Bouk Draft Stock Rising | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouk Draft Stock Rising

Reaction Score
:)
Chief predicted the Dam Break, and James’ commitment broke the dam. Trust in Chief. Track record speaks for itself.

Chief is certainly clear about his take that Bouk won't be back next season. It seems to me that will be the case. Does Chief have an unambiguous take on whether or not he will be back THIS season?

Reaction Score
There's varying ways to look at this but things have changed in the NBA draft landscape anyway. I mean Rip did better by staying the extra year right? I mean he was a 1st rounder as a soph but was all over the lot as to where he would be picked if I remember correctly and wasn't going to be a lottery pick no matter. He jumped to 7 by staying, getting better, stronger and winning a NC leading the team. That's not automatic by any stretch for Bouk as a matter of fact this elbow incident alone shows how quickly things can turn to disaster health wise for a hoopster. Love him to stay and think along the Rip lines but can't and won't happen. Remember it was tough for Caron to leave he loved being a Husky and felt he could get them to the promised land but ulitimately made the correct decision with the help of JC. This is similar, hope for Bouks sake he does get to come back healthy and provide a run for the times as well as his status.

Rip would probably have gone top-10 after his freshman year these days. The league values youth so much more than they used to.

Personally, I'd be disappointed if Bouk stays. He needs the challenge of the NBA--the college game is too easy for him. And our recruiting elevates with his picture draped on the wall of Werth.

Reaction Score
The NBA draft is very different now than what it used to be.

The days of huge $70+MM guaranteed contracts is over.

Now the goal for kids is actually to get to their 2nd contract as fast as possible because that's where the massive contracts are.

If a kid is a lock to be a 1st rounder he needs to go and take whatever the guaranteed money is. I think I read that Zion's guarantee is somewhere around $40MM and the last pick in the 1st round got around $10MM guaranteed.

Bouk or any kid that is going to be a 1st round pick needs to get to the league as soon as possible in order to get the clock started on when they are eligible for the 2nd contract. That's where the big payday comes

Reaction Score
Hurleys plan is 2 and done for his type Leo prospects and bouk is his prototype. It’s part of the master plan and I don’t think a 3rd year is being considered by any party involved.
I just hope finishing his second year is! The strange innuendo from people who know his “circle” seems to be he could be done even if healthy. That would bug me a lot more than him getting to the league after this year.

Reaction Score
The NBA draft is very different now than what it used to be.

The days of huge $70+MM guaranteed contracts is over.

Now the goal for kids is actually to get to their 2nd contract as fast as possible because that's where the massive contracts are.

If a kid is a lock to be a 1st rounder he needs to go and take whatever the guaranteed money is. I think I read that Zion's guarantee is somewhere around $40MM and the last pick in the 1st round got around $10MM guaranteed.

Bouk or any kid that is going to be a 1st round pick needs to get to the league as soon as possible in order to get the clock started on when they are eligible for the 2nd contract. That's where the big payday comes
I don’t know if this is true if you are getting picked at the end of the first round. So many kids leave early, get picked 28 or so and that second contract never comes.
Part of that I think has more to do with going to the league with big holes in their games that are more easily fixed in college than the NBA. For bouk I don’t think it applies, he’s ready to go.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Not aimed at you personally, chief. I see it on here all the time. You can always go back and get your degree, you can’t always go back to the NBA. If he has the opportunity to go get a multi million dollar contract, it’s best for him to do it now. I’ve heard horror stories of guys who waited another year and then the draft never comes. No time like the present. Also, I value my education just as much if not more than the next person, but that doesn’t mean that it’s important for every individual and their own career path. Every single mock draft Ive seen him in the lottery. I just don’t see how he chooses one more year of college. Go get your money while you can and UConn or any other university will be there in the future if you want to finish a degree. We can agree to disagree on this one, but was not meant as a target to you, just a belief of mine.

then you understand why maybe just maybe him playin another game THIS Year could extrapolate to that thinking.

Reaction Score
I don't follow the NBA draft closely, but my recognition is that there's always a bunch of surprises in the first round. In particular foreign players who are scouted and many of whom you don't hear much about (by design) until close to the draft.
That pushes better known USA players farther down the list. I'd bet there will be some of those in the 1st round again. Wishing Bouk the best.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wish Bouk the best. He'll do what he believes is best for him. He's an NBA talent, so if goes, good for him. My only frustration is we only get to see him in two COVID crapped up seasons, which sucks for us and for him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

latest mock has him #11 to ATL. that's a very crowded depth chart with huerter, reddish, bogdanovic all playing SG this season. i guess none of them are great.
Don’t like the ATL landing spot. Milwaukee could be an interesting spot if they trade up. Divincenzo has been underperforming and they don’t have a great shooting guard on the roster. Giannis and Middleton are great court spacers which Bouk will thrive with.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

latest mock has him #11 to ATL. that's a very crowded depth chart with huerter, reddish, bogdanovic all playing SG this season. i guess none of them are great.
Just saw this on the ESPN site. Bouks wizardry for scoring is going to have staying power no matter the IR length of time in a league built for scoring known as the Association.

Reaction Score
He’d be a great fit on the Pacers, but they will probably draft another foreigner who won’t amount to much or Garza

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Don’t like the ATL landing spot. Milwaukee could be an interesting spot if they trade up. Divincenzo has been underperforming and they don’t have a great shooting guard on the roster. Giannis and Middleton are great court spacers which Bouk will thrive with.
I think we can all collectively say yes to playing with Giannis and the Bucks vs. the up and coming Hawks.

C

Chief00

If Bouk had a full season this year, he would've been a 2nd team AA at worst. He still has a great chance to come back and lead us on a deep run. When you graduate 8th grade with straight A's, you don't come back for another year. You're ready to move up to high school. He should come back when he's healthy and then leave at the end of the year.
Chief has supported many guys leaving early over the years. I believe James would benefit from leading a team deep into the tournament. Playing over 30 games and demonstrating consistency and competitiveness - while getting man strong. Chief was one of the people who had James back early his Freshman year when it wasn’t popular to do so - so spare Chief the lectures. When I think of James, I think of Rip Hamilton leaving after his Jr year and a National Championship. He earned truck loads of money in the NBA and won Championships.

C

Chief00

Rip would probably have gone top-10 after his freshman year these days. The league values youth so much more than they used to.

Personally, I'd be disappointed if Bouk stays. He needs the challenge of the NBA--the college game is too easy for him. And our recruiting elevates with his picture draped on the wall of Werth.
Maybe if he played actually one full college season I might agree, but that has not happened. He had 6 good games last season and 4 this year. The benefits of his growth and maturity as a player that would pay dividends for him for years to come, if he played at UConn next year. Translating into tons of money when he eventually signs a franchise contract. Chief plays chess while others are playing checkers. Think 5 years down the road not 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

He’s not disagreeing with your well said analysis. It’s just that your post wasn’t about him.
No, you are the guy that makes your post about Chief and then accuse Chief of doing it. Sorry, you lost that game.

C

Chief00

Chief is certainly clear about his take that Bouk won't be back next season. It seems to me that will be the case. Does Chief have an unambiguous take on whether or not he will be back THIS season?
Given the short sampling of games left, when he would come back - it’s a much bigger risk to his draft position - than coming back both this year and next year - without the upside. Chief is a believer that most guys exhibit some rust for 2-4 games.

C

Chief00

Jesus, my 9 year old daughter doesn't crave attention as much as Chief does.
If you only knew the elaborate steps Chief takes, to avoid attention and retain anonymity. I don’t set up the unauthentic Chief websites and Twitter accounts - others do and often cheered on by you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom