Bouknight and Akok should be playing most minutes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight and Akok should be playing most minutes

pj

Reaction Score
Gaffney is going to be fine. It's easy for a young point guard to look bad, especially when overcoming an injury. As he learns the college game and his teammates and what the coach wants of him, he'll start to look a lot better.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Bouk and Akok are NBA players. Gaffney is scared can develop but RJ Cole or another recruit will take his spot. I see him miss wide open Layups his dribble isnt That Good. I respect chief. But I believe Bouknight and AKok are legit but gaffney isn’t # 2. We all could dribble basketball if athletic if you believe in him I trust I want UConn to win. but I could play same as him dribble would make wide open layups and be ass. New Uconn won’t want PG not rated except #98 on ESPN trash kid is scared and doesn’t have talent even though Jalen Adams started same way
Your premise needs altering. I would change it to Bouk and Akok need to be playing the important minutes. Neither one is capable of play a lot of minutes at a high level right now. Bouk commits too many foolish fouls and won't be around late if you play him a lot early. Akok doesn't seem to have the stamina for high output over many minutes. I think DH is using them just right. Spot play them and make sure they are ready to go when the game is in a crucial time. The object is to win the game, not post stats. And you will find JG has all the tools (sans experience) to be an excellent point guard. Playing D1 basketball is a lot more difficult than you imagine.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Your premise needs altering. I would change it to Bouk and Akok need to be playing the important minutes. Neither one is capable of play a lot of minutes at a high level right now. Bouk commits too many foolish fouls and won't be around late if you play him a lot early. Akok doesn't seem to have the stamina for high output over many minutes. I think DH is using them just right. Spot play them and make sure they are ready to go when the game is in a crucial time. The object is to win the game, not post stats. And you will find JG has all the tools (sans experience) to be an excellent point guard. Playing D1 basketball is a lot more difficult than you imagine.

Bouknight has committed a total of 6 fouls in 3 games. Your statement that he commits too many foolish fouls is preposterous. He committed one bad foul against Xavier. That is hardly a basis to support your statement.

pj

Reaction Score
Bouknight has committed a total of 6 fouls in 3 games. Your statement that he commits too many foolish fouls is preposterous. He committed one bad foul against Xavier. That is hardly a basis to support your statement.

As we heard in the preseason, Hurley is working on increasing Bouk's motor. It seems that strategically he's limiting Bouk's minutes to force him to play hard while he's out there. It also gives him a prize of more minutes with which to reward Bouk for progress in his game.

I like the way Hurley is handling him.

C

Chief00

I like Gaffney’s brains, for a guy who missed tons of practice and is just starting to return to normal from his injury - he has a 3.0 assists to turnovers ratio. Small sample size for sure but nevertheless a metric Chief uses as an indicator.

Last edited by a moderator:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Talk real Akok and Bouk are legit. Gaffney I respect but he’s not starting PG of championship team

He's a freshman PG. We've had like one good one ever at that age (KEA). Maybe 2 with Doron.

Evaluating a PG with any certainty after a handful of games is silly. Like trying to evaluate a QB his rookie year.

Reaction Score
This is a crazy take.

Reaction Score

And 5 were in the X game with 2 OTs. Not sure we know if he's one of those guys yet either way.

Reaction Score
Accurate: Playing D1 ball is difficult
Inaccurate: all the other crap said

pj

Reaction Score
Accurate: Playing D1 ball is difficult
Inaccurate: all the other crap said

Also accurate: Bouk and Akok need to be playing the important minutes. DH is using them just right. Object is to win the game, not post stats. JG has all the tools (sans experience) to be an excellent point guard. Playing D1 basketball is a lot more difficult than you imagine.

Reaction Score
Gaffney will be fine. He is the next Uconn point guard. I even bet he will be starting over Cole by mid season next year.

3 games in and everyone thinks the know what the 3 freshman are..

Bouk will be a great player. Lets see what happens when conference play starts and coaches actually start watching game tapes and concentrate defending Bouk.

Reaction Score
Anyone else think it's possible that the OP is an AI bot? The posts seem like they are random ideas pulled from the Boneyard and strung together.

Reaction Score

Akok is playing 28mpg. He might be in the be in the best shape on the team. It's like you're purposefully being wrong and trolling or just a dunce. Who knows

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Anyone else think it's possible that the OP is an AI bot? The posts seem like they are random ideas pulled from the Boneyard and strung together.
That is classic Boneyard.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

AI bots are more grammatically correct than 95% of this board.

Reaction Score
More shocking is that this thread still has legs after Mondays Op.

C

Chief00

Uconn fans are awesome wether you like or not what I say is what made Uconn. I’ll leave the boneyard won’t post again. I believe in Hurley and all of us coming together again don’t let losing seasons divide us. Adams was ranked 150 and I hope he does same with Gaffney .I love passion of fan base and respect you all. I’m sorry that I thought Gaffney might not be answer but believe bouk and akok will get us farther then we could of imagined. If Rj Cole can score set up offense we will be back. Uconn is my professional team so I’m harder on them and trying to bring one back to CT . I won’t tell you my age but was in between what you guessed. I remember going to whalers game with father and Uconn games. Chief he’s legit somebody you may disagree with at times but he cares more then anything for this program. He’s reason I tried to be part of Uconn family. Chief is intelligent and I’d put up money to go into business with him. Wish boneyard the best and am going to root as hard as you don’t put others down bad look for husky nation which has best fans
Thanks, I do love the UConn MBB program.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Akok is playing 28mpg. He might be in the be in the best shape on the team. It's like you're purposefully being wrong and trolling or just a dunce. Who knows
perhaps you argue with the premise of the post. I said "Akok doesn't seem to have the stamina for high output over many minutes. ". It is my opinion that I have seen him play great in short bursts, but not maintain the high level of performance. His body is not fully developed and I would wager that his blood tests have shown low nutritional balance.

As far as "It's like you're purposefully being wrong and trolling or just a dunce." When the argument is lost, the loser resorts to slander.

Reaction Score
perhaps you argue with the premise of the post. I said "Akok doesn't seem to have the stamina for high output over many minutes. ". It is my opinion that I have seen him play great in short bursts, but not maintain the high level of performance. His body is not fully developed and I would wager that his blood tests have shown low nutritional balance.

As far as "It's like you're purposefully being wrong and trolling or just a dunce." When the argument is lost, the loser resorts to slander.

Akok has been inconsistent offensively. That's obvious. He has been consistent defensively all 28mpg. Potentially our best defensive player, and definitely our most versatile. Hurley loves this kid. You don't know basketball if you haven't seen that.

Your argument is that Akok doesn't have enough vitamins, so he can't perform offensively. Good grief dude. You don't have a clue.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
I went back and checked the numbers 6 fouls in 60 minutes. Not egregious. 4 fouls every 40 minutes. I give you your point on the number of fouls to date.

But I still remember not feeling good about the fouls he did get, that I don't think he will get with more experience. I really do believe that if we tried to get 30 minutes a night out him at this stage, he probably won't be around at the end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom