Bouk needs another year in college | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouk needs another year in college

Reaction Score
His game won’t develop here anymore. He needs to hit that learning curve in the NBA to get better. He will, he has the potential to be a star. But the cramped college game has shown his deficiencies, the open NBA game will highlight his strengths.

Reaction Score
If he comes back it'll be his own decision to not take the millions being offered to him. He doesn't need to do anything else to obtain those offers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Shut up with these takes. You go to the league when you are guaranteed millions REGARDLESS of your ability. If he averages 25 points a game next year, he will NOT get drafted any higher because he will be too old.

They are drafting on POTENTIAL of which Bouk oozes.

That's what JC said. JC's shade said Bouk needs to go, get the money, and figure it out at the next level. Bouk won't become a better pro and learn what it takes to be a pro by playing any more games in college.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bouknight's legacy:
  • First great player of the Hurley era, helped put us back on the map
  • Never won anything

Pretty serious cognitive dissonance there, but both are true.

Which is why I said, good riddance. Call it a knock on the kid, but he accomplished much less than many UConn players. Call it a clean break and let the bird fly. Don't keep chasing something that isn't happening.

Reaction Score
Just typed this in the other thread and then it got deleted, so i'm dropping it here.

I get why people are upset because he does have so much potential. But he needs leadership skills. He needs strength. And he needs the ability to create for others. And in that order. He's a young kid so he has plenty of time to figure it out. The NBA will definitely get him stronger. And he will find out really quick that nobody in the NBA wants to see the melodramatics. Get tougher, play through it, get nastier yourself.

He chose UConn though and has bled blue so you can't just turn your back on the kid. He def needs to play harder, especially on d. I think he is always going to have that Jeremy Lamb look. But a little emotion, verbal communication with his teammates and energy/passion would go a mile towards being a better leader. Right now, he loves the "complain about getting hit" move, or "taking forever to get off the ground" move, not the "I'm a tough SOB let's go" move that fires up your team.

He needs to not look like he is bored on Defense. Be more active on the ball. Threaten the dribble. He is just so reactive and vanilla on d. And in transition if he is going to play guard in the league, he needs to learn how to distribute for others. Because right now he is 98% of the time going hard to rim on his own or making one weak move and pulling the ball out. Never is it go hard and dish to a trailing polley or make a shot fake and dish to a guy running his lane. But remember he's 19. And if he's got a ticket to make a lottery pick salary, can't blame him for cashing it in. Good luck Bouk.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I think he will be remembered similar to Donyell Marshall. Great talent who is huge in building the program back up for future success and is an NBA lottery pick. But will always have the sour ending memories (Donyell free throw misses against Florida) and the “what could have been” questions. Still a Husky great...just not a Husky Legend.

Reaction Score
Something about his competitive spirit and having a season like the one we did has me thinking that there’s a small sliver of hope that Bouk may say “F it” and come back for one more season, play in front of a packed gampel again, and lead this team on a serious tournament run. I’m probably dreaming but you never know.

One thing I do know for certain is that this one is going to sting for a long time for a guy like that, so maybe there’s a chance.

No one would blame him if he stays on course and leaves for the NBA though.

Reaction Score
Shut up with these takes. You go to the league when you are guaranteed millions REGARDLESS of your ability. If he averages 25 points a game next year, he will NOT get drafted any higher because he will be too old.

They are drafting on POTENTIAL of which Bouk oozes.
G league

Reaction Score
Which is why I said, good riddance. Call it a knock on the kid, but he accomplished much less than many UConn players. Call it a clean break and let the bird fly. Don't keep chasing something that isn't happening.
Which is a perfectly reasonable take if you stopped there. You added some completely unnecessary shots which is why you're rightfully getting attacked

Reaction Score
Bouk needs to get a good financial planner to invest that rookie contract and not spend like the money will last forever and he'll be fine. Rookies often blow their rookie money, thinking they'll have many more contracts. Be smart.

Reaction Score
Almost every underclassman can benefit from one more year, but it doesn’t mean one more year is the best decision for him.

It was likely a rough end to Bouknight’s UConn career, but he’s going to be making a lot of money in the NBA next year. Meanwhile, all the posters on here clamoring he’s a G-League player will be stuck behind a keyword for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
No it isn't Daniel Hamilton wasn't predicted to go in the lottery and get a massive paycheck the year after he left--and he didn't.
This is the only difference -- Daniel Hamilton leaving was a surprise because he wasn't going to be a top pick.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Bouk ever recovered from the surgery, and certainly condition wise. He was gassed. His slight frame is another issue. Compare a skinny Rip to Bouk. Rip had a conditioning motor that went forever. Does Bouk? No. But the kid is insanely talented and CAN develop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom