Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Love the attention but making 19 straight threes in this scenario means nothing
Andre Drummond has hit like 15 straight threes in practice. It doesn’t show much
Exaggeration but there are videos of him hitting them at a high percentage. Main point is that hitting 19 in practice with no pressure doesn’t mean much and shouldn't mean much
We heard you the 1st time and the 2nd...and I still disagree. It means he can hit 19 in a row. And maybe intrigues some who didn't think he could shoot well enough to even do that.

Reaction Score
We heard you the 1st time and the 2nd...and I still disagree. It means he can hit 19 in a row. And maybe intrigues some who didn't think he could shoot well enough to even do that.
And i’m telling you until he shows improvement in a game setting it won’t change many minds.

Reaction Score
From the Daily Knicks website, I would love to see him at MSG as a Knickerbocker:

Bouknight appears to be this year’s riser in the draft. Scouts are enamored with his high motor, quickness, and his ability to change speeds with the ball in his hands. In his sophomore year at the University of Connecticut, Bouknight shot close to 45 percent from the field but just 29 percent from the three-point line.

Yet, with a decent free-throw percentage (78%) and a promising five three-point attempts per game, projecting Bouknight to be an average to an above-average shooter in the NBA might be worth the risk.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Cleared a 63 inch box like it was nothing.... he’s going top top 10. Competitive .

That box jump is just absurd. Can't wait to see his combine performance --- if he hits above 40" on the vertical [which I'm confident he will] & has a wingspan of 6'7" or better [which I'm confident he will as well], no way he slips out of the top 10. Would LOVE the Celtics to move up for him.

Reaction Score
Well seeing as this conversation started with a tweet about how it's changing minds in draft circles, I'm going to go with you're wrong on this
Yeah I think its due to his good form and athletic potential, not because he can make threes in practice like literally every other player

Reaction Score
Yeah I think its due to his good form and athletic potential, not because he can make threes in practice like literally every other player

He shot much better pre-injury. I'm sure that's a big factor here too.

Also he's not just shooting open 3s in practice. He's drilling vs some really talented players... Miami is where half the NBA goes in the summer

Reaction Score
When a guy hits 19 3s in a row it shows that he has a good stroke. Add that to his agility, athleticism, body control and ability to score from all over the floor, and he has got to be an enticing prospect to many GMs.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He’s really no lower than a top 7 talent in this draft. Might be the best player outside of the top 4 but Scottie and Jonathan just ooze potential.
Side note: I swear Florida State has a long versatile 3-4 guy go in the draft EVERY year.

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
That box jump is just absurd. Can't wait to see his combine performance --- if he hits above 40" on the vertical [which I'm confident he will] & has a wingspan of 6'7" or better [which I'm confident he will as well], no way he slips out of the top 10. Would LOVE the Celtics to move up for him.
Not sure if we can trust the 63", but if so it's just a little under the 64" world record:

Reaction Score
The purpose of showing the 19 straight makes is because the C&S 3 was supposed to be a weakness. Have to show that you’re addressing those weaknesses. This kid has been working his tail off during this entire predraft process. I can’t wait until he’s able to show the results during summer league!!!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
And they always are just max, decent role players in the league
Yeah they end up just being okay at everything. End up like Alfariq Aminu or Robert Covington. At tweener who defends, kinda rebounds, and hits the occasional 3.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah they end up just being okay at everything. End up like Alfariq Aminu or Robert Covington. At tweener who defends, kinda rebounds, and hits the occasional 3.

At their peak those guys are really valuable

Reaction Score
He’s really no lower than a top 7 talent in this draft. Might be the best player outside of the top 4 but Scottie and Jonathan just ooze potential.
Side note: I swear Florida State has a long versatile 3-4 guy go in the draft EVERY year.

Over the decades I've been pretty bearish on our players when it comes to their NBA outlook, but I really believe Bouk is going to be one of the five best players in this draft. The kid is made for the modern NBA. His jumper is fine, whichever team drafts him just needs to clean up his footwork and get it more consistent.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Over the decades I've been pretty bearish on our players when it comes to their NBA outlook, but I really believe Bouk is going to be one of the five best players in this draft. The kid is made for the modern NBA. His jumper is fine, whichever team drafts him just needs to clean up his footwork and get it more consistent.
It’s been awhile since we’ve had a legit prospect. I agree on him being a fit for today’s game. I hope he goes to a team with good PG play. Pelicans, OKC, maybe even SA.

Hoping he can start a trend of us getting lottery guys again. Looking at AJ next, then hopefully Hawkins afterwards.

Reaction Score
I've said for a while now if they end up getting the Bulls pick through the lottery, the Magic would be foolish to not use their second top 10 pick on Bouk.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
The purpose of showing the 19 straight makes is because the C&S 3 was supposed to be a weakness. Have to show that you’re addressing those weaknesses. This kid has been working his tail off during this entire predraft process. I can’t wait until he’s able to show the results during summer league!!!
I believe ESPN is broadcasting some of the 5 v 5 action from the combine next week, so i think we’ll get a (brief) look a little sooner

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom