Bouk and Tyrese | The Boneyard

Bouk and Tyrese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bouk had a dnp - coaches decision last night and Tyrese was not listed as an available player. I know Bouk has played his way out of the the rotation but anybody know what the deal was with Tyrese? Before the season started I made a gentlemen's bet that Bouk would be in the G league before Tyrese. Did I lose the bet?

Reaction Score
Bouk had a dnp - coaches decision last night and Tyrese was not listed as an available player. I know Bouk has played his way out of the the rotation but anybody know what the deal was with Tyrese? Before the season started I made a gentlemen's bet that Bouk would be in the G league before Tyrese. Did I lose the bet?
Yes, he’s in the G League

Reaction Score
I’m desperately hoping he gets a shot at the NBA. I think it’ll come soon.
Me too. I never miss a Swarm game. He comes off the bench when Mark Williams is with the team, though he played more minutes than Williams on Monday night.

Reaction Score
If Whaley makes even 1 NBA minute, that will be arguably the greatest basketball transformation story I’ve ever seen. Thinking back to when KO recruited him here, I truly can’t believe he’s made it this far.

Gotta love the wrench.

Reaction Score
If Whaley makes even 1 NBA minute, that will be arguably the greatest basketball transformation story I’ve ever seen. Thinking back to when KO recruited him here, I truly can’t believe he’s made it this far.

Gotta love the wrench.

Even making the G-League was a miracle. I don't think he sweat in his uniform before the second half of his junior year.

Reaction Score

Gotta love the wrench.
KO himself was undrafted, played with CT Pride for 2 years and then had a nice little 13 yr NBA career. Also seem to remember a guy named Hilton Armstrong.

Reaction Score
KO himself was undrafted, played with CT Pride for 2 years and then had a nice little 13 yr NBA career. Also seem to remember a guy named Hilton Armstrong.
Both are definitely great success stories. However, Hilton was behind Okafor, Boone, and Villanueva his sophomore year. When Whaley was a sophomore, he averaged the same amount of minutes as Kwintin Williams and less than a third of Eric Cobb.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thabeet and Bouk - oh well
Maybe Hawk will turn the tide on recent 1st rounders

Reaction Score
Thabeet and Bouk - oh well
Maybe Hawk will turn the tide on recent 1st rounders
Shabazz went first round. Definitely didn't have the same success as his senior season but was a solid role player. Was actually playing the best ball of his career (12 PPG / 4 APG in 20 games with Washington) before the Covid pause. Never touched an NBA court again. Doesn't really make sense to me, he was a solid veteran guard off the bench

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
So Whaley was acknowledged to be a very good defender and offensive and defensive rebounder. Isn't it an axiom that it is easier to teach someone at the pro level to shoot and develop offense. So if this is true why shouldn't he be able to have a career in the league? And if the above is true it makes sense that some people in the pro's would see his physical attributes, character and take a chance of developing the rest? Am I missing something here? A highly motivated guy sees the holes in his game and good coaches are willing to work with someone who doesn't give up. One thing for sure is he really developed a tenacity along the way in college and now hopefully he can polish off the missing pieces. Go Mr. Wrench!

Reaction Score
I’m desperately hoping he gets a shot at the NBA. I think it’ll come soon.
If he can get confident in his outside shot he has got a chance .
But there are so many players competing for so few spots a little luck helps.

Reaction Score
So Whaley was acknowledged to be a very good defender and offensive and defensive rebounder. Isn't it an axiom that it is easier to teach someone at the pro level to shoot and develop offense. So if this is true why shouldn't he be able to have a career in the league? And if the above is true it makes sense that some people in the pro's would see his physical attributes, character and take a chance of developing the rest? Am I missing something here? A highly motivated guy sees the holes in his game and good coaches are willing to work with someone who doesn't give up. One thing for sure is he really developed a tenacity along the way in college and now hopefully he can polish off the missing pieces. Go Mr. Wrench!
His ability to handle the ball has vastly improved. The only negative at this point is nearly all of his scoring is on layups. He's 1-5 from three and has only taken 3 mid range shots that I can remember. I'm confident it'll come though

Reaction Score
Both are definitely great success stories. However, Hilton was behind Okafor, Boone, and Villanueva his sophomore year. When Whaley was a sophomore, he averaged the same amount of minutes as Kwintin Williams and less than a third of Eric Cobb.
Hurley apparently saw nothing to like about Whaley his sophomore year.
Was it Whaley's lack of ability? Or did Hurley just not see it?

Reaction Score
Bouk won't be in NBA much longer if he doesn't drastically improve his shooting....this year is 33% overall and 22% from 3 for a SG...yikes.

Now he's riding the bench again on a terrible Hornets team. Hope he realizes the NBA is not his birthright and that he needs to work like crazy at this point to stick around.

Reaction Score
Bouk won't be in NBA much longer if he doesn't drastically improve his shooting....this year is 33% overall and 22% from 3 for a SG...yikes.

Now he's riding the bench again on a terrible Hornets team. Hope he realizes the NBA is not his birthright and that he needs to work like crazy at this point to stick around.
I honestly can’t speak on any facts or rumors when I say this, it’s more of a gut feeling/observation, but he just doesn’t seem like he works hard. And that sentiment is kind of confirmed when you see him struggling the way he is. He needs a serious ass awakening, and I truly hope he is starting to get it after the way this promising season is going. And I’m probably one of his biggest fans, purchased league pass the last two seasons, and watch every game to see him. Just sucks, hope he figures it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom