Bouk Draft Stock Rising | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouk Draft Stock Rising

Reaction Score
Big fan of the Game Theory podcast. It should be noted that while this draft class had a lot of hype heading into this season, it’s not looking as strong at this point. Many of the freshman have severely disappointed. Despite UConn’s myriad COVID pauses and Bouk’s injury, he is considered one of the more known commodities of the draft and seems cemented as a lottery prospect with a shot at the top 10.

Some potential draft fits based on current standings:

Orlando Magic: they need more offense particularly off the ball to compliment Fultz/C Anthony in the back court. Plus Bouk and Cole Anthony are good friends.

OKC Thunder: In a total rebuild and need foundations pieces everywhere except PG

Houston Rockets: Seem to be attempting a rebuilding on the fly but Bouk would be a nice Oladipo replacement

Toronto Raptors: Need a more traditional 2-guard to complement Lowry and Van Vleet

who would you like to see Bouknight drafted to?
Would also be a good fit next to RJ Barrett and Immanuel Quickley

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
If you only knew the elaborate steps Chief takes, to avoid attention and retain anonymity. I don’t set up the unauthentic Chief websites and Twitter accounts - others do and often cheered on by you.
why did you kill your twitter?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There is zero reason for Bouk to come back. I think doing so would hurt his development, he's already shown he can bust college guys at will.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There is zero reason for Bouk to come back. I think doing so would hurt his development, he's already shown he can bust college guys at will.
It's moot because there is zero chance that he is coming back next season, but I don't think that leading UConn to a Big East championship and National Championship would hurt his development.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think he certainly should come back this year, assuming that the elbow doesn't somehow increase his risk of injury. Doesn't seem that it should. Then if he's a lottery pick or even in the discussion, he goes. I don't think he would develop faster at UConn than on an NBA roster.

The NBA has adapted to drafting kids who aren't actually ready for the league. It's what they do. James likely needs to be stronger and improve some other things, including overall defense. I don't think UConn is the only place or even the best place for that next step, but it's his call. Jaylen Brown is one hell of a lot better, and richer, than he was when he came into the league.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Big fan of the Game Theory podcast. It should be noted that while this draft class had a lot of hype heading into this season, it’s not looking as strong at this point. Many of the freshman have severely disappointed. Despite UConn’s myriad COVID pauses and Bouk’s injury, he is considered one of the more known commodities of the draft and seems cemented as a lottery prospect with a shot at the top 10.

Some potential draft fits based on current standings:

Orlando Magic: they need more offense particularly off the ball to compliment Fultz/C Anthony in the back court. Plus Bouk and Cole Anthony are good friends.

OKC Thunder: In a total rebuild and need foundations pieces everywhere except PG

Houston Rockets: Seem to be attempting a rebuilding on the fly but Bouk would be a nice Oladipo replacement

Toronto Raptors: Need a more traditional 2-guard to complement Lowry and Van Vleet

who would you like to see Bouknight drafted to?

First two are probably the best fits unless the rockets trade oladipo.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
First two are probably the best fits unless the rockets trade oladipo.

Oladipo is an unrestricted free agent after this season and I don’t think Houston has designs on re-signing him. The Levert-Oladipo swap was to create cap savings in the short term.

Knicks are a good fit as well, but as a lifelong Knicks fan I’m still wary about him going there... for his sake. They seem to have more organizational stability now but I still don’t fully believe..

Reaction Score
I think he certainly should come back this year, assuming that the elbow doesn't somehow increase his risk of injury. Doesn't seem that it should. Then if he's a lottery pick or even in the discussion, he goes. I don't think he would develop faster at UConn than on an NBA roster.

The NBA has adapted to drafting kids who aren't actually ready for the league. It's what they do. James likely needs to be stronger and improve some other things, including overall defense. I don't think UConn is the only place or even the best place for that next step, but it's his call. Jaylen Brown is one hell of a lot better, and richer, than he was when he came into the league.

Jaylen Brown's ascension has surprised me, and I've been a huge fan for a long time. I never would've guessed the rookie who average 6 a game would end up putting up an efficient 26/6/4--it's almost unbelievable. He didn't really make any earthshattering improvements either; he's just sort of spent the last 4 years methodically improving in every facet of the game... most importantly shooting the rock.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Jaylen Brown was an athletic freak at Cal and very few knew about him because he played on the west coast for a marginal college program. He had NBA written all over him.
Right now he is a craftier and more versatile Klay Thompson and improving every game
I like Bouk a lot but he needs to do much work to get to Brown's level after less than 5 years in the league

I'm in the camp that if he doesn't heal enough to play more than 8-10 additional games this season Bouk may want to consider returning but it's his call and I respect that in any kid faced with the decision. I just hope he listens to as many proper people as possible before jumping either way

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's moot because there is zero chance that he is coming back next season, but I don't think that leading UConn to a Big East championship and National Championship would hurt his development.
I meant next year, of course he should play this year if healthy.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Jaylen Brown was an athletic freak at Cal and very few knew about him because he played on the west coast for a marginal college program. He had NBA written all over him.
Right now he is a craftier and more versatile Klay Thompson and improving every game
I like Bouk a lot but he needs to do much work to get to Brown's level after less than 5 years in the league

I'm in the camp that if he doesn't heal enough to play more than 8-10 additional games this season Bouk may want to consider returning but it's his call and I respect that in any kid faced with the decision. I just hope he listens to as many proper people as possible before jumping either way

Brown was a 5 star guy who disappointed in his one year at cal.

He was overrated until this year when he’s actually starting the year like people have talked about him the past few years. Credit to him for working hard to improve the very large holes he had in his game.

But it would be dishonest to act like he was always like this and no one figured it out until now.

But I don’t think they are similar players at all.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

He was overrated until this year when he’s actually starting the year like people have talked about him the past few years. Credit to him for working hard to improve the very large holes he had in his game.

But it would be dishonest to act like he was always like this and no one figured it out until now.

Don’t agree with most of this. But the point wasn’t that they are similar. The point is that “he needs another year” is nonsense. Players get more coaching, more practice and more games if they go to the NBA than if they stay. It’s a league that develops guys. It has to

C

Chief00

There's that claim about you playing chess while everyone else plays checkers again. That's becoming your favorite.

Trying to get hits again on your fake Chief website, monetizing off of Chief’s notoriety. You may have the same fate as the unauthentic Twitter dude after you incriminate yourself deeper?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Agree, and no disrespecting his circle pushing him to go, they mean well, but have not seen the movie nearly as many times as Chief has. A patient, long term investor usually beats the in and out one.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Agree, and no disrespecting his circle pushing him to go, they mean well, but have not seen the movie nearly as many times as Chief has. A patient, long term investor usually beats the in and out one.
Isn't Dan Hurley a part of his circle that is helping him make this decision?

Reaction Score

I agree with this. Not similar players. But looking at Brown's development, Bouk will get better (and better faster) in the NBA than another year at UConn. Do think Brown deserves credit for last year too - I'd argue 20/5/6 on solid percentages is living up to the hype.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Trying to get hits again on your fake Chief website, monetizing off of Chief’s notoriety. You may have the same fate as the unauthentic Twitter dude after you incriminate yourself deeper?
Your "notoriety", LOL! I don't want to make a dime off those websites, dummy. Incriminate myself? Have your lawyers call mine.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Bouk's scoring ability will translate immediately at the next level, IMO. He's insanely athletic, has solid height & a plus wingspan, which should allow him to defend 1-2-3 in certain pro sets. His handle is tremendous for an off-guard & his passing is underrated [he's had multiple outstanding feeds to bigs on the block & too many potential assists that were flat out missed by teammates]. His handle & speed with the ball are often overlooked on here. Those aspects combined with his IQ, scoring skills & length are not overly common at any level. He reminds me a ton of Demar DeRozan at this stage, but with a much better outside shot.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if he was ultimately transitioned to PG in the league. I do agree that his defense & long range consistency must improve to reach his full potential. Regardless, he shouldn't return for another year [although I would love to have him]. Drafting is based primarily on potential & he's showcased an elite offensive game against top competition on multiple occasions. Due dropped an efficient 40 on the #9 team in the country & still left points on the table. If he puts in the work & stays healthy, God Willing, he's a future all-star.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom