Bouk Draft Stock Rising | The Boneyard

Bouk Draft Stock Rising

Reaction Score
Sam Vecenie from the Athletic has him at #8--up from #14 2 months ago. On thwie game theory podcast... idk how to link it on mobile though

This is one reason I wonder if we see Boulk back. His stock is still excellent. It may not be in his best interest to come compete unless he is totally at 100% and ready to drop 20 a game consistently again.

Reaction Score
I see him coming back for the sake of the team. He loves this squad (and staff/Hurley) and its incomplete (sans Jackson and Akok) and nearing full roster.

On the personal side it seems he believes he's the best player in the nation (at least sophomore class) and wants to prove it.

C

Chief00

Sam Vecenie from the Athletic has him at #8--up from #14 2 months ago. On thwie game theory podcast... idk how to link it on mobile though

This is one reason I wonder if we see Boulk back. His stock is still excellent. It may not be in his best interest to come compete unless he is totally at 100% and ready to drop 20 a game consistently again.
Unlike sone advisers his aren’t idiots and they do have his best interest at heart. Does Chief agree with them? No, I would advise him to come back next season. But, I understand their arguments.

Reaction Score
There’s not a single chance Bouk stays in college another year. It bothers me how so many people on here want Bouk to stay for another year. OBVIOUSLY for selfish reasons I would want a player like Bouk to stay at UConn forever, but I am way more excited to start seeing some new Huskies in the NBA again. Can’t wait for him to get drafted. Should be a lotto pick.

Reaction Score
Unlike sone advisers his aren’t idiots and they do have his best interest at heart. Does Chief agree with them? No, I would advise him to come back next season. But, I understand their arguments.
Who are these advisers that you keep referencing?

C

Chief00

There’s not a single chance Bouk stays in college another year. It bothers me how so many people on here want Bouk to stay for another year. OBVIOUSLY for selfish reasons I would want a player like Bouk to stay at UConn forever, but I am way more excited to start seeing some new Huskies in the NBA again. Can’t wait for him to get drafted. Should be a lotto pick.

Chief really resents that characterization, if it’s aimed at me. Chief has a long track record supporting guys who leave early when it best for them. I think next year is best for James and I have already stated why.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

I guarantee Bouk is personally dying to get out there. I'd bet my house on it.

There's just so many things complicating the process at the moment that you don't normally see. We're in uncharted territory here.

Reaction Score
Chief really resents that characterization, if it’s aimed at me. Chief has a long track record supporting guys who leave early when it best for them. I think next year is best for James and I have already stated why.
Not aimed at you personally, chief. I see it on here all the time. You can always go back and get your degree, you can’t always go back to the NBA. If he has the opportunity to go get a multi million dollar contract, it’s best for him to do it now. I’ve heard horror stories of guys who waited another year and then the draft never comes. No time like the present. Also, I value my education just as much if not more than the next person, but that doesn’t mean that it’s important for every individual and their own career path. Every single mock draft Ive seen him in the lottery. I just don’t see how he chooses one more year of college. Go get your money while you can and UConn or any other university will be there in the future if you want to finish a degree. We can agree to disagree on this one, but was not meant as a target to you, just a belief of mine.

Reaction Score
Not aimed at you personally, chief. I see it on here all the time. You can always go back and get your degree, you can’t always go back to the NBA. If he has the opportunity to go get a multi million dollar contract, it’s best for him to do it now. I’ve heard horror stories of guys who waited another year and then the draft never comes. No time like the present. Also, I value my education just as much if not more than the next person, but that doesn’t mean that it’s important for every individual and their own career path. Every single mock draft Ive seen him in the lottery. I just don’t see how he chooses one more year of college. Go get your money while you can and UConn or any other university will be there in the future if you want to finish a degree. We can agree to disagree on this one, but was not meant as a target to you, just a belief of mine.

He’s not disagreeing with your well said analysis. It’s just that your post wasn’t about him.

Reaction Score
He’s not disagreeing with your well said analysis. It’s just that your post wasn’t about him.
Again, it was not aimed at Chief. That’s just my own analysis. People can disagree on things and it’s not the end of the world. I’m mature enough to see the other side of the argument as well. As I said, I see it on here and twitter all the time. Just wanted to say why I think he should go. Not an attack.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

Big fan of the Game Theory podcast. It should be noted that while this draft class had a lot of hype heading into this season, it’s not looking as strong at this point. Many of the freshman have severely disappointed. Despite UConn’s myriad COVID pauses and Bouk’s injury, he is considered one of the more known commodities of the draft and seems cemented as a lottery prospect with a shot at the top 10.

Some potential draft fits based on current standings:

Orlando Magic: they need more offense particularly off the ball to compliment Fultz/C Anthony in the back court. Plus Bouk and Cole Anthony are good friends.

OKC Thunder: In a total rebuild and need foundations pieces everywhere except PG

Houston Rockets: Seem to be attempting a rebuilding on the fly but Bouk would be a nice Oladipo replacement

Toronto Raptors: Need a more traditional 2-guard to complement Lowry and Van Vleet

who would you like to see Bouknight drafted to?

Reaction Score
Big fan of the Game Theory podcast. It should be noted that while this draft class had a lot of hype heading into this season, it’s not looking as strong at this point. Many of the freshman have severely disappointed. Despite UConn’s myriad COVID pauses and Bouk’s injury, he is considered one of the more known commodities of the draft and seems cemented as a lottery prospect with a shot at the top 10.

Some potential draft fits based on current standings:

Orlando Magic: they need more offense particularly off the ball to compliment Fultz/C Anthony in the back court. Plus Bouk and Cole Anthony are good friends.

OKC Thunder: In a total rebuild and need foundations pieces everywhere except PG

Houston Rockets: Seem to be attempting a rebuilding on the fly but Bouk would be a nice Oladipo replacement

Toronto Raptors: Need a more traditional 2-guard to complement Lowry and Van Vleet

who would you like to see Bouknight drafted to?
I will watch him no matter where he goes, but for some reason I have been wanting him to go to Memphis. I would love to see the combo of him and Ja together. I think that would be an amazing backcourt and JM could use some scoring help down there.

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
My belief is that Jim Calhoun gave the best advice to his players. Not to focus too much on the amount of money but on the length of the contract. He wanted all his guys to have the security of the 3 year contract. He said if that was a lock to go pro.

Reaction Score
Why would u advise a consensus top 15 pick to come back to school? As this last 12 months have shown, nothing is guaranteed and lots can go wrong. u go to school to advance your career. He’s done that. It’s time to move on. Only real ? IMO Is does he play THIS season??

Reaction Score
My belief is that Jim Calhoun gave the best advice to his players. Not to focus too much on the amount of money but on the length of the contract. He wanted all his guys to have the security of the 3 year contract. He said if that was a lock to go pro.
Plus you are that much closer to your big money contract after your rookie deal. It’s a limited earning window. Need to maximize it

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If Bouk had a full season this year, he would've been a 2nd team AA at worst. He still has a great chance to come back and lead us on a deep run. When you graduate 8th grade with straight A's, you don't come back for another year. You're ready to move up to high school. He should come back when he's healthy and then leave at the end of the year.

Reaction Score
If Bouk had a full season this year, he would've been a 2nd team AA at worst. He still has a great chance to come back and lead us on a deep run. When you graduate 8th grade with straight A's, you don't come back for another year. You're ready to move up to high school. He should come back when he's healthy and then leave at the end of the year.

There's varying ways to look at this but things have changed in the NBA draft landscape anyway. I mean Rip did better by staying the extra year right? I mean he was a 1st rounder as a soph but was all over the lot as to where he would be picked if I remember correctly and wasn't going to be a lottery pick no matter. He jumped to 7 by staying, getting better, stronger and winning a NC leading the team. That's not automatic by any stretch for Bouk as a matter of fact this elbow incident alone shows how quickly things can turn to disaster health wise for a hoopster. Love him to stay and think along the Rip lines but can't and won't happen. Remember it was tough for Caron to leave he loved being a Husky and felt he could get them to the promised land but ulitimately made the correct decision with the help of JC. This is similar, hope for Bouks sake he does get to come back healthy and provide a run for the times as well as his status.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom