Bouk needs another year in college | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouk needs another year in college

Reaction Score
Bouk played well against a weak Big East. Maryland gave us a rude awakening and Morsell clamped him. There are A LOT of players who will clamp Bouk in the NBA. I love the kid, he’s extremely talented, but he’s not tough. He’s a little soft. Plus if you can’t shoot from outside, what’s the point? You’re not Ben Simmons.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine he's a lottery pick now. I hope he is for his well being, but c'mon man, it's been ugly down the stretch
Of course one bad game means someone goes from lottery pick to not. LOL.

Reaction Score
assuming bouk dropped out of the lotto who's to say he can't come back as a junior, become the BE player of the year and a first team all american, and play himself back into the lottery next summer?
Look at the ages of lottery picks in the current NBA and you have your answer

Reaction Score
I hope he prospers. He helped move UConn up a notch. It’s sad to him miss the opportunities to step up and shine. He could have been legendary, but didn’t have it in him.

Reaction Score
Umm no you miss my point most think he is top five now. No way he is a g league player at best at this point.
I didn't miss anything your post and your point is stupid

Reaction Score
This is the dumbest thread. James Bouknight is a lottery pick talent, and he should go to the NBA.

This idea that old posters have that somehow you develop better in college than the NBA is completely asinine and should really not even be entertained. Maybe in the VERYYYYY early days (1970s, 1980s) where NBA didn't have professional development programs, mentors, an entire ecosystem of health and wellness and skill coaches to ensure you get the highest quality physical and mental training.

But now every NBA team is an expert at all of that, and have perfected the process for young players. There is zero doubt that the best place to develop your talent and probably mature as a man is at the NBA level.

Anyone saying or suggesting otherwise, that someone who has the opportunity to go in the 1st round should stay because they "aren't ready" is a complete joke with no credibility and is just an old fogey who knows nothing about the NBA and probably hasn't spent more than 2 minutes watching it since 1991 or something.

Reaction Score
Bouk was asked to do everything coming off a major elbow surgery because not a single other player on the roster can create their own shot and he clearly wasn’t in game shape or in form since coming back. He cramped up severely in the BE tourney.

He’s a guaranteed lottery/1st round pick. He’ll get NBA coaching and an NBA strength and conditioning program, neither of which Hurley can provide.

Reaction Score
This is the dumbest thread. James Bouknight is a lottery pick talent, and he should go to the NBA.

This idea that old posters have that somehow you develop better in college than the NBA is completely asinine and should really not even be entertained. Maybe in the VERYYYYY early days (1970s, 1980s) where NBA didn't have professional development programs, mentors, an entire ecosystem of health and wellness and skill coaches to ensure you get the highest quality physical and mental training.

But now every NBA team is an expert at all of that, and have perfected the process for young players. There is zero doubt that the best place to develop your talent and probably mature as a man is at the NBA level.

Anyone saying or suggesting otherwise, that someone who has the opportunity to go in the 1st round should stay because they "aren't ready" is a complete joke with no credibility and is just an old fogey who knows nothing about the NBA and probably hasn't spent more than 2 minutes watching it since 1991 or something.
James Bouknight is not lottery pick talent lmao. He is two years from that. He is good but needs more time in college.

Reaction Score
James Bouknight is not lottery pick talent lmao. He is two years from that. He is good but needs more time in college.
Thank you for making my point for me - posters like this should just immediately be ignored by the good posters on this hellsite. I'll start by ignoring him now click

real housewives reality tv s GIF

Reaction Score

FYI, the mods changed the thread title on me. I originally named it “Bouknight to the NBA”.

Ive never said he needs more time in college. It’s my opinion he wasn’t a lottery pick, one that I know is unpopular but I know if he is one, he’s taking the money as he should.

Reaction Score
"one bad game", LOL
Of course one bad game means someone goes from lottery pick to not. LOL.
Umm no he did not play like a lottery pick at all this season. He played well. With his injury he wasn’t the same. If he never got injured I would have slotted him for a high draft pick. He didn’t play up to his potential this year.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree but I am curious what differences you see.

NBA teams draft on potential much, more more. Look at the drafts from the past few years. All but a few lottery picks are freshman/sophomores... the NBA values youth and potential more than they did back then. Every year that gets more and more true.

Reaction Score
Thank you for making my point for me - posters like this should just immediately be ignored by the good posters on this hellsite. I'll start by ignoring him now click

real housewives reality tv s GIF
Some how it quoted your post too I don’t know why.

Reaction Score
Bouknight is usually the most skilled athlete on the floor. There is just something that doesn't endear him to fans. He will go pro, be very successful in the NBA, and make a ton of money. Nothing wrong with that!

Reaction Score
Bouk is going G League
He will get better prepared for the NBA in the G or D league, whatever they call it. He’ll put some weight on and learned the the NBA game. A few years in the G and he’ll have a chance to be a serviceable NBA. If not, there’s always overseas. Either way, he’ll make some money.

Reaction Score
I think he will be remembered similar to Donyell Marshall. Great talent who is huge in building the program back up for future success and is an NBA lottery pick. But will always have the sour ending memories (Donyell free throw misses against Florida) and the “what could have been” questions. Still a Husky great...just not a Husky Legend.

Ehhhh...that’s a stretch. Donyell was a first team All-American.

Reaction Score
NBA teams draft on potential much, more more. Look at the drafts from the past few years. All but a few lottery picks are freshman/sophomores... the NBA values youth and potential more than they did back then. Every year that gets more and more true.
Ok, yes, I agree. But I also think they are wrong. It will be interesting to see if it continues or reverses.

Reaction Score
I think he will be remembered similar to Donyell Marshall. Great talent who is huge in building the program back up for future success and is an NBA lottery pick. But will always have the sour ending memories (Donyell free throw misses against Florida) and the “what could have been” questions. Still a Husky great...just not a Husky Legend.
No chance. Donyell Marshall was a first team All American and Big East POY. Booknight is Donyell the year before his Junior season and there's no guarantee he even matches that if he came back

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom