gif

draft04_head_bgordon_sm.jpg
Ben Gordon
Guard | 6-2 | Connecticut
This young man will give the Suns still another scorer. He'll go through a bit of a learning curve in becoming an NBA point guard, but he's a proven winner and a nice fit for the Suns.

From 247:

8. Toronto
Ben Gordon, PG, UConn

The Raptors need a point guard and a center, but all the centers in this draft are projects. Adding Gordon to a nucleus of Vince Carter, Jalen Rose, Chris Bosh and Donyell Marshall could help get the Raptors turned around in a hurry.
I remember being bummed that Okafor didn't go #1 overall. But he went #2 and then Ben went #3, great night for the Huskies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
That last dunk is sweet.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ben Gordon in 2004 was mocked between 7 and 10. He went #3
I’ve always maintained that Ben had the best-timed, most meteoric rise in stock of any draft pick we’ve ever produced. There was talk coming down the stretch that he might be a borderline first-rounder, but then Emeka got hurt and Madison Square Gordon put us on his back for the BET and we stormed into the NCAAs on a mission from God.

I used to say that the storylines are written in March, but Bouk is bucking that narrative.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’ve always maintained that Ben had the best-timed, most meteoric rise in stock of any draft pick we’ve ever produced. There was talk coming down the stretch that he might be a borderline first-rounder, but then Emeka got hurt and Madison Square Gordon put us on his back for the BET and we stormed into the NCAAs on a mission from God.

I used to say that the storylines are written in March, but Bouk is bucking that narrative.

I recall him being more like bouk and showing out.

Specifically showing enough skills to convince teams he could run the point

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I recall him being more like bouk and showing out.

Specifically showing enough skills to convince teams he could run the point
What I’m talking about was his jump from borderline first rounder to lottery pick; the showing out would explain the last jump, but from what I recall he wasn’t seriously in the discussion as a potential lottery pick until after the BET and while we were on our run to NC2.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Just put some money on on Bouk to go Top 10 at -150. I'm sure I could have gotten better odds on that a few weeks ago, but seems like a pretty safe bet right now. Can't wait for the draft.
They just brought the line down to 9.5 on DraftKings to push it to -115 today. -125 for him to go before Keon too.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

He basically became what Calhoun said he was but Ben didn't believe.

Reaction Score

I seem to recall telling you long ago just how special this kid is. Top 7 pick would be fantastic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom